• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wanting To Buy

Dr. Davy Jones

After those 1st round hits
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2020
Maine
Hi gents, I don’t currently have a way to chrono my loads and am prepping for my first comp next month. Would anyone be willing to rent me a V3 for a weekend? I have great feedback on here and would be willing to pay a deposit worth the chrono that could be refunded after its return to you, in addition to the rental/shipping cost. I just don’t have the cash to buy one outright at the moment. Let me know- thanks!
-James

Hi gents, I don’t currently have a way to chrono my loads and am prepping for my first comp next month. Would anyone be willing to rent me a V3 for a weekend? I have great feedback on here and would be willing to pay a deposit worth the chrono that could be refunded after its return to you, in addition to the rental/shipping cost. I just don’t have the cash to buy one outright at the moment. Let me know- thanks!
-James
If you are going to shoot comps, I'd just buy one honestly. The sport v3 can be had cheap and will do just fine.

Reactions: Familydude
If you are going to shoot comps, I'd just buy one honestly. The sport v3 can be had cheap and will do just fine.
Yeah I hear that. I actually have a sporter with a Tubb adapter but it won’t reach to the end of my new suppressor. Even if it did, I don’t think it could get close enough to the bore center line. I know I could just do load development without the can but I’d much rather keep everything consistent and shoot with it on.

Yeah I hear that. I actually have a sporter with a Tubb adapter but it won’t reach to the end of my new suppressor. Even if it did, I don’t think it could get close enough to the bore center line. I know I could just do load development without the can but I’d much rather keep everything consistent and shoot with it on. Wh

When i had a sporter i used to just strap it around the suppressor with no spacers and it worked fine. Never had an issue with readings. Have you tried just strapping your sporter around the suppressor?

Reactions: Dr. Davy Jones
I have not- surprised to hear that worked! I’ll give it a go then. The Tubb kit doesn’t have straps but I guess I’ll just tape it or something

I have not- surprised to hear that worked! I’ll give it a go then. The Tubb kit doesn’t have straps but I guess I’ll just tape it or something
I wouldn’t tape it. You probably don’t want to get tape residue all over your suppressor. You don’t have this strap that comes with the sporter?

871BFC43-4425-420B-96E6-2A9A28947D0A.jpeg

Just bite the bullet and grab one. You’ll always end up needing it here and there. Learned this from experience.

Yeah I hear that. I actually have a sporter with a Tubb adapter but it won’t reach to the end of my new suppressor. Even if it did, I don’t think it could get close enough to the bore center line. I know I could just do load development without the can but I’d much rather keep everything consistent and shoot with it on.
I run a pretty long suppressor and use the mk mount with an extra rod. I had to drill and tap all of the set screws to really make it so it didn't move after a few groups but it works awesome now. Set sensitivity up to 8 or 9 and it isn't touching my can and records every shot without issue

Yeah you can always use a regular chrono too. Your mount just doesn't have long enough reach. A regular chrono may be best if you don't want to spend the money for a labradar or a new mount. You really have to have a crono of your own to do anything you compete with though. It doesn't have to be the latest or greatest, but you need to know your speed and consistency