• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

French FRF2 Sniper rifle

My scope received

Attachments

• IMG_4684.jpeg
    IMG_4684.jpeg
    557.8 KB · Views: 55
Please find attached the ammunition used by the French Air Force in the FRF2 rifles.
the most stable ammunition used in the frf2 cannon is the 185 grain lapua has more than 600 meters of good results better than the 168 grain sierra
IMG_4703.jpeg
IMG_4702.jpeg
IMG_4701.jpeg
IMG_4700.jpeg
IMG_4699.jpeg
IMG_4697.jpeg
IMG_4696.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ZG47A
Has anyone else encountered an issue with the feed ramp of their rifle? I bought mine secondhand, started putting a few rounds through it and noticed that rounds feeding from the right side of the magazine sometimes get caught up, and it looks like over time have gouged out tracks in the bore and entrance to the chamber. Any recommendations on what to do? Seriously bummed out that this happened to such a rare rifle.
IMG_1355.jpg

have you received your scrome scope J8 f1 new ordered at Scrome ELYNXO ?

Last edited:
have you received your scrome scope J8 ordered
Yes, I received it about a week ago. A user manual wasn't included. Attempts to get one from Navy Arms was fruitless other than sales lady called me back to tell me that their "armorer" told her that I could download one at "scrome.com." This is not the case. A very thumbnail four-page fact sheet can be obtained but not the user manual.

I notice that the new ones supposedly cranked out in small batches (starting in '22, I read) by Scrome did/do include a user manual. (The Navy Arms package did NOT include one.) Me, not being Mr. Telescopic, needed the manual. E-mail to Scrome/Elynxo has not yielded a response. Posts to various YouTube sites also negative.

Any advice on this deceptively tricky goal (acquiring a user manual) would be appreciated.

The gouges are pretty deep (definitely can catch a fingernail) so I'm worried polishing them down will change the geometry too much. Another question is how this happens in the first place?
So, it looks like the Navy Arms' trusty "armorer" missed this item in his inspection or have you learned anything more about this concern?

there is Google translate, otherwise in the US you have free software for translating documents into PDF

Scrome gave the scope J8 to be shipped to the US and Australia, the company is in the process of preparing the export and import documents to the US and declaring and paying American customs taxes, the administrative time is a little long for you, it will happen

Reactions: Troglodyte6
Scrome gave the scope J8 to be shipped to the US and Australia, the company is in the process of preparing the export and import documents to the US and declaring and paying American customs taxes, the administrative time is a little long for you, it will happen
Thanks Richard!

Reactions: Ricardo28
U.S. Hide Members:
Good morning! Has anyone received their J8 scopes yet?
longebow

Reloading as close as possible to the Scrome j8 stadometer graduations with graduations, 100 meters, zeroing 200 meters, 300 meters, 400 meters….up to 800 meters
Most accurate warheads 167 Lapua, Hornady 168, Sierra 168 etc

For vithanouri N140 =44 grains speed 815 m/s corresponds to the graduation of J8 f1

this reloading are my own attempts and in no case to be reproduced without prior stairs, for which I am not responsible in the event of an accident

So, it looks like the Navy Arms' trusty "armorer" missed this item in his inspection or have you learned anything more about this concern?
Apparently a good number of the FRF2s he's seen have the same kind of damage (can you guys confirm/deny)? He says it's caused by loading the rifle with some of the rounds in the magazine too far forward. The magazine is decently oversized so there's definitely room to load the rounds into the mag without pushing them all the way to the rear. I tested this theory by loading a mag with all the rounds flush in the back and cycling the rifle -- no feeding hangups so I guess that was the culprit.

The armorer recommended taking a jeweler's file to level out the track marks but I don't think I want to do any amateur smithing on an $8k rifle. Knowing how to avoid inducing the issue is good enough for now.

Apparently a good number of the FRF2s he's seen have the same kind of damage (can you guys confirm/deny)? He says it's caused by loading the rifle with some of the rounds in the magazine too far forward. The magazine is decently oversized so there's definitely room to load the rounds into the mag without pushing them all the way to the rear. I tested this theory by loading a mag with all the rounds flush in the back and cycling the rifle -- no feeding hangups so I guess that was the culprit.

The armorer recommended taking a jeweler's file to level out the track marks but I don't think I want to do any amateur smithing on an $8k rifle. Knowing how to avoid inducing the issue is good enough for now.
Mine has similar damage. No problems feeding, though.

Attachments

• srtju.jpg
    srtju.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 13
Guess what's arriving via Federal Express, fellow Scrome customers.

Mine came in this morning (I live close to the warehouse).

Attachments

• scope.jpg
    scope.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 19
Did you shoot your frf2 with the Scrome J8 scope, what does that give in terms of precision?

Ricardo:
As our "French Connection" for all things FRF2, I was interested, for the good of the Hide community, what is the proper camouflage shirt or jacket, as worn by French Snipers.
longebow