• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fortunate dilemma, which optic?

Softtail103

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2020
    PNW
    It’s coyote season again. Stay with the Kahles K16i or move to a VX-6HD 2-12x42? More range would be nice but the 1 power for when they scatter is a plus also.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
    I am a fan of Leupold.
    But, I'm not hearing about any complaints of the Kahles. $2k is a lot to spend for a little more power.
    I'd think on it after you make your next hunt.

I am a fan of Leupold.
    But, I'm not hearing about any complaints of the Kahles. $2k is a lot to spend for a little more power.
    I'd think on it after you make your next hunt.
    I have the Leupold sitting in my safe not being used. One will be going up for sale shortly.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    When calling coyotes, I like using a 1x scope. If sniping is the game, I would want more magnification.
    More than likely that Leupold scope has a shitty reticle and no zero stop, so I wouldn't want to use that scope anyway.

Not sure I'd want to go to Leupold from a khales.... I want to love Leupold, but they just don't offer much imo compared to other options.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee