• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, TX ***PICS UP***

Re: FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, Texas 02-19-

I'm ganna throw this out there as an RO. Tracers are cool but we DO NOT want to catch the ranch on fire! We will see what the weather conditions are like.

I can bring fire extinguishers.

if we wet the ground around each target we should be ok, but i would wait to check on weather as well. I will bring them but we'll let weather decide

I agree, it would obviously be weather-dependent. I also have plenty of non-tracer rounds, but I just threw the original suggestion out there because we were discussing extracurricular activities at night.

The_Hoff, you're coming all the way from NOLA? I lived there for five years in the 90s and often shot at The Shooting Club in River Ridge and out at Honey Island.

Yea I'm coming from new orleans lol, a LONG drive (about 11 hours)
grin.gif

I shoot at honey island once in a while but its limited to 100yds. I normally shoot at my local LEO outdoor range, out to 400yds.

friday night i'm going to be out cold lol

Thanks again to Storm Tactical.

Yesterday I received the box full of T-shirts and data books for the match....

Hey guys, these data books are especially nice...they are in a green zipper cover and have the green covers that were specially made for the Los Angeles County Sheriff SWAT team....

I would not shoot tracers there is a burn ban

Geordie,
Thanks for the advice, and thanks again for helping sponsor the match.

Thank you to RW Snyder Guns and Gunsmithing....

I just got a box from him today with a Falcon scope and several certificates for $50 off a rebarrel for our prize table.

Thank you again Robert for your generosity and support of this shooting community!

Yeah guys, tracers are a bad idea. Trust me. The last match I put on, we had an accident using standard FMJ and burned down 700 acres. I can only imagine what could happen with tracers.

Thank you again to Doug at Camera Land!
www.cameralandny.com

I just got a box from them for the match with a nice set of binoculars, stickers, mugs, and hats (some with Zeiss, Swaro, Pentax, etc. logos on the side.)

Thank you again Doug for your generosity!

Thank you to William Roscoe with Louisiana Precision Rifles.

Roscoe has volunteered to donate certificates for 20% off a custom rifle build to <span style="text-decoration: underline">everyone</span> who shoots the match!

The generosity of these guys blows me away...

I fully expect to have my ass handed to me and it looks like I will walk away with something. Thanks vendors!!!!

I will be bringing some of Roscoe's work to the match. Y'all can see it first hand. Top Notch!

For those that can't make it out Friday night will there be a place to check our zero Saturday morning?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blklabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that can't make it out Friday night will there be a place to check our zero Saturday morning? </div></div>

Yes, I haven't cleared this with Adam but I imagine it will be the first stage. It will be for low points. It won't hurt you to bad if your off
smile.gif

What time will things be opening up on Friday for practice / zeroing? I'm still trying to decide if I need to mosey over on Thursday or get up early Friday to head that way. As I'm in Northeastern Louisiana it'll take me about 8-9 hours drive time.

Gary.

The range won't open up until after 3:00pm on Friday.
Before that we'll still be setting up for the match.

I'm leaving friday to head up. from new orleans i am looking at 10-12 hours for the trip so i will leave about 3am, and hopefully get there by 3 or 4pm lol. its gonna be a long trip lol.

I sent everyone that's signed up for the match a lengthy PM today with lots of good information about the match. If you are signed up for the match and didn't receive it, please let me know.

Also, we will be dividing y'all up into two squads for the match. If there is someone(s) you'd like to be squaded with, please let me know soon and I'll try to accommodate.

Re: FREE Mesquite Creek Rifle Match, Texas 02-19-11

Hey everyone.

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Just wanted to point out that the round count has been uped to:
150 precision rifle
75 pistol</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">We probably won't shoot near that much ammo</span>, but we wanted to make sure that everyone had plenty with them.
If things move along quicker than we predict, or if we have a lot of no-shows the day of the match, then we'll have extra time at the end of the day and so we might add a few more stages.

Hey everyone,

I have decided to have t-shirts made up for the match.
The t-shirts will cost $20.00 each if you want one. The t-shirts are costing me less than that, but any proceeds from the t-shirt sales will go towards buying a few extra t-shirts to give to the match's volunteer RO's and to some of the match sponsors as a thank you.

Here's what they'll look like (I think they turned out pretty cool!)....
im86rp.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">If you would like a t-shirt just PM me or email me your size</span>. I will have the shirts ready for you at the match and you can pick them up there and pay me for them there as well. If you want more than one shirt that is not a problem either, just let me know.

Again the t-shirt deal is completely optional as I really want this to be a "free" match, so if you don't want one please don't feel pressured into buying one.

Just opened this up from XLR industries for the prize table....Remmy SA Chassis....
SWEET!!!!
2aflk40.jpg

Thanks again Kyle for supporting the match and the generous donation!!

<span style="font-size: 11pt">Important schedule change!!!!
You now need to arrive at the ranch at <span style="font-weight: bold">7:00am</span> on Saturday. We are now starting an hour earlier than previously posted! Safety brief at 7:30am, if you miss the safety brief you do not shoot the match! </span>

<span style="font-style: italic">I sent everyone that is signed up for the match this information in a PM and also an email. Please shoot me a PM or email back that you got the news about the schedule change.</span>

Gunsmith wont gimme back my rifle for this event...Looks like I will be unleashing the gas gun on you poor bastards.

Gas guns are fine....
Just remember the caliber and speed limit restrictions I sent you in the match information.
If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be running a gas gun as well. what are you running? </div></div>

DPMS Mark 12 in 308.

Hey, does anyone coming to the match have a really good spotting scope one of the RO's could use for one of the stages at the match?
If so, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

I will bring one.

Wade

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, does anyone coming to the match have a really good spotting scope one of the RO's could use for one of the stages at the match?
If so, shoot me a PM. Thanks!</div></div>

Thanks guys for offering the use of your spotters. We appreciate the help!

Those okie spotters dont work unless you turn them upside down.lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those okie spotters dont work unless you turn them upside down.lol </div></div>

Turns out those guys from Oklahoma can really shoot....
They finally figured out to turn their riflescopes around and start looking through the small end instead of the big end...:)

So just a questionto compeditors i would like to know how yall are hauling your gear?

Be it a belt rig, a pack, a vest, or a mix of them.

I am still trying to get my rig together and figure out exactly what gear to bring and would love to see some of you guys rigs.

As this match nears it seems like there is so much left to do before its time to leave lol

I've found a Apollo from Red Tac Gear with a few pouches for the mags, kestrel and a few other things to fit the bill very nicely. I use a Camel Back mule on top of that between stages to haul ammo, water and food.
Before that I ran a SoTech blocks belt, but it didn't fit my narrow self very well.
http://www.redtacgear.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=50

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those okie spotters dont work unless you turn them upside down.lol </div></div>

Turns out those guys from Oklahoma can really shoot....
They finally figured out to turn their riflescopes around and start looking through the small end instead of the big end...:)
</div></div>

We are a little slow, I guess. That's why we shoot long range.
Distance=Time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As this match nears it seems like there is so much left to do before its time to leave lol </div></div>

You should be in my shoes....:)

Hey everyone....
I spoke with Chuck Ross with Ross Precision Gunworks last night. Chuck is going to be bringing about $50,000 worth of night vision and thermal imagery equipment for a demonstration on Saturday night. If you can, you might want to plan to stick around for a while on Saturday night to check out some of the gear he's bringing.
He plans on letting us all do a little shooting with some of his NV equipment!

Sweet..I'm in on that! Thanks Chuck.

FYI
If you are signed up for the match and under the age of 18, please let me know, you won't be able to sign the match Waiver of Liability for yourself.

<span style="font-size: 20pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">DAM YOU LUCKS!!!</span></span> Wish I knew about this. It is the day before my birthday. Will have to talk to the wife and maybe see if I can take a little trip. Let me know if you need anymore RO's.