• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*******FOUND THEM******* Stinger Missile Cases

Averagejoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2008
Behind You!!!
I have been searching for these for nearly 2 years and have finally gotten a solid source that has 31 of them in Stock. They aren't cheap ($650.00) but they are original..

They have an exterior length of 66 inches and exterior cross section of 13 inches x 14 inches. If your gun does not exceed 62 inches in length, this is ideal protection. The interior foam is set up for a missile launcher. Simply remove it and fill with foam you can purchase at Home Depot.

4 very heavy duty snap-lock latches, A lid-locking hinge, plus O-ring seal, exterior pressure relief valve and a humidity indicator. Solid carrying handles at each end of the case.

Drop me a PM if you want one.

Re: *******FOUND THEM******* Stinger Missile Cases

Average Joe at three times the cost of a Pelican, Storm, or Starlight what are the benefits of these stinger missles cases? I know they are built tough but they do not offer any kind of warranty or service after the sale for parts etc. Thank you for the heads up and I would be interested to see some pictures of one set up as a rifle case.

Danel

Reactions: E-Tool

Impractical, but it does have a cool factor. Of course the eminent cavity search by DHS is the big draw back.

I assume the main attraction is having a very out of the ordinary conversation piece. With bonus points to watch TSA airport security shit litters of water buffalo when you check in a rifle housed in such a container.

Reactions: camocorvette

I'm gonna guess (well hope actually) that he means $650 for all 31, which would make them about $21 each.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MudBug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm gonna guess (well hope actually) that he means $650 for all 31, which would make them about $21 each.</div></div>

Nope, I'll bet $5 they are $650 each!

Nope...they are $350 ea plus shipping = $650
smile.gif

Pat

They work great for cases but are very heavy. One case + 2 BMG's = over 150 pounds. Some will put wheels on one end which make it easier to transport.

When you could find these several years ago for a fraction of the current price, they were worth the money...a little clean-up, some foam fitting and you had an excellent case (particularly for a long-barreled 50BMG or similar setup, or multiple large rifles/gear/etc.). However, at $650/case...OUCH!!

As for Pelican/Storm/etc. cases, unfortunately you can't get them in sizes near the size of the Stinger cases. The longest offered by Pelican is around 55" in total usable length inside the case. The Stinger has almost a foot more internal length, not to mention depth and width.

Good luck if you get one of these cases. Be sure to put up some pics of the before/after product. They are truly impressive looking cases!!
wink.gif

Reactions: Quail2Cardinal

I was asked a number of months ago to see if I could find a few so I did. Unfortunately the are actually $650.00 but do include "Free Shipping" from the warehouse. they are Heavy and VERY Large but will hold pretty much any long gun accept for maybe 14.5 or larger.

Just thought I would pass it on if anyone was still interested.

Reactions: Quail2Cardinal

captain kirk found them too for a lot less:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captin_kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to update the price for these as i've gotten enough of a response that i'm sure I can get rid of the lot.

Price per box : $150 US + shipping
Orders of 10 or more : $125 US + shipping

I don't think that I will be shipping out of the continental US but if you live outside this area PM me and I'll see if i can't get you a quote. </div></div>

Here is the thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1656871&page=3

$650 is ridiculous to say the least for these AverageJoe...

Adam

Especially considering the part where AverageJoe even says this in the thread you linked:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im taking 2 and will pick up the other one for you if you like the price.. they are 175.00 each.. Its good to have friends at the range.. I might pick up all of them and start selling them if I can grab them cheaper as surplus from the range..</div></div>

just curious what happened to the cases to make them jump from $175 to $650.

maybe cheaperthandirt is involved somehow?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armed Ferret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Especially considering the part where AverageJoe even says this in the thread you linked:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im taking 2 and will pick up the other one for you if you like the price.. they are 175.00 each.. Its good to have friends at the range.. I might pick up all of them and start selling them if I can grab them cheaper as surplus from the range..</div></div>

just curious what happened to the cases to make them jump from $175 to $650.

maybe cheaperthandirt is involved somehow?
wink.gif
</div></div>

ah yes, once again, the "Show User's Posts" function rears its ugly head
smile.gif

somebody got GREEDY $$$. thats what happened.

There was a sale of these cases last month on gov liquidators. I think 4 to 6 lots with 54 cases to a lot. The lot sold for $60 per case. The last guy I know of which handled these cases was Jerry from American enterprises and the shipping form him was about $45. I tried to talk him into getting a lot but his warehouse is full of reloading components.

Just keep you eyes open and they'll show up in a little while. Or go to gov liquidators and they will pass your info to the buyer(they will not give you the buyers info) of the lots and if he's interested in getting rid of some he can contact you.

Being a 14S I deal with stinger coffins daily. I'd consider stinger coffins far from ideal for rifles. They are heavy, atleast 40lbs empty and impossible to carry by yourself and the latches suck. The only plus I see is how tough they are. Unless you're looking for cool points go for a storm case.

don't worry about stepping on toes, AJ tripped over his own price-gouge and hasn't been in the thread since.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: biodegraded</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I assume the main attraction is having a very out of the ordinary conversation piece. <span style="font-style: italic">With bonus points to watch TSA airport security <span style="font-weight: bold">shit litters of water buffalo </span>when you check in a rifle housed in such a container.</span> </div></div>

Now there's a novel turn of phrase I'm going to have to try to work into my conversations today.

Being a 14S I deal with stinger coffins daily. I'd consider stinger coffins far from ideal for rifles. They are heavy, atleast 40lbs empty and impossible to carry by yourself and the latches suck. The only plus I see is how tough they are. Unless you're looking for cool points go for a storm case.
Would you be willing to sell me one? (Hopefully less than 650!)

captain kirk found them too for a lot less:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: captin_kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to update the price for these as i've gotten enough of a response that i'm sure I can get rid of the lot.

Price per box : $150 US + shipping
Orders of 10 or more : $125 US + shipping

I don't think that I will be shipping out of the continental US but if you live outside this area PM me and I'll see if i can't get you a quote. </div></div>

Here is the thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1656871&page=3

$650 is ridiculous to say the least for these AverageJoe...

Adam
Your link is dead. I'd really like to buy one of these. Any options? Any help would be SUPER appreciated! Thank you so much!

Some people have the drive to find the things they appreciate in life and will go the distance for the things they want...

P.S. I have TP @ $10 a roll. Some are slightly used but still serviceable...

WTS Stinger Missile case ( surplus ).

$300 plus one case of 2-ply Quilted Northern : FIRM

Serious inquiries only!

ps. I'm not really trying to sell anything on here and I know I don't have 100 posts ( Please don't ban me )

• Haha
Reactions: RS14
This is nuts that anyone would want to carry these things. They are just not worth it unless it have the stinger missile in them. I am also just trying to add to my conversation numbers. lol

We had a Navy Instructor take the tube home to hang up over his mantle. When CID showed up at his house he learned they are a controlled item.