• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms FS: Springfield Armory - Gerald "Hook" Boutin NM M1A

Froggy1129

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2005
Athens, GA
For Sale: Springfield Armory National Match M1A by Gerald "Hook" Boutin

This rifle started life as a standard Springfield M1A purchased in 1992. I carried it to Hook personally in 1996 to have him do his magic. He gave the rifle the full NM treatment: Krieger heavy barrel, NM gas system, NM trigger, NM op rod guide, NM sights and bedding into an oversized NM Fajen stock (laminated birch). Needless to say, it is a very nice, accurate rifle. It has spent most of its time in the safe since then. Round count is around 300. The rifle is in excellent condition. Asking $1800.00 shipped to your FFL. Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

IMG_0477.jpeg

IMG_0478.jpeg

IMG_0479.jpeg

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg

Last edited:
there was only 1 hook... got to spend some time with him as he only lived 45 min from me. I have 3 of his rifles and I wouldn’t take any amount for either of them.
That’s a fine rifle and somebody is going to be very very lucky to own a rifle he had his hands on. If I were in a situation to buy I would love to have it for that price....
Good luck with sell!

Do you know if he installed rear and/or front lug(s) on the action?