• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FUN SHOOT AT RAYS IN VA

Re: FUN SHOOT AT RAYS IN VA

50 cal match ammo should be in before the 19th. Terry and I are coming. She is going to have the camera... So Ray, behave.

Clark, I will speak with you about sleeping in your garage...

dintey moore cans of stew/ : Any man that can shoulder a 50 BMG standing should have no problem hitting a little can at 2000 yards. I'm not that man . I will be there with one more person. I don't have enough adjustment for more than 2200 yards so I'm lost at 3200 yards.

It sounds like I need to keep my equipment to a minimum so I don't over load the vehicle taking us to the firing line ?

Is that correct ?

Will the ranges be marked or will I need to bring a range finder ? The Wild weighs a ton.

Thanks,Keith

3 of us will be there from the Bluefield and Princetion area of Vriginia West virginia . I tried to pm Creep in 2 but I keep doing something wrong,

Thanks,Keith

Hey keith , the more toys the merrier , im sure we can get it to the top man

Capt. Huskey
A word of caution to anyone sleeping NEAR Clark. Ray has instilled many bad habits.Expectations will be few but regrets many!

CAPT, I'll do my best.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jhuskey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">50 cal match ammo should be in before the 19th. Terry and I are coming. She is going to have the camera... So Ray, behave.

Clark, I will speak with you about sleeping in your garage... </div></div>

IT IS, WHAT IT IS!<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Capt. Huskey
A word of caution to anyone sleeping NEAR Clark. Ray has instilled many bad habits.Expectations will be few but regrets many! </div></div>

you can if you like.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will I need to bring my range finder ?

Thanks,Keith </div></div>

Keith the only thing available is what shooters bring. It is a farm with no set ranged distances. Sometimes some really good lasers show up. others, its Leica and swaro.

Anybody got a spare set of Barrett adjustable X-rings, pn 66850 A-Kit.

My 50 is going to run out around 1800. I will be calling Barrett on Monday, because there is no way I can get my machine guy to cut the base in time like I did on the 338. Shit....

The 338(s) will run out of gas at 1800 by all figures, they will make that OK.

Whats the ASL where we will be? Please?

Clark, calling tomorrow...

Leica I have one of them and a Wild. it kind of looks like a LAW rocket . It is good for 12000 meters. Its not like I can hit at 12000 meters,

Thanks,Keith

Rain or shine.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the shoot go on if the rain does not stop ?

Thanks,Keith </div></div>

i posted a pic in the photo section of the give away rifle steve did a great job (for free) he still charges for hand jobs

show up at rays buy a ticket shoot100- 1000yd shoot 1760yd shoot 2444yd have a hell of a good time eat good food win a gun

I am so ready! I went and confirmed my 100 yd zero and shot a few rounds at 1000 yesterday. Reloaded and on go now. Now I am ready to make some noise.
Guther

Things are looking good been working on things every moment possible ive personally hauled about 40 tons of gravel. Road should be in good shape.
We've created more parking. should be in good shape. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's gettin close Boy's....

Got all your ammo loaded and ready?????

Weather forecast looks good.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/USVA0305?dayNum=5&

Ray, can you give us a ground zero report? </div></div>

I can't wait, but snow, snow, go away, so that we can go shoot at Ray's Saturday.

Are there any participants near Roanoke that are thinking about heading down to Ray's?

I am going to bring a rifle rack that I borrowed from Roanoke Rifle Club ( so y'all don't have to leave your toys laying around on the spool or on the ground) and probably a shooting bench for y'all to shoot off of.

shooting bench are for pu$$ys and fat guys i call first dibbs

So I guess you're a PU$$Y cuz you aint too fat.

I'm not fat, just big boned.

It wont be any different than shooting off the big wooden spools.

I'm gunna jack it up to the standing position.

When ya gunna let me come down to your place? You cancelled on me last time.
It was a big let down. I was really looking forward to the visit and some Japanese Steak house vittles.

Around 10 am.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Col Kurtz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What time are we starting up on Sat.? </div></div>

Clark,

I left you a VM, and yes I would love to come.

Guys,

Let me know if I need to bring anything. I am not going to shoot, I do not have any rounds loaded up.

but a chance to see some old friends and to help when I can is worth the drive.

Thanks..

John

John,

Hope you can make it and hang out with us awhile. Bring your rifle even if you don't have any ammo. I may have some I will let you shoot some of mine. I will have several rifles with me that you can shoot.

I got the new 338 Lapua bbl for the DTA SRS and the 308 that come with it. I hope to let some people try the DTA out at the shoot to see how they like it.

I will also have the 338 XTREME with me if you want to fire it a couple times.

See ya there this weekend.

Clark K

Clark,

Thanks, I got off at a good time today, so off to the loading room I go.

I just sent you a PM.

Thanks

John

Hey everyone, the preacher man said it was ok to park at the church at the bottom of the hill , just keep it neat, no trash, otherwise its fine ,see all of ya there

(276)451-0675 thats my number if anybody needs to get ahold of me today or tommorow. Ray dawson

Hey Capt. huskey give me a call today. Thanks Ray

on my way up to finish a couple of things so if you need anything you have to call.thanks Ray. PS jon if you want bring your 4 wheeler<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creep in 2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">(276)451-0675 thats my number if anybody needs to get ahold of me today or tommorow. Ray dawson </div></div>

Ray, I wanted to say a big Thank You to you and all involved. I had a great time today, matter of fact I'm pretty sure everyone I talked to was having a great time. It was a great being able to shoot such a verity of ranges from one place. People if you missed this shoot, well you just missed it. Again, Ray thanks for opening up your place for us to come down, also a big THANKS to the cooks, hell of a spread.

Definately, a hell of time, great food, great weather, great people (except that one guy who called me jew boy), and most of all great shooting, I think I will still smell gunpowder tomorrow. THANKS Ray and Mrs. Dawson for your top notch hospitality.

Just wanted to say i had a blast and really appreciate all the effort that you guys put in to this. Hope to see you guys next time thanks

Ray and Mrs. Dawson Thank you again for a great time, and all of the work you put into the shoot.

Rodn276 I must say to see someone make a hit at 550 yard with a $20 simmons scope was pretty impressive.

Thank you Ray for putting forth so much effort to get things ready and allowing us to come and shoot at your place. The fellowship and food was great. A special thanks also to Mrs Dawson. She worked hard as well. Ahh the life of a shooters wife she is proably saying this morning! What a great time!!!
Guther

hank You Ray and Mrs. for all your effort to allow all of to shoot in an area seldom get to do.
Next time you come up Skydusky please drop in
Pete

As usual always a good time and good company, except for Benchduck, its hard to shoot with him staring at your ass, thanks Ray and Sherry , weathers getting good so more to come i hope

Yesterday was indeed a really fun day. We had great weather, fantastic food, and a safe day of long range shooting. Again, thanks to Ray and Sherry for their efforts to make this event happen. Here are a few pics.

Here's the view from the 400, 700, and 800 yard line. The tragets are positioned across the mountainside shown.

RaysFunShoot032710002.jpg

Here's the view from "up top" for the way out there guys. It looked like the winds were a challenge yesterday up top. Targets were positioned from 1400 to 2600 yards.

RaysFunShoot032710009.jpg

And here's a shot of one happy camper! Congrats to Brian J for winning the drawing for the FN SPR in 6.5 Creedmoor. From L to R: meself, Ray, the happy winner (big grin) and lastly, the honorable Benchduck.

RaysFunShoot032710008.jpg

I had a blast, THANK YOU RAY for your hospitality and allowing us to come to your "house". Driving South this AM, I don't want to go home!
Ray is great folks and they don't come any better. I felt at home and didn't meet anybody up there that wasn't first class. But there were a couple I didn't get to meet, because Clark had them cornered.
Me and the 50 will be back. The 338 did better than the 50, so old 50 has to come back and get a "Ray" lesson, won't let it listen to Clark next time.

Clark, THANK you for putting up with us. Terry even said she'd come back and maybe shoot next time. She wants the 50 tamed some first though, it was blowing her hair out of place.

Once more, I had a blast and met some great folks. Waiting now until we can come back.

Clark hss the pictures we took and can post them.

Ray,

Thank your wife for letting us come out and play
smile.gif
I will be in contact soon.

John

Ray Thanks so much for hosting such a great event!! First class food and fun!! Also thanks to benchduck for getting my girlfriend hooked on shooting, she was sad she didnt win the rifle.

Well I saw plenty of cameras out and snapping up pictures.

So how about posting some (or all) of them?

Thanks to the Hosts and Hostesses for another FINE event.

I am looking forward to the next one.

I was wondering just how many attendees we had this time?

Thanks JHuskey for spotting for us. I wish I could shoot with you more often.

The couple that was shooting next to me (from SML/Warrenton) give me a shout some time so we can do some shootin' @ RRR.

Hey everybody thanks for all your gracious comments. I really enjoyed all the company, the long stuff had a lot more takers this time i think the longest was only 2661 this time"thats yards not inches or feet" we really had a good crowd, but i have some discouragging news to post. I had a coyote tan day pack with varrious ammo in it ranging from 17hmr,22lr,40 cal,9mm,223,and some shotgun slugs in it laying on the bottom of the big cable spool in front of the barn. this was my personal pack and ammo that i paid for if you found this in your stuff it was not santa clause. You need to return this to me asap, with all my ammo. or a payment for said items. If anybody has info on such i would greatly appreciate it if you would PM me with a name of this individual or individuals guilty of such. Please let me know of any thing you know.i opended my place for good people to gather not thieves. if anybody saw anything please let me know. Thanks Ray Dawson

Benchduck, You look like you would hold one in your mouth but I didn't tell everyone.

Here are my few pics.
l_1d2693b25a454a7b9d31e66c9b60d3d3.jpg

l_8e99fbe69dab44faac37120e443ca291.jpg

l_a84528bd279345b5a44995a1f921c32e.jpg

l_e1cf69c4e0a34472b3adb9458d7f9384.jpg

l_7804dd05c37448b2b34e6e85c6cfe98d.jpg

l_86b8a2baa17348059c7e115fae3a9db6.jpg

l_88c6f17e1898498c86e0f69f2adf342b.jpg

The Bag Ray is missing was (kinda looks like at this point still is sitting on the bottom, right hand side of the spool pictured here)

l_62f4f7ceab574a1283cca4a7d868d7fa.jpg

l_5f31a8154128405885645399c3ff01b5.jpg

l_abddf057858a49ed8475ae3f77087799.jpg