• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Found a decent folding reloading bench today

Cranedaddy

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2013
I found this bench at Home Depot today for $70 bucks. It comes already assembled, all you have to do is open the box fold the legs out and put the bottom shelf in between the legs and you're done! It's 6'x20". I was there today to pick up some wood to build my own until I came across this which is almost exactly the same size and style I was going to build myself but the price of the wood was almost as much as this and I didn't have to build it :cool: I realize this bench isn't anywhere near anything most people on here are looking for but for the price and the compact design it works perfect for me.

20140423_153413_zps0c43baf5.jpg

looks good to me and easily expandable Im sure
I found this bench at Home Depot today for $70 bucks. It comes already assembled, all you have to do is open the box fold the legs out and put the bottom shelf in between the legs and you're done! It's 6'x20". I was there today to pick up some wood to build my own until I came across this which is almost exactly the same size and style I was going to build myself but the price of the wood was almost as much as this and I didn't have to build it :cool: I realize this bench isn't anywhere near anything most people on here are looking for but for the price and the compact design it works perfect for me.

20140423_153413_zps0c43baf5.jpg

For $70, bolt a second one to it, L-shaped :)

Put your bullets on that lower shelf - or line the bottom shelf with of cheap 4x8x16 concrete blocks - lots of weight down low will give you a huge boost in stability. Lee uses that approach to stabilize their tripod stand, and it works very well.

Nice find!

I like it and could use one like it. My only suggestion would be to run a couple of bolts through that 2X4 along the back and into some wall studs if it will be placed against the wall.

I like it and could use one like it. My only suggestion would be to run a couple of bolts through that 2X4 along the back and into some wall studs if it will be placed against the wall.

Yea that would work good!

I kind of had odd reasons why I bought this one.. I don't have the luxury to work in my home town with my family so I work out of state. This bench will fit perfectly in my spare bedroom in my camper that I stay in while I'm working. It's stout enough to use but can fold away for storage when my family comes out to see me. I already have a "normal" reloading bench for home :cool:

This is pretty much the only picture on the box. I did add some more screws and glue down the top (it had some glue but not much) and I coated it with polyurethane for a little protection.

20140424_103350_zps3b09f9ee.jpg

It'd extremely hard to find.... They don't normally carry in stock it's a special order. FYI if y'all plan in going to home depot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a few of these at HD today. Remembering this thread...I almost grabbed one. But, I think I'll make one. I like projects. And I always over-engineer and overbuild things....and I can build it the way I want it (depth, height, shelves, etc...)

Nice score. I live out of a travel trailer while working as well. I ended up making a table out of scrap channel and diamond plate but it weighs 100 lbs and doesn't fold. Gonna go get one of these ASAP.

Saw these stacked by the door @ HD before I saw this thread. Grabbed one as a second bench in my RL room. Love it. I also polyed the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah! They patented it?!?

It looks like my first reloading bench that I built 20 years ago.

I'm thinking about getting one of these from HF for reloading. It comes with a wood vise which would come in handy for lots of things. Obviously, it cost twice as much.

image_22222.jpg

Bolt it to the wall and throw a thick piece of plywood on top of it and it should serve you well for many years to come.
Money well spent.
Cheers

I'm thinking about getting one of these from HF for reloading. It comes with a wood vise which would come in handy for lots of things. Obviously, it cost twice as much.

The HF bench works great and has good storage.

IMG_20140510_154231.jpg

Loaded down with all the bullets on the lower shelf it's pretty stable, though I still plan on bolting it to the wall using a pair of shelf brackets as wings on the sides for even more stability.

Recently picked up the Inline Fabrication mount for my LNL AP so I can access the drawers without removing the press from the work surface.