• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Found pretty decent charity donation for military vets, their families and their educations from outdoor store

ShooterScott

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2017
I really wish other bigger retailers would start doing the same thing, but this is a start I guess.

It looks like OpticsPlanet is donating a portion of each purchase to a charity that supports military vets and their families and their educational futures. This is something that is very close to my heart, so I thought I'd share. If any of you find any companies doing anything similar could you please let me know, I like to keep up to date on who is doing what for our brothers and sisters:

Operation Gift

Semper Fi

Just be careful, a lot of shit is mad to sound all great when in fact it's just scheme to make money, where 10% or the bare minimum legal amount goes to the vet or family.

For seriously wounded soldiers and family, Fisher House is where it's at. If you wanna help vets after they've gone through the toughest and now have to navigate the VA or fall through the cracks, then donate to American Legion (that's the one I use, so of course I'll plug for them) but AMVET does something similar and there are a few other good ones too. They take donations, they don't get paid, all are volunteers. Were it not for them, most veterans would be getting totally fucked by the VA. They make the system work for vets.

I cannot vouch for Wounded Warrior. They've consistently shown me time and again they're in it for the money. They're really good at shaming you for calling them out too.

This is from experience.