• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Foul Mike

Sounds like a hell of a man, had every reason to be bitter but instead embraced life and showed everyone how to live it, a man to be admired. I pray the lord lifts him and his family up in his final days.

Last edited:
Let me get some work done, then tell yall about the neighbors cat crapping in the flower beds.

And the squirrels on the cable line in the back yard….

And the fuel pump story.

And the highway sign story.

The list of great humor is quite long.

And just ask him about the customer service at Harris Bipods where an American you can understand picks up the phone and is exceedingly helpful and polite.
And the story is about sling swivels, not bipods.
But saw some darn impressive shooting off an old Harris with an old sandbag his wife stitched up for him.
The cat shitting in the flowerbeds one brings back fond memories of him for sure . Fucking cats.

Love the stories, but mostly have and will miss our morning shooting sessions. Was a great way to start a day, coffee FM and Rod and I shooting 16oz water bottles @1000 yards.
He's my friend, and I will miss him.

Love the stories, but mostly have and will miss our morning shooting sessions. Was a great way to start a day, coffee FM and Rod and I shooting 16oz water bottles @1000 yards.
He's my friend, and I will miss him.

I know you guys had A LOT of those over the years. Just a few rounds.
I made quite a few of them, I think more you had to miss than not.

I think it was my second one, bottle ready, and dead calm (a 1/1000 chance at 0700 there).
You told me hold L edge of the bottle and as I settled in my breathing ole Rod pipes up “Eli, you dont hit it first shot, you aint worth a shit!”
And all 3 of you guys cracking up.
3 highly experienced LR shooters spotting for me.
No pressure Man Nurse. None…..

Elevation perfect.
Hit about 1/2” to the L of dead center bottle holding L edge of the bottle.
A helluva time for my 2nd ever 100% cold bore shot at that distance.
I bet Foul Mike and I have retold that story 20 times and just laughing our butts off every time.

I know you guys had A LOT of those over the years. Just a few rounds.
I made quite a few of them, I think more you had to miss than not.

I think it was my second one, bottle ready, and dead calm (a 1/1000 chance at 0700 there).
You told me hold L edge of the bottle and as I settled in my breathing ole Rod pipes up “Eli, you dont hit it first shot, you aint worth a shit!”
And all 3 of you guys cracking up.
3 highly experienced LR shooters spotting for me.
No pressure Man Nurse. None…..

Elevation perfect.
Hit about 1/2” to the L of dead center bottle holding L edge of the bottle.
A helluva time for my 2nd ever 100% cold bore shot at that distance.
I bet Foul Mike and I have retold that story 20 times and just laughing our butts off every time.
Lol, I remember that well, great shot considering the smack being thrown at ya...🤣

Hell of a man. I never got to meet him in person. One fond memory was when he finally got his 1st CAV avatar up and running after hours of frustration. He was struggling to get it full size and not cut off. I am not tech savvy at all, but I earned my CIB with 1st CAV and reached out to help a fellow Trooper. I had an old cropped down 1st CAV Pic to use for an avatar Pic and offered it to FM. He politely declined and said he made that avatar and he was going to stick with it. I think he was so damn proud that he managed to do it by himself it became a badge of honor for him.

Everytime I saw his unique avatar I didn't even have to read the username to know it was Foul Mike. The man is a wealth of knowledge and a pillar of this community. Prayers for him and his family.
I'm only happy to know, that I'd assisted him in a small amount on this quest.

At a loss for words, but prayers up for Mike and fam

If the book isn't started yet, maybe we all collect the snippets from here and compile the unofficial version and post it in resources?

There are gems that need to live on, and his stories..... man the stories 🤣

As for any man who is facing the final days, final moments, it is hard, hard for him, harder for those who love and care for him. Let us all pray for his soul and some small measure of peace for those who love him and will miss him.

The Foul One told some great stories and lived the life of a real MAN among men! He also generously supported a ton of folks when in need in whatever way he could. Few of his stories had me laughing so hard it hurt!
Mike, may the wind be in your sails for the next journey. We'll hold down the fort until it's our time to come have a cold one with you again..

Love and respect @Foul Mike

1709266197825.png

EDIT: For those who are not familiar with the bipod reference.

Last edited:
The story he told of being at the Cheyenne VA and finding the 80 plus year old beating up the homeless guy covered in shit had me laughing for hours. True legend. Prayers my friend.

Easily one of the Guy's we come to the Hide for. Just damn good people and couldn't be more sorry to hear of his situation. Very humbling. There is no doubt the Man will fight to the end. Hang tough Brother, you know we're thinking of you!

I never met Mike but loved his postings. It is sad to lose him. Heaven it seems is getting an upgrade and MIke will be getting an upgrade too. From his beloved earthly Cavalry to the Lords Cavalry. Some men are special, Mike was one of them.

I made this and posted it a few years back after he told the story. I thought it was a great representation of how I pictured him. The thing about Mike was he was going to be him and did not care if you liked it or not. A true character with true character. He clicked the like on this. Farewell.

FoulMike.jpg

Easily one of the Guy's we come to the Hide for. Just damn good people and couldn't be more sorry to hear of his situation. Very humbling. There is no doubt the Man will fight to the end. Hang tough Brother, you know we're thinking of you!
Nice to see you here sir...hope you are enjoying retirement

Nice to see you here sir...hope you are enjoying retirement

Thx Brother Nik! Retirement and me are getting along just fine. Shoulda pulled the plug a few years earlier, but it wouldn't have been as epic as Aug 31st of 2021 when they wanted to inject poison in me and I told them to stick it in their ass I'm outta here.

Thx Brother Nik! Retirement and me are getting along just fine. Shoulda pulled the plug a few years earlier, but it wouldn't have been as epic as Aug 31st of 2021 when they wanted to inject poison in me and I told them to stick it in their ass I'm outta here.
Good for you. I need 4 more years but didn’t have to face what you had to

Hope we see you more often

Yesterday morning, my family took a drive.
We met @abn31c at the range.

A while later a red Lincoln SUV pulls up.
Riding shotgun was Foul Mike.
Driving was one of his sons, with his daughter and other son in the backseat.

We immediately had a laugh as Foul Mike has often waxed eloquent about that new Lincoln and all the buttons and doodads.
Much happier in his old 3/4 ton deleted Ram through and through.

Not able to get out for long, the car was positioned so Foul Mike could easily see the entirety of the 1000 yd line.
All there proceeded to hammer one target at the farthest distance.
Several took turns on the square at 600 with a couple accurate ARs.

Each one of FM kids shot and connected at both distances.

Range manager showed up.
Asked me where my tag was for the day, showing I paid.
I nodded at the Lincoln and he saw FM in there and told me “no need today, awesome to get him out here”.

There was some good shooting and some fun.
Some good jokes, Foul Mike’s kids busting jokes and even a few on dad, which he clearly enjoyed.
Ever the man who enjoys a good laugh.

We made sure we had a Harris bipod on and commented on their good customer service. 😉

FM tired out soon enough, but likely an hour or more there, and was ready to go home to rest.

A tough day.
Wouldn't have missed it either.

We immediately had a laugh as Foul Mike has often waxed eloquent about that new Lincoln and all the buttons and doodads.

Not able to get out for long, the car was positioned so Foul Mike could easily see the entirety of the 1000 yd line.

Range manager showed up.
I nodded at the Lincoln and he saw FM in there and told me “no need today, awesome to get him out here”.

Some good jokes, Foul Mike’s kids busting jokes and even a few on dad, which he clearly enjoyed.

We made sure we had a Harris bipod on and commented on their good customer service. 😉

FM tired out soon enough, but likely an hour or more there, and was ready to go home to rest.

A tough day.
Damn fine men @powdahound76 and @abn31c.

He would have happily shared a foxhole with either of you.

Range manager showed up.

A tough day.
Pawnee Sportsman?

We lost Foul Mike today, as is my understanding. Rest in peace Brother and God Speed! Your humor, your knowledge, and your gift of triggering Snowflakes will be greatly missed. We lost another great one Brother's. It's never easy, but I know those that have moved on are at peace, and pain free!

We lost Foul Mike today, as is my understanding. Rest in peace Brother and God Speed! Your humor, your knowledge, and your gift of triggering Snowflakes will be greatly missed. We lost another great one Brother's. It's never easy, but I know those that have moved on are at peace, and pain free!
Well fuck. I shall pour a glass for him at my table. RIP.

Foul Mike.jpeg

foulmike2 (2).jpg

We should all be so lucky as to have friends take us to the shooting range, right up to the day before we pass. RIP @Foul Mike
foulmike3a.jpg

FM1.JPG

FM2.JPG

EDIT: I wish I could post some of the stuff we PM'd back and forth but I promised him I would not. If you guys never had any interaction with Mike you really missed meeting a great man.

Last edited:
Son-of-a-bitch. that really sucks. No more late night talks about how bad the VA is fucking you. He got me thru a couple bad nights. Sure wish I could have met him. Shared the same "horse blanket". Ate the same dirt. Rest in peace comrade. I saute you my friend. Nam was a fucking joke. The dinks couldnt kill us all. so our fucking government sprayed us with "orange crush" Little girl!! Even agent blue. Blue stripe on the barells instead of orange, To this day they wont admit it that contributes to ALS. Sad so sad.. Lost a real hero.

Dang, that was sudden. Gone only 4 days after his struggle was made public. Considering the nature of ALS, I guess that's a blessing, especially since he was able to make it out and be with friends at the range a day or two ago (thanks for sharing that private time with us, Powda). I never met Mike, or personally corresponded with him, but I always had utmost respect for him and his presence here. He made me laugh, and many times he made me think. He was the epitome of what makes this place great. Godspeed, Mike, and we are praying for your family and friends in their loss.

1J04 - So good to see you back, Brother. I was beginning to worry something had happened to you. Glad to hear you plan on hanging with us more.

Great moments of a great friend captured by one of those dang smart phones.

Shooting the 39A with the 10 yr old, Im not sure who was grinnin more.
My daughter also got to see FM and his friend’s arrowhead and artifact collection that day. Professional amateurs. Well cataloged. Bet she got to handle 200+ heads and see 1500 or more in cases.

EE48A72B-4AE1-4B95-AC26-7A31BB1AAC6F.jpeg
358E5D0A-DCD7-4C5F-9B9F-3D1BFC17292F.jpeg
729CB2F9-D618-42BD-863D-C1AF2D6E1B53.jpeg
22D06BFD-A6DA-42B3-9CF6-AFC40BBC40B8.jpeg
B402FACC-BC33-4E8C-BCE1-CCFA0F881717.jpeg

Gents, besides what the family plans, there will be a Foul Mike Memorial Shoot here in CO.

I have the range manager’s cell and full support. I have a couple guys who are gonna help a load with logistics.

Not sure where the funds will go, and it will be at FM’s family request.

I will say this. Foul Mike LOVED getting kids into shooting.
To honor his great memory, take a kid out and burn up some .22.
Get them on long range steel the first time.
Help them find a old rifle and clean it up and make it serviceable.

While my heart is sad, I find my own peace knowing that Foul Mike’s suffering has ended.
The cancer pains were requiring around the clock pain meds and the ALS was making swallowing any liquid, even managing saliva, very tough for him.

Great moments of a great friend captured by one of those dang smart phones.

Shooting the 39A with the 10 yr old, Im not sure who was grinnin more.
My daughter also got to see FM and his friend’s arrowhead and artifact collection that day. Professional amateurs. Well cataloged. Bet she got to handle 200+ heads and see 1500 or more in cases.

View attachment 8363445View attachment 8363446View attachment 8363447View attachment 8363448View attachment 8363449

Gents, besides what the family plans, there will be a Foul Mike Memorial Shoot here in CO.

I have the range manager’s cell and full support. I have a couple guys who are gonna help a load with logistics.

Not sure where the funds will go, and it will be at FM’s family request.

I will say this. Foul Mike LOVED getting kids into shooting.
To honor his great memory, take a kid out and burn up some .22.
Get them on long range steel the first time.
Help them find a old rifle and clean it up and make it serviceable.

While my heart is sad, I find my own peace knowing that Foul Mike’s suffering has ended.
The cancer pains were requiring around the clock pain meds and the ALS was making swallowing any liquid, even managing saliva, very tough for him.
He told me about the cancer but not the ALS. Moved on to a better home, RIP, old man.

Reactions: 168BTHPM
Damn! I missed all of this yesterday and am just reading it this morning. It’s misty here reading all the fine tributes to a man who lived his life well. I never knew him or met him.

I was running a PRS22 match yesterday and in his honor, some young ones who I always let shoot free. (Note: 2nd from left is not a junior)

1709478202397.jpeg

I am nowhere near the person that FM was, but like him, I’m always happy when we can get young people into shooting.

Thanks to all who have posted stories, vignettes and pictures as memories.