• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Front stuffers and pumpkin slinger picture thread…

Found a lefthanded rifle assembled by John Bergmann. Been putting it to good use with .570 roundballs and a 100 grains of Swiss ffg.

Attachments

• IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2177.JPG
    IMG_2177.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2203 (1).jpg
    IMG_2203 (1).jpg
    782.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4979.JPG
    IMG_4979.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7341.JPG
    IMG_7341.JPG
    820 KB · Views: 30
It’s Rendezvous (Mountain Man/trapper) season. The family is at one of our favorites for fun and fellowship. This trail walk is a bit of a challenge. Patched Round Ball only, percussion or flint ignition, iron sights and all shot off hand. Targets go from 15 to 200+ yards and vary from 4”x4” to not sure the 16” ring with the 8” hole at 40 yards was a PITA! All one shot per target my best miss was the 200 yard thunderbird/eagle (6’x1-1/2’). I was within a couple of inches of the head (by dirt splash) using a TC Hawken 50 flintlock being pushed by 55g FFFg

Here is the Mrs using her TC Hawken on the same target, it’s across the valley in the trees with variable winds gusting to 15.
IMG_5535.jpeg

I apologize for the grammar and punctuation, on the phone with one bar of service 🤣. Even better would be having to post when I got home.

The highlight was coaching a new shooter through the trail. It’s hard to teach the fundamentals in this setting. He did very well for a novice junior.

It’s Rendezvous (Mountain Man/trapper) season. The family is at one of our favorites for fun and fellowship. This trail walk is a bit of a challenge. Patched Round Ball only, percussion or flint ignition, iron sights and all shot off hand. Targets go from 15 to 200+ yards and vary from 4”x4” to not sure the 16” ring with the 8” hole at 40 yards was a PITA! All one shot per target my best miss was the 200 yard thunderbird/eagle (6’x1-1/2’). I was within a couple of inches of the head (by dirt splash) using a TC Hawken 50 flintlock being pushed by 55g FFFg

Here is the Mrs using her TC Hawken on the same target, it’s across the valley in the trees with variable winds gusting to 15.
View attachment 8425943
You did not mention how the Mrs did on the Thunderbird target. Should we presume that she hit dead centre😁?

You did not mention how the Mrs did on the Thunderbird target. Should we presume that she hit dead centre😁?
Nope, both of us missed. On the other hand, she was the First Place Women’s Pistol Shooter for the second year at this Rendezvous. 😁😁

The Booshway (sp?) even mentioned that she out shoots him!😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣

Last edited: