• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Friends don't let friends buy anything at Dick's - Time for a hard boycott & get out the word

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    Apparently Dick's sporting goods not only wants to enact their own "Assault weapons & High Capacity magazine" ban, but they apparently are also going to use money people spend at the store to try to lobby to take away your gun rights.

We need to work hard and dililgently to get as many people to boycott Dick's as possible & all their other sub brands.
    They need to go bankrupt as soon as possible.

So just remember any money that anybody you know or might know, that is spent at Dick's is going to be used to destroy your rights.

They also now have a store policy of NO gun or ammo sales to anyone under 21. Time to bury these fucktards.

Reactions: abizdafuzz
    I'm in. Need to make a list of these companies and get the word out, post at lgs, etc. Delta Airlines is another one. They can shove their skymiles up their commie liberal asses.

i-WHqWn5p-M.jpg

Great strategy, piss off the majority of your customer base in order to appeal to jobless idiots. If you don't like making your customers happy and selling the outdoors shit they want and supporting their rights, get out of the business altogether. Maybe they'll start selling hemp bracelets and rainbow water in order to replace their sporting goods customers.

I have not stepped foot in one of their stores since the last time they pulled this shit. I am not sure I have ever bought anything there previous (definitely no firearms/ammo) used to wander through the store while going to/from vehicle to shop. I do remember their prices sucked. I dont do Malls anymore (nor do most) and with online shopping. I can't think they will be around long. The only thing in the store that you can not buy and have dropped at your front door is a firearm.

Within 40 miles i have 3 sportsman warehouses, 2 Cabelas, and about 40 gunstores. That is if I feel like leaving home.

Great strategy, piss off the majority of your customer base in order to appeal to jobless idiots. If you don't like making your customers happy and selling the outdoors shit they want and supporting their rights, get out of the business altogether. Maybe they'll start selling hemp bracelets and rainbow water in order to replace their sporting goods customers.
    I am pretty sure that this decision was preceded by an analysis how hysterical soccer moms and fashion brand concious millenials will replace the lost gun and hunting sales.
    They are following the same trail that North Face blazed. From meeting practical needs of few to serving the more lucrative vanity desires of many.

Reactions: EGwhisper
    I am pretty sure that this decision was preceded by an analysis how hysterical soccer moms and fashion brand concious millenials will replace the lost gun and hunting sales.
    They are following the same trail that North Face blazed. From meeting practical needs of few to serving the more lucrative vanity desires of many.

I would think they will soon not sell any guns or hunting equipment, and replace those shelves with pink soccer balls and sports bras, for their sons who will grow up not knowing the outdoors.

Reactions: spartan67
    have you been in a Dicks recently?

their customer base isnt gun owners......they are a clothing store, that sells some sporting equipment.........their customer base is fat chicks who do yoga twice a month and feel the need to strut around 24/7 in athletic attire.

I would think they will soon not sell any guns or hunting equipment, and replace those shelves with pink soccer balls and sports bras, for their sons who will grow up not knowing the outdoors.

We have had 2 places try that around here in the last 15 years. Neither one is in existence today.

They will get sued. If my daughter wasnt 21, I’d drive to Dick’s. St Judes hospital could use a hefty donation. Discriminating adults who meet gov guidelines is no different than denying legal gun sales to Blacks, Moslems, Jews or Christians. I have not been in Dick’s since their last political statement and will never set foot in their stores. krw

Reactions: EGwhisper
    I have never found anything worth purchasing at Dick's. Kinda of dollar store version of Academy IMO. As a matter of fact they are in the process of building a Dicks here. I am not sure why, we had a Sport's Authority here and it went under. It was actually pretty painful to watch it go down kicking and screaming. We have Academy's on every corner here and lots of mom and pops stores that I frequent. So in summary i am all for boycott on Dick.

have you been in a Dicks recently?

their customer base isnt gun owners......they are a clothing store, that sells some sporting equipment.........their customer base is fat chicks who do yoga twice a month and feel the need to strut around 24/7 in athletic attire.
    Hahahaha!

Reactions: Badfinger
    Fuck'm and rot in hell. They're going the hell under anyhow. DICK's, lol. I've honestly never been to one. I do applaud them though for jumping on the "Hey, look at me I'm all fucked up" bandwagon. They might as well just pull the plug. I mean really, who the hell goes there? Seriously. Other than a Soccer Mom or two to get a "I need a replacement Soccer Ball NOW" moment, I don't know of anyone utilizing their floor space.

Like any self respecting pro-gun person, I wouldn't be caught dead in that shithole of a store. When I lived back East I went into a couple of their stores a few times. They had a mediocre selection of anything that would interest me and at full retail price.

It's time we teach these would-be social justice warrior companies a lesson. Let's see who has more economic clout: gun owners who spend BILLIONS a year on travel and gear, or snowflakes living in their parent's basement with barely two nickles to their name.

Reactions: demolitionman
    Yeah but we aren't only (or primarily) talking Dicks here, since apparently they pulled black rifle sales after Sandy Hook in 2012. This applies to a subsidiary, Field and Stream as well, which is most assuredly a different customer base. Used to live about a mile from one, and they had walls worth of AR's (some high end), Rugers (including the Precision Rifle, which I wonder if they will pull), archery pro shops, ammo, etc etc.

So this seems to be a case of a parent company making a bullshit decision that will kill the subsidiary, which actually had good gun related stuff at great prices some times... but in which I won't shop again.

It was all over the news here in Europe tonight. 'One of America's biggest gun store chains to stop selling ARs......more liberal claptrap......etc'. They even had an interview with him.

They're pushing their agenda big time.

Makes me wonder what Field and Stream is going to put on the wall now. I might have to stop by this weekend just to see the blank space. How many of the same shotgun do you really want up there?

I bought some ammo a few months ago. Suspect it was marked wrong, half the price of anyone else. I'm done now though.

Well, since we’re talking about Dicks! I’ll miss them a lot, several years ago my son-in-law had a coupon for trap shells and took me there to but me a case or flat of shotgun shells for my birthday. A flat is 10 boxes of 25 shells or 250 total. We each carried a case (250) shells to the checkout and give the guy at the register the coupon. He proceeds to ring up $2.49 for each case. I laughed and said you rang this case up as a “box” what a great deal!!! But it’s $2.49 a box so a case should be $24.90.

Incredibly the clerk gets all pissy argues it’s $2.49! After trying to convince him of the correct price to no avail I said let’s get the manager. This little punk says look do want them or not you’re holding up the line! I look around and the guy behind me is dying and said this is funnier than “Who’s on first” for God’s sake take them. My son-in-law was ready to climb over the counter so I suggested he go cool off.

I pay the guy $2.49 plus tax for each of the two cases and can’t locate my son-in-law anywhere. I figured he let the store because he was really pissed off so I head out into the parking lot to his truck but he’s not there either?? After a short wait I hear him coming pushing a cart with about 6 cases of shells. Jokingly I said why you didn’t just buy them all. He said I did it was all the trap loads they had! Yeah, I’m going to miss them……:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wow talk about cutting off your nose to spit your face.......while agreee most of the gun related shit at Dicks is mediocre at best Field & Stream actually has some decent stuff. I have seen a SCAR, and a Sako TRG at our local Field & Stream. The only firearm I ever purchased there was a cheap Remington 700 just for the donor action, but they do have Hornaday 6.5 Creedmoor match ammo there that I buy a good bit. Oh well fuck them I have two Palmetto State Armorys within 20 minutes of me.

Dick's is a POS sporting goods store and most of the stuff in there is low end crap. Received a gift certificate a couple of years ago for Xmas. Went the the store looking for something to spend it on and walked out empty handed. Gift certificate has been sitting in a drawer since then.

I've bought sports gear there for the kids in the past and I will never step foot in a Dick's again. And if anyone asks their merch is overpriced crap and they secretly burn puppies in the back!

index.php

I have not stepped foot in one of their stores since the last time they pulled this shit. I am not sure I have ever bought anything there previous (definitely no firearms/ammo) used to wander through the store while going to/from vehicle to shop. I do remember their prices sucked. I dont do Malls anymore (nor do most) and with online shopping. I can't think they will be around long. The only thing in the store that you can not buy and have dropped at your front door is a firearm.

Within 40 miles i have 3 sportsman warehouses, 2 Cabelas, and about 40 gunstores. That is if I feel like leaving home.

If I had that much choice there'd be precious little left at the end of the month to pay for the roof.

Reactions: oneshot86
    I really hope Dicks is the next Gander Mountain.

What really bothers me though is how many gun owners will most likely continue to shop at Dicks. I've encountered many people on various gun forums that feel the same way I do and plan to boycott them. However, outside of the hard core gun guys, no one seems to care. I told some of my shooting buddies about this who shop at our local Field and Stream frequently and the common response I've gotten has been, "well, that sucks. I'm going to go by there and see if they have anything on clearance." It's frustrating to me how many guys own guns, shoot guns on a regular basis, but don't care if they are giving their money to anti gun organizations or not, nor do they want to put any effort into fighting for our rights. It's part of why we're in the situation that we are now.

I'm still wondering how they can arbitrarily raise the age to 21. IIRC, having an FFL requires you to sell to anyone who meets the requirements...

Reactions: abizdafuzz
    I've been trying to serve the kool-aid since they pulled their shit after Sandy Hook. I think I got banned from another site when I posted this info because one jackass decided I didn't have a right to express my opinion. As long as other shooters want to be ignorant they'll continue to buy their 700 SPS and 10FCP because it's a bargain.

Well I've boycotted them since they quit selling ARs 6 years ago.

them some assholes. they dont support outdoorsman - hypocrites. Never buy anything from them assholes. Their service already sucks ....