• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Forster Die?

Farmboy05

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2009
JBER, AK
I'm looking into buying a set of dies for my .260 that's still at the gunsmith, and was wondering if it was worth the money to go ahead and get the forster benchrest dies with the micro head? They really aren't that much more expensive and I could see where the mic adjust would be handy. All my other dies are Rcbs or Redding, so I really don't know that much about them.

Re: Forster Die?

I always spring for the mic. dies eeven if they are extra. Fiddling with seating depths without the mic. isn't for me.

I love my Forster mic die. Want one for every caliber, but settled for Hornady dies and their MIC top for "lesser" calibers. The micrometer tops take a bunch of guess work out for bullet seating depth.

I absolutely love Forster's dies. The mic heads are a user convenience, it adds nothing to the quality of ammo.

I have been a RCBS/Redding guy, but bought the Forster die for nephew's new .243. I think I may like the Forster die the best. I definitely think it is alot of die for the money.

Forster makes excellent dies, buy with confidence. Definately go with the Micrometer adjustment type seater.