• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Frustrated looking for stock

owtlaw

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
I am contemplating the purchase of a Savage model 11 in .308 that has the bolt release on the side and factory drop out mag. It does not have the accutrigger or accustock. I really want to put a different stock on it if i decide to buy it. I am having trouble finding a stock to fit that particular rifle. Any suggestions? I don't have a lot to spend so the cheaper the better.

I looked at B&C. I could not find one that would fit a Savage with the drop out mag like this one has.

would I be looking at center feed or stagger feed?

With the Savage Model 11, it depends on how old it is as to whether or not you will find a replacement easily. Yes, you have a drop out magazine, but the Model 11 has gone through some changes as of late. If it happens to be a full out Model 11, you will have the magazine release installed into the bottom metal. If you have one of the newer versions of the Trophy Hunter (more than likely), you will have a magazine that is the same as the Axis.

So to give you a better answer to your question, we will need to know more specific details. Pictures always help!!

DK

I will try to get some pics. It is a brand new model.

I absolutely love Savage rifles!! You made a good choice in rifles. Get us the information, and we can help you along.

DK

Newer model, you are definately looking at center feed. The only question at this point, is the release of the magazine. I have a feeling that it is a newer Trophy Hunter, with the release on the magazine floorplate. Either way, there are stocks to be had to get you out of the tupperware thingy they ship with.

DK

I haven't bought it yet. I have one on hold at Cabelas for 369.00. I am also looking at a 116 in 30-06. That one looks to be a real pain to find a stock for.

Owtlaw, Identifying the rifle type is fairly simple. If it is a factory drop-out magazine just look for the magazine release. If the mag release is a little round button on the right side of the rifle about in the middle of the side-wall along the magazine then it is one of the older staggered feed models, and the guard screw spacing will be about 4.25". If the magazine release button is on the floorplate right at the front of the DBM mag box then this is one of the newer center feed rifles and the guard screw spacing will be about 4.40". McMillans inlets some stocks for all these models.

Center feed it is. i think I may just go ahead and get it. I may also get the 116 in 30-06 as well. I can pick it up for 285.00 brand new.