• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fudd RO of all Fudd’s??

This thread really makes me glad I can shoot out to 1100 with nobody telling me how to do shit!
Where are you located in the UP? Must be nice to just step out on your property and be on your own range.. that’s the dream right there.

Reactions: DocRDS
1616980014919.jpeg

range attire

Had a guy two benches down from me laser boresighting. Well last time with the boresighter in barrel proceeds to have his kid shoot. Well metal fragments went everywhere. Kid took some to the face. Pretty superficial but bled a lot. I rendered aid till medics got there.

Poor kid, was his first time shooting. Luckily it was only a 22lr

Doc

• Wow
Reactions: Maxwell and ACW39
Although it costs, our range is really nice with pistol, 100, 200, and goes to 600 yds and we are all ROs - that is watch others and guests. Really nice not to have an RO. So I’m shooting and an old (ok I’m old and they were older!) couple are setting up to shoot pistols on a 200 yd section that clearly says rifles only and no target stand at less than 100. So they set up at 25 yards on a wet field for a club whose last range was shut down due to rounds ricocheting over the berm!! I nicely stop them, point out they are being recorded, and point out the sign. “But the pistol range is too wet”...sorry. They left. I hate RO but come on!
Ricochets are BIG problem. The US is such a litigious society these days, that any injury or fatality has the likely
effect of closing down the range and hampering approvals for new ones in that area. Im lucky that my local range
has an excellent RO, who can actually shoot well and give good advice. Unfortunately the "gods caliber' 270 Win
patrons outnumber goodguys about 10 to 1.....

Had a guy two benches down from me laser boresighting. Well last time with the boresighter in barrel proceeds to have his kid shoot. Well metal fragments went everywhere. Kid took some to the face. Pretty superficial but bled a lot. I rendered aid till medics got there.

Poor kid, was his first time shooting. Luckily it was only a 22lr

Doc
Oh man, that’s horrible, that had to be pretty damn painful. Poor kid.

I have to say I actually enjoy shooting at JTAC, even if it is a public range.
The shooters are all tested by the staff before accepting them as members.
We RO ourselves and just don't have any crazy issues.
Manatee scared the shit outta me and I'm glad I don't have to drive down there and use it. And also, not have to deal with their ROs.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I have to say I actually enjoy shooting at JTAC, even if it is a public range.
The shooters are all tested by the staff before accepting them as members.
We RO ourselves and just don't have any crazy issues.
Manatee scared the shit outta me and I'm glad I don't have to drive down there and use it. And also, not have to deal with their ROs.

How’d it scare you?

How’d it scare you?

I'd need to make a list. But it always started with the mag dumpers and people trying to teach others how to shoot.

The worst:
The chick that shot her boyfriend because she got hot brass between her tits was the worst though. It happened a few minutes after we left.

A guy picking up a loaded pistol to describe something and swept everyone down line with his finger on the trigger.

Plenty of other things but I'm not gonna write all of it out before having coffee.

Suffice to say, it's the same shit that happens at ranges all over the world

Anywho, had my own idiot RO today--Wife wanted to shoot her PPS, so cool, I get to spend some time with her and her tight pants. New RO decides that he has to handle EVERY DAMN GUN during the cease fire. Literally walked down the line, picked up everyone's gun, flipped it over (even if it was already locked and open as per cease fire rules). Even pulls out his carry item to compare something in his mag. Not much I could do about it, but man it pissed me off. I just had my walther, nothing special, but DONT TOUCH MY DAMN GUN. Ugh. Gettin old and tolerance for stupid ROs is low--even if it is 5 mins from house. The older guys who know me, just put me on a lane to myself and wave me through...

I would have reminded him that there’s no handling of firearms on a cold range, that nobody is above the rules, and not to touch my fucking gun.

I'd need to make a list. But it always started with the mag dumpers and people trying to teach others how to shoot.

The worst:
The chick that shot her boyfriend because she got hot brass between her tits was the worst though. It happened a few minutes after we left.

A guy picking up a loaded pistol to describe something and swept everyone down line with his finger on the trigger.

Plenty of other things but I'm not gonna write all of it out before having coffee.

I called those fucktards last January because I was going to go out and get some dope before a match.

I asked if they have steel or if I need to bring my own. The guy (sounded like a giant ass mouth breathing derptard) said “we don’t allow steel anymore because of ricochets”... I said LOL, what? The bullet disintegrates when it hits AR500 plates. He said they don’t allow steel but have a golf cart and I could set up paper targets anywhere on the range I wanted. I asked even if there’s no berm? He said wherever you want. I LOL’d again and explained what a stray bullet on flat ass ground does and that was likely the culprit of the stray round that caused their issue. I don’t think it even registered.

Yeah, they’re fucking retarded down there apparently. They must think the ricochet just bee bops down the range skipping like a pebble on water until the far berm catches it 😂

I called those fucktards last January because I was going to go out and get some dope before a match.

I asked if they have steel or if I need to bring my own. The guy (sounded like a giant ass mouth breathing derptard) said “we don’t allow steel anymore because of ricochets”... I said LOL, what? The bullet disintegrates when it hits AR500 plates. He said they don’t allow steel but have a golf cart and I could set up paper targets anywhere on the range I wanted. I asked even if there’s no berm? He said wherever you want. I LOL’d again and explained what a stray bullet on flat ass ground does and that was likely the culprit of the stray round that caused their issue. I don’t think it even registered.

Yeah, they’re fucking retarded down there apparently. They must think the ricochet just bee bops down the range skipping like a pebble on water until the far berm catches it 😂

That was probably that tall, skinny Mike guy. Let's just say, he's interesting.

Ooooof. Just got back from a public range here in MI. I rarely attend this range since it only has 25/50/100 benches, but since I had a little time today and this place is so close and free, I figured I’d go shoot some groups.

the RO there had something to prove and was bored. Hovered around me asking me why I’m shooting expensive ammo and have expensive setups, tried telling me his $300 dollar rifle and wolf ammo shoots just as well and that it doesn’t matter to make a difference and is a waste of money.... I told him hell, with that logic, then there’s no difference between a pinto and Ferrari either right, just a waste of money?.... he didn’t like that.

some new shooters came and he had new victims... they were having trouble getting on target at 100yds & asked me some advice..

Mr RO Fudd came over and started saying they want his advice (so I went back to shooting)... over heard him saying he’s been shooting for 50yrs and a retired trooper, he knows what he’s talking about. He instructed them and took them over to the 25yds range to borescope. He told them: “we want to sight in 4-5in high at 25yds so that the bullet drops right in at 100yds” when they moved over next to me at 100yds they all couldn’t figure why they couldn’t see impacts on paper at 100yds.. he said the shooter must’ve been flinching and he then tried (shooting their gun and ammo) After he couldn’t get on paper, he said your rings and base are probably loose, something’s not lining up...

I kept plugging away shooting bug holes with my “over priced not needed expensive hand loads and setup”
I have a prepared response to overbearing assholes that feel the need to accost me for any reason. "I'm sorry, did I say or do something to give you the impression that I give a shit about your opinion".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a know-it-all, and anyone offering constructive advice is well recieved, and I'm thankful for it, but you can recognize people that think more of themselves than others do. Let most of these types talk for a few minutes and it's usually easy to tell that they're full of shit.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
The OP here should get credit for coining a new term. The Fuddro!

Can be used as an address: "Hey Fuddro."

As an adjective: "That guy is a real Fuddro."

Noun: "Check out the Fuddro with is Cor-lokt and Model 94 getting all snipery."

Pejorative: "Dumb as a Fuddro."

And probably as a Tread title "Post your Fuddro stories here."

Well done and seen here first on Snipers Hide.

Now, who is going to go and add Fuddro to the Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia and post the full etymology there first!

It will be your chance to go down in history!

Fuddro.... I'm going to chuckle about that all day! Well done!

Sirhr

Now, who is going to go and add Fuddro to the Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia and post the full etymology there first!

Sirhr
Lol urban dictionary should be made for sure. Damn Fuddro’s

I'm so glad our range is private with no actual staff.

We have volunteer RO's for events, but they're not stupid.

Now, our cowboy action shooters (there are 5 in a club with 4-500 members), those guys throw a shit fit over nothing. We were having a 3 gun shoot on "their" range. They showed up, threw a fit, and since 4 out of 6 board members and the board president were there they simply decided to have an impromptu meeting. The cowboy guys were told to play nice or their range would be remodeled to serve a bigger crowd.

The worst:

Well that would eliminate me from your range, not sure I mag dump, but I will do rapid fire on occasion, not a fan of the 1 round every 5 seconds type stuff.

I also teach others to shoot, not often, but sometimes, hard to say you support the 2A and the logic behind it, or even the sport of shooting if you’re not occasionally bringing a newbie into the fold.

Only thing that sounds bad was the dude getting shot, but that’s not from mag dumping or teaching, or even her low her top was, it’s a not training with someone right problem.

A month or so ago I scared a fudd just by shooting with the gun/bag resting on a folding chair while practicing a NRL22 COF, I got a laugh out of it, but that dude probably shoots 95% seated at a fixed shooting bench.

As long as you don’t point a gun at me, shoot my target, car, dag, etc, I’m DILLIGAF

Where in the hell did I say I don't like or encourage mag dumping?
There's a certain element that comes out to mag dump that generally couldn't hit a barn from inside.
That's who I'm referring to.

Nor did I say that I support that one round at a time bullshit.

I was asked to be specific about the stupid shit that goes on.
Sweeping a line of shooters with a loaded (or even unloaded) pistol is a teachable moment.
Some people are impossible to teach. He was one of them.

The dude that got shot was there to show off to his girl and to try and show her off. Trust me, she wasn't worth a second look.
The fact that he let her dress like that shooting a SA pistol was asking for trouble.
Anyone who has spent more than a magazine or two behind a brass chucker has been hit by wayward brass.
That dumb bitch panicked, swung around and squeezed one off, shooting her dumb ass BF in the process.

People need to learn to safely handle firearms, just like people need to properly learn to drive a vehicle or operate watercraft.

Some people are ignorant but teachable.
Some people like to remain ignorant.
Some people are fucking stupid and dangerous.

Reactions: RTV
Just before Deer season a couple years ago I put a new barrel on a rifle and was working up a load for it. I always shoot with a suppressor. There was a few other people there and a couple of them were asking a questions about the suppressor. I answered their questions.
An older gentleman there then proceeded to tell them he was a firearms instructor for the Las Vegas police department and how it wasn't a good idea to own a suppressor because the Feds could enter your home any time they wanted unannounced.
He proceeded to tell them how that happened to a couple of his buddies in Vegas.
I listened for a couple minutes while thinking his buddies must have been crooked as fuck for that to happen.

Just before Deer season a couple years ago I put a new barrel on a rifle and was working up a load for it. I always shoot with a suppressor. There was a few other people there and a couple of them were asking a questions about the suppressor. I answered their questions.
An older gentleman there then proceeded to tell them he was a firearms instructor for the Las Vegas police department and how it wasn't a good idea to own a suppressor because the Feds could enter your home any time they wanted unannounced.
He proceeded to tell them how that happened to a couple of his buddies in Vegas.
I listened for a couple minutes while thinking his buddies must have been crooked as fuck for that to happen.

Well he does make a half baked point

Historically registration leads to confiscation, which can lead down other nasty paths.

Sirhr
Umm it's available and waiting.

Well he does make a half baked point

Historically registration leads to confiscation, which can lead down other nasty paths.
Yes you are correct.
But many don't realize that as soon as you buy a hunting license and or deer tag you become known as a gun owner.
We won't talk about the path that using your credit card leads you down when doing firearms purchases.

It all leads to one outcome eventually.

Yes you are correct.
But many don't realize that as soon as you buy a hunting license and or deer tag you become known as a gun owner.
We won't talk about the path that using your credit card leads you down when doing firearms purchases.

The benefits of having multiple addresses over the years and knowing what a honeypot is

Yes you are correct.

I guess we'll have to fight instead of hiding.

Where are you located in the UP? Must be nice to just step out on your property and be on your own range.. that’s the dream right there.
I do this in Ohio. Had a nice home in a country club, moved onto 7 acres just to shoot bowling pins and plates. range only about 130y, but plenty for me.

I was gonna guess Island Lake or Bald Mountain

Their rules are retarded
Yes they are, all DNR run. Didn’t know you were from the MI area.
I do this in Ohio. Had a nice home in a country club, moved onto 7 acres just to shoot bowling pins and plates. range only about 130y, but plenty for me.
That’s awesome, have your own set up and do what ya want!

Yes they are, all DNR run. Didn’t know you were from the MI area.

Ohio, but a few years ago I was heavily into sporting clays tournaments around the area and shot many times at both of Pat Lieske's ranges.

In all reality, Lieske's people run Island Lake and Bald Mountain but as the places are on land leased from DNR, I'm sure they crawl up his ass with bullshit rules. The Lieskes are cool people.

My kid's going to Michigan in the fall, and to me the Lake Michigan shore is one of the most beautiful places in the country, so there's that.

I would have reminded him that there’s no handling of firearms on a cold range, that nobody is above the rules, and not to touch my fucking gun.
Yeah I need to stand up for myself better. I put up with a lot of crap for convenience, and it needs to stop.

There is a much better public range farther out where the ROs are actually good dudes, I need to support them more.

When your "public range" requires a RO that's the problem. No "public ROs" at the public range I visit. I shoot, I group, I enjoy.....

Ohio, but a few years ago I was heavily into sporting clays tournaments around the area and shot many times at both of Pat Lieske's ranges.

In all reality, Lieske's people run Island Lake and Bald Mountain but as the places are on land leased from DNR, I'm sure they crawl up his ass with bullshit rules. The Lieskes are cool people.

My kid's going to Michigan in the fall, and to me the Lake Michigan shore is one of the most beautiful places in the country, so there's that.
Man an Ohio native with a wolverine student! That’s what I’m talking about. Yeah it’s gorgeous over there, the traverse city/charlevoix nw area is summer paradise.

Reactions: 308pirate
Man an Ohio native with a wolverine student! That’s what I’m talking about. Yeah it’s gorgeous over there, the traverse city/charlevoix nw area is summer paradise.
More of a transplant. I was born and raised where the Atlantic meets the Caribbean.

Used to shoot at a public range run by a local sheriff’s department. That particular sheriffs department was not the most outstanding unit to ever put on badges. (Unlike our department in Jackson Parish which I can’t say enough good about. Fine Sheriff hiring fine deputies.)

Anyway, the RO sat in his office and delegated running the range to a trusty. This particular trusty, A Convicted Criminal mind you, was as rude as anyone I have ever seen. Treated the public like shit. Must have been a biden / harris democrat. A Criminal! And the people he was ordering around and hollering at were really doing nothing wrong, nothing unsafe.

Used to shoot at a public range run by a local sheriff’s department. That particular sheriffs department was not the most outstanding unit to ever put on badges. (Unlike our department in Jackson Parish which I can’t say enough good about. Fine Sheriff hiring fine deputies.)

Anyway, the RO sat in his office and delegated running the range to a trusty. This particular trusty, A Convicted Criminal mind you, was as rude as anyone I have ever seen. Treated the public like shit. Must have been a biden / harris democrat. A Criminal! And the people he was ordering around and hollering at were really doing nothing wrong, nothing unsafe.

The words "fuck" and "you" are free

Some of you guys are way nicer than I am 😆
I can't lie, I've yelled at a few "RSO's". Apparently it's unsafe to pick up my own brass, but he can sweep my brass from between my feet while I'm shooting....

He fucked off for the remainder of my visit and I took all of my brass home.

This bullshit about not being able to pick your own brass up is new to me. They didn't have signs or anything.

Even if I didn't reload I've already paid you, you already recycle the projectiles, I'm not giving you clean brass to scrap also.

Reactions: DocRDS
I can't lie, I've yelled at a few "RSO's". Apparently it's unsafe to pick up my own brass, but he can sweep my brass from between my feet while I'm shooting....

He fucked off for the remainder of my visit and I took all of my brass home.

This bullshit about not being able to pick your own brass up is new to me. They didn't have signs or anything.

Even if I didn't reload I've already paid you, you already recycle the projectiles, I'm not giving you clean brass to scrap also.
Yeah F that! No one takes my brass but me. Damn brass goblins