• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foul Mike

" It doesn't take a strong back to break a shovel, but a weak mind."

I think of him every time I break a shovel,

I think that saying was coined in a diffrent era in shovel construction. I think half the shovels for sale in any town today I could break across my knee. 🤣🤣🤣

Rest in peace Mike. It’s too bad I decided to check this place out so late, he sounds like a good ol boy. I’ll mix up a drink in commemoration shortly. And I’m sure he’ll appreciate a pic of getting my oldest son to a range for the first time a few weeks ago

1709499143057.jpeg

1709499165841.jpeg

Never met him, at least to my knowledge (met so many at SHOTs/comps in the past I have lost count and I was never great with names), but I had enjoyed his posts and his, shall I say, maybe ornery (not in a bad way) disposition.

From everything I read by him and about him, I would straightaway put him in the "Salt of the earth" category. The kind of people we need the most now and are losing (or are being diluted out) rapidly. Glad he had offspring to carry on his ways and legacy, but then again everyone he touched is in part his legacy. Remember that.

Condolences to his family and friends.

" It doesn't take a strong back to break a shovel, but a weak mind."

I think of him every time I break a shovel,

I think that saying was coined in a diffrent era in shovel construction. I think half the shovels for sale in any town today I could break across my knee. 🤣🤣🤣
Razorback.

I don't think I've read any of his stories, how would one go about finding them , search by foul mike or some other way , he sounds like a heck of a guy , guess I joined too late to see any of his post.

We lost Foul Mike today, as is my understanding. Rest in peace Brother and God Speed! Your humor, your knowledge, and your gift of triggering Snowflakes will be greatly missed. We lost another great one Brother's. It's never easy, but I know those that have moved on are at peace, and pain free!
So sorry to hear!

I will have some whiskey and beer in his honor

I don't think I've read any of his stories, how would one go about finding them , search by foul mike or some other way , he sounds like a heck of a guy , guess I joined too late to see any of his post.
A very short story.

I dont remember the context it was so long ago but for some reason I replied to one of his posts about something and remarked 'Sweet'. Mike came right back with "Dont ever refer to anything in any post of mine as 'sweet.' We had a good laugh over that one. That was many years ago, feeling old myself.

Dang, that was sudden. Gone only 4 days after his struggle was made public. Considering the nature of ALS, I guess that's a blessing, especially since he was able to make it out and be with friends at the range a day or two ago (thanks for sharing that private time with us, Powda). I never met Mike, or personally corresponded with him, but I always had utmost respect for him and his presence here. He made me laugh, and many times he made me think. He was the epitome of what makes this place great. Godspeed, Mike, and we are praying for your family and friends in their loss.

1J04 - So good to see you back, Brother. I was beginning to worry something had happened to you. Glad to hear you plan on hanging with us more.

Great Post Brother, And Thx, You'll See Me A Bit More Often For Sure. Didn't have any internet in the IMU at Walla Walla. Long story, but that Goat is a lying fuck! :ROFLMAO:

Well.
My Monday needs some humor, so time for a dandy of a Foul Mike story.

Foul Mike always referred to his wife as his Squaw.
They were quite a pair, him always saying he had to keep her away from nice pistols or she would buy them all. Always raggin on the new Lincoln she got with all its doodads and buttons and crap.
When I would call and say “Hi Mrs Foul Mike, how are ya today?” She would laugh and say, “good, lemme get you my dude”.

Anyways. Years back and a vehicle or 3 ago, Mrs Foul Mike had a fuel pump go out.
It happens.
Foul Mike being himself, got a new one and replaced it.
On the off chance it wasnt just part failure (and knowing her tendencies), he explained to her about running your tank near empty so often isnt too good on the pump.
Yeah yeah yeah, got it she says and life goes on.

Then, another pump goes (not sure how long).
Replaced again by FM and another, slightly stronger worded conversation about running it so low so often.

Well. Believe it or not, along down the line, dang pump fails yet again.

So, Foul Mike told his squaw to clear her schedule and they would go to the shop.
He taught her that day how to replace the on tank fuel pump.
Turned nary a bolt.
Only pointed and made suggestions as to what needed done, what tools to use, and where they could be found.
She was less than thrilled.
But got it done. Took “a while” compared to a person used to fixing things.

As of 2 weeks ago when we talked and his speech was still pretty easy, she still has not had another fuel pump failure since that day and almost to a fault, tops it off just after the level goes below 1/2 a tank!

Well.
My Monday needs some humor, so time for a dandy of a Foul Mike story.

Foul Mike always referred to his wife as his Squaw.
They were quite a pair, him always saying he had to keep her away from nice pistols or she would buy them all. Always raggin on the new Lincoln she got with all its doodads and buttons and crap.
When I would call and say “Hi Mrs Foul Mike, how are ya today?” She would laugh and say, “good, lemme get you my dude”.

Anyways. Years back and a vehicle or 3 ago, Mrs Foul Mike had a fuel pump go out.
It happens.
Foul Mike being himself, got a new one and replaced it.
On the off chance it wasnt just part failure (and knowing her tendencies), he explained to her about running your tank near empty so often isnt too good on the pump.
Yeah yeah yeah, got it she says and life goes on.

Then, another pump goes (not sure how long).
Replaced again by FM and another, slightly stronger worded conversation about running it so low so often.

Well. Believe it or not, along down the line, dang pump fails yet again.

So, Foul Mike told his squaw to clear her schedule and they would go to the shop.
He taught her that day how to replace the on tank fuel pump.
Turned nary a bolt.
Only pointed and made suggestions as to what needed done, what tools to use, and where they could be found.
She was less than thrilled.
But got it done. Took “a while” compared to a person used to fixing things.

As of 2 weeks ago when we talked and his speech was still pretty easy, she still has not had another fuel pump failure since that day and almost to a fault, tops it off just after the level goes below 1/2 a tank!
I believe I remember him telling that story to us.

If I visit from Oklahoma, where we have Constitutional Carry, and I have CW form Ok. I feel sure bring a bolt gun should be no problem, but what about sidearms?

Last edited:
I am not aware of anything you cant bring CO that you can have in another state. Semi autos, switch blades, handguns, and suppressors. We have 15 round magazine limit but you can go to most gun shops in the state and they will be selling mags that hold more than 15. You must posses a government permission slip to CC though. I imagine things are fixing to change what with our mail elections though.

This site is pretty good for state relevant laws. Just click on the state you need.

Colorado doesn't recognize a carry permit from a state you don't reside in. Example when I lived in Texas with a Texas address I was good. When I moved to Utah and had Texas license with Utah address no good for the couple of years til I got my Utah carry. Now I'm good again.

Reactions: DIBBS
Just check for CC reciprocity.

Lots do I believe. I have CO, so not the most familiar though.

As far as safe, Sterling is a nice drive from the Front Range and liberal foolishness.
Drive in, drive out. Dont visit denver.

We all run and shoot what we want.
Checked, looks like were good. Hope I can make it.

Just sort of seems like we need to send him off to the tune of Garry Owen.

Rest easy FM.

Sirhr

Music reminds me of the Appalachia story teller story’s. Where the people were bigger than life and had iron will and were not going to bend the knee to no man or government other than there god given Appalachia mountain law.

Reactions: Tokay444 and lash
I want to tell you all that my dad Foul Mike loved this group and talked highly of all of you.

Friday at the range was very important to him, we could see the joy in his face and the lift in his spirits was great to see.

The range is going to do a memorial bench for him at the 1000 firing line. I am full of hundreds of his sayings and stories but have loved reading your stories. If any of you have any suggestions on a saying or anything for the bench please let me know so I can get back with the range master.

Some of my favorite sayings from growing up with him were.
It isn't a strong back but a weak mind that breaks the shovel handle.
Hurrying is the daddy of all fuck ups.
Don't get your line caught in the motor, DON'T GET YOUR LINE CAUGHT IN THE MOTOR, FUCK!!

Dad always told us to never lie and he never did. He always told us what we needed to hear and not what we wanted to hear.

Damn! I missed all of this yesterday and am just reading it this morning. It’s misty here reading all the fine tributes to a man who lived his life well. I never knew him or met him.

I was running a PRS22 match yesterday and in his honor, some young ones who I always let shoot free. (Note: 2nd from left is not a junior)

View attachment 8363506

I am nowhere near the person that FM was, but like him, I’m always happy when we can get young people into shooting.

Thanks to all who have posted stories, vignettes and pictures as memories.

Damn! I missed all of this yesterday and am just reading it this morning. It’s misty here reading all the fine tributes to a man who lived his life well. I never knew him or met him.

I was running a PRS22 match yesterday and in his honor, some young ones who I always let shoot free. (Note: 2nd from left is not a junior)

View attachment 8363506

I am nowhere near the person that FM was, but like him, I’m always happy when we can get young people into shooting.

Thanks to all who have posted stories, vignettes and pictures as memories.
Those two with their hair up are gonna be a force to be reckoned with in a few years.

Rest easy FM. Will raise a toast this afternoon

At a loss for words, but prayers up for Mike and fam

If the book isn't started yet, maybe we all collect the snippets from here and compile the unofficial version and post it in resources?

There are gems that need to live on, and his stories..... man the stories 🤣
I think what would be better is to make a collection and provide them to his family so they know how many lives he touched and the impact he had far and wide

I want to tell you all that my dad Foul Mike loved this group and talked highly of all of you.

Friday at the range was very important to him, we could see the joy in his face and the lift in his spirits was great to see.

The range is going to do a memorial bench for him at the 1000 firing line. I am full of hundreds of his sayings and stories but have loved reading your stories. If any of you have any suggestions on a saying or anything for the bench please let me know so I can get back with the range master.

Some of my favorite sayings from growing up with him were.
It isn't a strong back but a weak mind that breaks the shovel handle.
Hurrying is the daddy of all fuck ups.
Don't get your line caught in the motor, DON'T GET YOUR LINE CAUGHT IN THE MOTOR, FUCK!!

Dad always told us to never lie and he never did. He always told us what we needed to hear and not what we wanted to hear.
I knew you dad, and am the neighbor of Jay and Karly at work. I look forward to meeting you later this year.

Welcome to Snipershide.

Thanks, I think we are going to have a shoot at the Logan County Shooting Sports Complex later in the spring. It will be good to see people there.

Welcome aboard Clyde-O:

Just wanted to let you know how far your dad's influence reached. I think of him everyday down here in Australia. I don't think I will be able to make it to the shoot but I will be there in spirit.

Regards, Barney.