• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

French FRF2 Sniper rifle

what’s the thread pitch on the FRF2? Has anyone tried suppressing one?

EDIT: got an answer from OWS. They’re 5/8x24 supposedly.

Last edited:
I wish it had subtitles, I think I'd have learned the French equivalent of "OK, Boomer" during the first part. Seems y'all have the same stereotypical shooters that we do here in the US. The safety violations in the background during that part are pretty funny.

Good shooting when they got to it, and it was neat to see them reach out so far. I'd have liked to see a comparison of the three types of scopes they had out there.

And one hopes the new shooter has learned not to wear tight jeans to the range...

comparison of the three glasses on the video, the apx 806-04 is good up to 600 meters, the Scrome J8 is good up to 800 meters and the Kharles with the cartridges manufactured the frf2 can shoot more 1000 meters

the piece of 5 francs he shot at 100 meter

French army cardridge for frf2
IMG_3015.jpeg

I was really not liking the scope mount with the picatinny adapter stacked on top of the STANAG base, and with some luck was able to find some surplus 30mm rings that mount directly to STANAG. I think they were originally L806 rings? Thanks @Ricardo28 for the advice!

Side note: it’s very easy for a scope’s parallax turret to block the mount’s locking arm, disabling the quick detach feature, so when choosing a scope you gotta have either enough scope height or a low-profile turret, or you may have to compromise proper eye relief to retain the quick-detach function.
IMG_0279.jpeg
IMG_0281.jpeg

Last edited:
It's the original insert Some Time have to sell at 80 €, CAN put a scope 30 mm diameter

@matchgrade172 great your apx editing, if I see original plastic ring on sale in France I will tell you it costs around 80 euros

IMG_4107.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: ZG47A
View attachment 7878764View attachment 7878758I am a new member on this forum, i am French, à have 1 frf1 and 1 frf2

The up picture it’s my FrF2 with the case bleue at from Groupement intervention de la Gendarmerie Nationale GIGN
The score is schmidt bender, 3x12-50 PM1 reticul Bryan
The FR-2 - of French air force with the ARMS21 ring stanag mount and thé Night Force scope
Do you happen to know which variant of the NF NXS did the French Air Force use with their FR F2? What magnification and reticle did they use?

I have the mat 1184 frf2 repair manual and the 1166 frf1 repair manual and other documents in PDF if you want them....

I have the mat 1184 frf2 repair manual and the 1166 frf1 repair manual and other documents in PDF if you want them....
That sounds good. I suggest that you post them in this thread and that you also start a new thread with the title:

French FRF1/FRF2 manuals and related documents.

I will, meanwhile, happily practise my French comprehension with the first document. My surname is French but the relevant ancestor was a probable Huguenot, denizated by James the Fifth and First; so … I am reliant upon my school learned French and a good dictionary😁. Cheers from NZ🇳🇿.

the people who ordered the Scrome J8 svv celle with the scope mount are ready they will be available to you very soon, last night I saw Mr. Preiss at the inauguration of his new installation

Yesterday at the exposition my Frf2 with the scope New scope J8

IMG_4478.jpeg
IMG_4466.jpeg
IMG_4468.jpeg

Last edited:
it's not my scope, it's one of the scope J8 that will go to the US, mine scope is not finished yet, orders for scopes with scope mount will be delivered first, in two to three weeks, orders in the USA , you will receive the scopes at home first

Is anybody else having trouble using Wise to pay for their ordered Schrome scopes? I contacted Mr. Etienne last Thursday but have gotten no response.
john

I exchanged email with Mr. Pr. on Thursday, it seems that Friday he is not there, this week in France is the children's vacation maybe he took a week

Last edited:
I'm looking for this part, can you help me find it? cheek riser was commonly seen on Colt AR-15 Delta HBAR and Colt AR-15 Sporter rilfes
Thank you
IMG_4494.jpeg

I exchanged email with Mr. Preiss on Thursday, it seems that Friday he is not there, this week in France is the children's vacation maybe he took a week
Thank you for the reply. I will try with Wise again tomorrow and, if unsuccessful, will call Wise.

I too had issues with Wise. I sent a screen shot on Friday to Mr. Preiss for assistance, but it was late in France...

Longebow,
I am sorry to hear you are having the same trouble but also relieved that it isn’t just me and my unfamiarity with the process. I will report back here if I am successful (or not) tomorrow.
john

I will try to contact Mr. Pr. tomorrow, to tell him that you are trying to contact him

Last edited:
Well, I tried to send money thru Wise again and got the same message and contacting Wise is a confusing process and not helpful so I am stuck. Also, I haven’t heard from Mr. Preiss. All in all a frustrating experience.

yes Mr. Pr. is aware that there is a problem with the transfer with Wise, no longer use Wise, see Mr. Pr. he will tell you how to do it

Last edited:
Reactions: Troglodyte6
Well, Mr. Preiss got back to me and gave new information about another company that was going to handle the money transfers. Long story short, it was a process but it worked.

Hello, I'm a new member who is seriously thinking of buying an F2 and a Scrome J8. When I read the NA/Western Scr site I see claims of good condition, carefully examined, bore has "wear" but not pitted. These rifles, I understand, date from '86-'87. I'm puzzled how they're in good condition, esp barrels, if that's true of all of them... unless they had extra that didn't get used much (doubt it).

When I called there I got a nice lady but I'm guessing not the best person to get into nutty gritty about who checked these and how they checked, esp rifling. I saw a YouTube vid of owner making five min pitch but he didn't really address my concerns.

I'm guessing you're pleased with your rifle. If your's was a NA purchase, would you mind giving me your insights in dealing with them in picking one out. I'm guessing such a purchase is an "as is" deal, so I'm trying to get a bit more info. My Email to NA not responded to (hate that).

Hello, I'm a new member who is seriously thinking of buying an F2 and a Scrome J8. When I read the NA/Western Scr site I see claims of good condition, carefully examined, bore has "wear" but not pitted. These rifles, I understand, date from '86-'87. I'm puzzled how they're in good condition, esp barrels, if that's true of all of them... unless they had extra that didn't get used much (doubt it).

When I called there I got a nice lady but I'm guessing not the best person to get into nutty gritty about who checked these and how they checked, esp rifling. I saw a YouTube vid of owner making five min pitch but he didn't really address my concerns.

I'm guessing you're pleased with your rifle. If your's was a NA purchase, would you mind giving me your insights in dealing with them in picking one out. I'm guessing such a purchase is an "as is" deal, so I'm trying to get a bit more info. My Email to NA not responded to (hate that).
Don't have one but considering that they shoot 7.62 NATO, which is essentially 308 Winchester, the barrels can last a very long time. 6-10k rounds I've heard from some with 308 barrels. There is also bore scopes that someone could look down the barrel. If they are stored well the barrels won't rust and pit.

Remembered seeing this from September 28th. Outsides can be rough with the insides fine.

I recommend that you contact EuroOptic. I got mine from there, and could not be happier with the condition of the rifle (and all matching accessories).

I corrected I did not see that the F2s on USoptic are all sold

be careful to avoid taking FRF2 whose number is greater than number 6200 to 6600, because this part of these weapons were burned, during the fire of the GIAT factory possible that they are reconditioned,
Do not take the weapons labeled VIGIFELIN either, these are weapons which are assigned to marine infantry regiments, these are weapons which were used in Africa and in Afghanistan, most of the cannons are very worn,

the frf2 barrel is a 3 twist conical barrel, conical the first 10 centimeters the diameter of the barrel core the entrance is wider after shrinking

of a frf2 barrel loses precision 10% at 10,000 shots cardrige

to use cartridges including Precions Lapua, Sierra Hornady bullets.... preferably 167 or 168 grain HPBT bullets or 155 grain bullets

the precision guaranteed by the manufactured GIAT is 6 cm in diameter at 200 meters with 10 cartridges
and at 600 meters with a diameter of 20 cm for 10 cartridges

Last edited:
Reactions: Troglodyte6
Does anyone on the forum live in Miami? I am in Miami at the moment and I would like to visit a gunsmith in Miami, do you have an address to recommend to me?

a service provider is responsible for sending the J8 scopes to the United States and Australia, the deadline is two to three weeks, the service provider has to fill out the customs export forms, for this it is a little longer, a little be patient it will happen