• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FRAUD ALERT -- MIDWEST POWDERS

oldfudd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2013
Atlanta, GA
BE AWARE: Midwest Powders has an internet site that advertises in-stock reloading powders at good prices. However, after sending a PayPal amount following a message from Midwest Powders confirming my order, and where they requested that I send the order payment to a specific individual, I tried to get confirmation on a shipping date. After a week where I sent 3 emails repeating my request, and receiving no response, I tried calling them. The phone had been disconnected. I then sent an email to the individual where the PayPal payment had been sent. Again, no response.

Bottom line: Just called my credit card company and explained my concern. They agreed to cancel the charge from PayPal, and also notify PayPal of a payment made by me through deceptive/fraudulent practices on behalf of the seller. BEWARE MIDWEST POWDERS !!!!

If I website doesn’t allow credit card, it’s most likely IS fraudulent.

BE AWARE: Midwest Powders has an internet site that advertises in-stock reloading powders at good prices. However, after sending a PayPal amount following a message from Midwest Powders confirming my order, and where they requested that I send the order payment to a specific individual, I tried to get confirmation on a shipping date. After a week where I sent 3 emails repeating my request, and receiving no response, I tried calling them. The phone had been disconnected. I then sent an email to the individual where the PayPal payment had been sent. Again, no response.

Bottom line: Just called my credit card company and explained my concern. They agreed to cancel the charge from PayPal, and also notify PayPal of a payment made by me through deceptive/fraudulent practices on behalf of the seller. BEWARE MIDWEST POWDERS !!!!
Wait, you were asked to send funds via PP TO A SPECIFIC INDIVIDUAL’s Account and you did it!!!???

Wow, sorry man but let me know when you want to buy a bridge or land in FL.

Glad you got your money back but suggest you seriously try to educate yourself on signs of internet scams….that or just buy at brick and mortar from now on.

Wait, you were asked to send funds via PP TO A SPECIFIC INDIVIDUAL’s Account and you did it!!!???

Wow, sorry man but let me know when you want to buy a bridge or land in FL.

Glad you got your money back but suggest you seriously try to educate yourself on signs of internet scams….that or just buy at brick and mortar from now on.
You can’t sell that bridge…its mine! But I will accept a PayPal payment so you can have it. Oh, wait, I don’t do pay (someone else’s) pal. Oh well, how did you get my bridge from London to Florida?

On a more serious note, I much prefer purchasing from a local brick and mortar store. But going back to my Silhouette days and now shooting PRS for fun, they simply don’t stock the powders I need, especially in the quantity I need it in. Further, it is all but impossible to expect them too. So, it has always been a mail order prospect. Now, I order from Hodgdon. At least I know where they are.

Reactions: Baron23
It has to be a troll account, right? I mean, for years we've all been saying, "If they only accept PayPal, Bitcoin, and Zelle, they're scammers!"
It looks like a reg account with a guy that just doesn't post much but it's odd. I can't believe someone would send funds to an individual when trying to buy powder from a COMPANY online... I mean....dang man

Reactions: secondofangle2
NEVER PAY WITH PayPal, Vemno, Zelle or any other electronic pay method. If they don't take Credit Cards most likely they are a scam and not a real business.

Let us know if you get it. The prices are quite low. Who makes Midwest Powders? I’m obviously clueless since I’ve not heard of them before.
I don't know who makes them but I have an 8lb jug of MP501 I ordered from American reloading a few months ago. I wanted one of the others that is supposed to be like wc844 or h335 but it was out of stock at the time. I was planning to use the 501 in my 20 practical but at 29g it was still.inly pushing 3550 with a 40vmax. It's supposed to be like 2520. I think it might be a good fit for my 6 arc.

Reactions: lash

Wish I had seen this before i ordered primers they are still at it and i fell into the trap and lost my money 12/09/2023. They were not happy with that , they claimed i need to send another $110 refundable deposit for hazmat fees to get them shipped from the airport. The used an international shipper without a phone number and ask to send money by Zelle or Paypal to a personal email account. I reported them but lost my money and feel really stupid. I missed the signs. Live and learn.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and wade2big
PayPal and Zelle and you missed the signs???

Want to buy a bridge?