• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

French FRF2 Sniper rifle

Have any of the english-only folks figured out how to zero their J8s yet? I'm too afraid to just start haphazardly twisting things given its eye-watering price 😅

Reactions: ZG47A
Not that hard to understand French. You should be able to get by with a genuine pocket French to English dictionary unless ... this is just a pathetic excuse to avoid the missus' job list:D!

"pathetic"
Jeez, just asked a question. Also that boomer joke doesn't even make sense. I'd spend much longer dodging the "missus" if I manually translated the instruction manual vs asking you fine gents for tips.

"pathetic"
Jeez, just asked a question. Also that boomer joke doesn't even make sense. I'd spend much longer dodging the "missus" if I manually translated the instruction manual vs asking you fine gents for tips.
In a pinch, here’s a trick to speed a translation up or to copy stuff out of a books or picture (like an address).

Take a pic of it, and on an iPhone at least, you can then usually select the text in the pic and copy it. Paste it into a translator.

I think the other guy was just giving you some light-hearted crap. Maybe someone will chime in with some first-hand knowledge.

Have any of the english-only folks figured out how to zero their J8s yet? I'm too afraid to just start haphazardly twisting things given its eye-watering price 😅
Use Google translate app. Use the camera. It will translate and show on the page where the words are. Helps with diagrams. Have a cnc grinder at work and some of the manuals are in German.

Reactions: carbonbased
In a pinch, here’s a trick to speed a translation up or to copy stuff out of a books or picture (like an address).

Take a pic of it, and on an iPhone at least, you can then usually select the text in the pic and copy it. Paste it into a translator.

I think the other guy was just giving you some light-hearted crap. Maybe someone will chime in with some first-hand knowledge.
I wasn't trying to be nasty. Basic French instructions are pretty easy to translate, especially where you are familiar with the type of material that will be in the manual. Gauche is left, droit is right and most of the nouns should be pretty easy.
NB Some French academic type has reportedly published a paper claiming that English is just badly pronounced French! He is probably engaging in 'tit for tat' academic stirring, after dealing with another crop of first year students:D! Have a good week.

I wasn't trying to be nasty. Basic French instructions are pretty easy to translate, especially where you are familiar with the type of material that will be in the manual. Gauche is left, droit is right and most of the nouns should be pretty easy.
NB Some French academic type has reportedly published a paper claiming that English is just badly pronounced French! He is probably engaging in 'tit for tat' academic stirring, after dealing with another crop of first year students:D! Have a good week.
Don’t worry, I didn’t think you’re being nasty. I think @matchgrade762 just read your advice the wrong way.

Legion? Exercises, early 1990’s!

IMG_9930.jpeg

Sirhr

I was really not liking the scope mount with the picatinny adapter stacked on top of the STANAG base, and with some luck was able to find some surplus 30mm rings that mount directly to STANAG. I think they were originally L806 rings? Thanks @Ricardo28 for the advice!

Side note: it’s very easy for a scope’s parallax turret to block the mount’s locking arm, disabling the quick detach feature, so when choosing a scope you gotta have either enough scope height or a low-profile turret, or you may have to compromise proper eye relief to retain the quick-detach function.
View attachment 8210359View attachment 8210360
Wanted to provide an update/warning on these scope rings in case anyone here is looking, as they are currently on sale on Gunbroker. These are APX rings for the L806 scope. Since they came with plastic 30mm inserts, I thought they could be used with any modern scope as well. However they can't, as modern scope bodies will slip under recoil with these rings, no matter how tight you crank them down. The APX scopes have some lug on the body that interfaces with these rings to prevent this, but with my Nightforce the scope kept slipping back with each shot until the magnification adjustment ring was stuck against the mount. Just a word of caution to not try these as a replacement for proper STANAG rings.

Reactions: ZG47A
Well I got my replacement feet from France and they are beautiful! Thanks to Richard for putting me in touch with Laurent Eisele. Hopefully they are oriented correctly?

IMG_5675.jpeg