• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frankfort Arsenal vs Forster

Brooks Bell

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2022
Godley, TX
My question is about the Co Ax presses from these manufacturers. I can get the Frankford for $121 or the Forster for $282. What would you pick? I’m new to reloading and can get most of the Frankford stuff for 60% off.

My question is about the Co Ax presses from these manufacturers. I can get the Frankford for $121 or the Forster for $282. What would you pick? I’m new to reloading and can get most of the Frankford stuff for 60% off.
The Co-Ax is a more durable machine than Frankford's, especially if one happens to need to apply a lot of force for some reason. The Frankford's shell plates are a little flimsy and can be bent. The Co-Ax has a primer seating feature that makes for pretty consistent seating depths (if that happens to be of any interest). The Co-Ax has a long, long history of being reliable and producing good results and holds it value should one decide to liquidate. So . . . as I already have, I'd go with the Co-Ax (if you can actually find one to buy in this tight market).