• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Friends company is looking to hire a restoration gunsmith...

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
So I got a note from a buddy today who has a company specializing in antique weaponry.

He is looking to hire a gunsmith to do restoration, primarily on antique weapons. He would like someone who is starting out in their career and there are two other Gunsmith’s there to help train and grow the right candidate.

I suggested he contact Trinidad State’s program and see if they have any candidates. But a degree in gunsmithing is not a requirement. Gunsmithing, machining, conservation, restoration, refinishing, etc. skills are!

The shop is located in The Northeast. He runs a serious shop. Also very veteran-friendly.

If anyone is serious or potentially interested, drop me a pm with some background, contact and relevant qualifications. (Traditional Resume and cover letter ok) and I will forward happily.

I am not part of the hiring process... but told my buddy I would put out a feeler on a very trustworthy shooting board without identifying the company and would be willing forward info to him directly. From there, I will have no idea who they will reach out to, if anyone. So if you send something, Inwill have no updates or endorsements. But if you might be a good fit, your info will end up on the desk of the owner himself.

And who knows, maybe someone here will be a good fit. The amount of talent on SH is mind-boggling!

Having been to the place many times, I can say that it is shooter nirvana. And if I were a gunsmith just starting out, I’d be there in an instant!

Cheers, Sirhr

Can you tell us where the job would be located?
It's in the Northeast, to say more than that would give away the company, probably.

PM me if interested. If they contact you, they will tell you who they are. I promised I would not put it on an open forum in a way that gets them buried with punters.... If someone is here and serious enough to get in touch, that's good enough for me to pass on the info!

Had a couple of folks PM me already and while I have no idea how that's gone, I have no doubt that there may be some folks here for whom this would be a great opportunity!

Cheers,

Sirhr