• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FUN SHOOT AT RAYS IN VA

Re: FUN SHOOT AT RAYS IN VA

And the rest of my pics.

l_db15afdfae354074884664445e11d96d.jpg

Now the pics from the ultra long range guys.

l_a282f2737fe34aaab5de0148f6b50e5c.jpg

l_d55cd5e27729420ebb8a430be6fc1521.jpg

l_430a0b3c0b9045b7b6493a535146e555.jpg

l_5842d7b7ab2b4c068924306edd7bf90b.jpg

Ray,

Sorry to hear this, I did not notice it when Jon and I where looking for gas cans at 1530 and you came down from the top.

John

I can't imagine someone stealing from a man that just let you come and shoot at his place for free!!! WTF? Let's hope Ray's stuff will turn up.
Guther

It's shit like this that will close down an opportunity that we have been given.

Whoever stole Ray's stuff needs to man up and bring it back to him personally and beg forgiveness.

Did you think that the stuff would go unnoticed?

The next get together might be by invitation only due to this incident.

I am still is total pissed off mode that someone would steal from somebody period. If his stuff got picked up by mistake, which I seriously doubt. Bring it back to him ASAP. Give me a break people. We got to enjoy his land, food and hard work setting the whole thing up and this shit happens!?
Guther

Message to the thief:
I hope your barber cuts your damn ear off.

Ray, hate to hear that you stuff got taken and hate that I couldn't make it to the shoot. I had planned on coming down but ended up getting sick Saterday morning so I didn't get to come. On a positive note it looked like a good turnout and a good time except your missing items, hopefully I can make the next one, If there is a next one.

Kevin.

A good time was had by all as far as i know.I hate you missed it we had about 92 attend this time. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nostyta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray, hate to hear that you stuff got taken and hate that I couldn't make it to the shoot. I had planned on coming down but ended up getting sick Saterday morning so I didn't get to come. On a positive note it looked like a good turnout and a good time except your missing items, hopefully I can make the next one, If there is a next one.

Kevin. </div></div>

Ray i hope your stuff shows up. Goes to show you cant trust anyone these days in time. Hell i left all my guns laying around when i headed up the hill to the long range shoot (my thoughts were hell we are around good company nobody should touch anything) glad all my stuff was there but sorry to hear about yours

Yes i think there were 30+ people up for the elr stuff, i think there were probably only 10-15 that were shooting though.

C:\Users\Lil Mann\Pictures\2010-03-27,
ok not that good at posting yet

Next time everybody should wear a name tag with their Hide Handle.

I saw some that I knew but many that I didn't.

It would be nice to put a face with the name.

90+ attendees. That's a pretty good sized group versus the last event but this one had a lot more fanfare from the first one to promote it.

Ray,
Wanted to chime in with a big thank you to you and the misses for opening up your place. My brother and I had a great time. Being a newbie to the long range game met some great folks that shared there ammo, guns, and info with us. Can't beat that! It was a pleasure to meet you guys and if I can do anything for ya, besides shoot the thief, let me know. I do know one thing, I believe it turned out to be an expensive trip for me as Gotta have a bigger gun now and a horus optic!! Thanks alot for that too! Hope to see ya again on another sunny day.

Randy

Thanks Ray and thank your wife also,We had a great time.
I hope we get to come back again.
I am sorry to hear about your stuff missing, I even went out and double checked my truck since there were 3 people helping put up stuff when we left.

Rodn276 i broke up with u for a reason and lilman i was staring at your ass because i thought u were a chick u have tits>>> now thats out of the way on to the theft i would be willing to bet that a hide member was not the thief there was people there that we as a group did not know

I would certainly think that this was not a hide member. There were some people there that just showed up i guess word of mouth. Thanks to all the good people that showed up. my wife ad myself enjoyed the fellowship. Not on the subject of the thief but did anybody know the oldman that was trying to peddel the junky guns out of the back of his truck?. this was brought to my attension the day after, and does anybody know who blowed 2 big holes in the oval pink target aprox.10 inches tall to the left of the pink Man @about 40 yards, that was a pistol,shotgun and rimfire target only as was discussed at the saftey meeting,i guess the man sized target was just to easy and they needed a more challenging target for thier high powered rifle. Hole was bigger than a 223. thanks Ray.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchduck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rodn276 i broke up with u for a reason and lilman i was staring at your ass because i thought u were a chick u have tits>>> now thats out of the way on to the theft i would be willing to bet that a hide member was not the thief there was people there that we as a group did not know </div></div>

Hey Dennis we had a guess roster it was beside the donation bucket.Thanks Ray.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Rodn276, about how many people were up on top for the ELR stuff?
Looks like 30+ to me.

I wish Ray would have had a sign in roster/guest list. </div></div>

Did anybody take any pics of the 1440 and plus targets after the shoot ? I was wondering if there were many hits on them. I could hold on the target don't see any hits then miss by a little on purpose and then see my misses. At that distance I don't know if I could see a hits with a 15 power scope. If I had to do it over again I would pick a spot 2MOA in front of the target and shoot there,

Thanks,Keith

just wanted to know if anybody picked up a pair of sunglasses off the lower line of fire? they would have been at the last table on the line next 2 the parked cars. (on the far right facing the targets - rob vestal's bench)

Thanks for all the info on the phone today rob! Look forward to shoot'un with ya again in the future.

Randy Maxwell

Ill check yo see if i can find them when i go back up there. went there on sunday but it was pissing down the rain i looked for my pack and picked up trash but that was it.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiroshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just wanted to know if anybody picked up a pair of sunglasses off the lower line of fire? they would have been at the last table on the line next 2 the parked cars. (on the far right facing the targets - rob vestal's bench)

Thanks for all the info on the phone today rob! Look forward to shoot'un with ya again in the future.

Randy Maxwell </div></div>

Just got finished working.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3:30 Ray?

Dude WTF? </div></div>

if anybody has any pics please email them to me.Especially of people standing around the spool where my daypack was laying. I may have a someone that can identify the the lowlife that took it. my adress is under my contact info Thanks Ray Dawson.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rodn276</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Benchduck, You look like you would hold one in your mouth but I didn't tell everyone.

Here are my few pics.
l_1d2693b25a454a7b9d31e66c9b60d3d3.jpg

l_8e99fbe69dab44faac37120e443ca291.jpg

l_a84528bd279345b5a44995a1f921c32e.jpg

l_e1cf69c4e0a34472b3adb9458d7f9384.jpg

l_7804dd05c37448b2b34e6e85c6cfe98d.jpg

l_86b8a2baa17348059c7e115fae3a9db6.jpg

l_88c6f17e1898498c86e0f69f2adf342b.jpg

The Bag Ray is missing was (kinda looks like at this point still is sitting on the bottom, right hand side of the spool pictured here)

l_62f4f7ceab574a1283cca4a7d868d7fa.jpg

l_5f31a8154128405885645399c3ff01b5.jpg

l_abddf057858a49ed8475ae3f77087799.jpg

</div></div>

Ray, is this the bag and the spool you are talking about? Just need clarification. Second,Forth and seventh picture down.

3X6, those photos that you are referring to are of the spool that I had my fancy shooting bench set up next to.
There were a man & wife & another Hide member shooting from that bench for the most of the day ( until about 1500 ). They had a couple of smallish gear bags with their USO spotter, a suppressor, a PR heritage scope and god knows what else. The man had a 338 LM (I think) bolt action.

That's about all I can think of. No names though.
Huskey was spotting for me and the older gent next to me (had an AR10 that was having some extraction issues).

Ya, I was shooting from the same area, I'm just trying to figure where Ray had his bag. Still hopeing someone picked it up by mistake, but I would think that if they had they would have contacted Ray by now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiroshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just wanted to know if anybody picked up a pair of sunglasses off the lower line of fire? they would have been at the last table on the line next 2 the parked cars. (on the far right facing the targets - rob vestal's bench)

Randy Maxwell </div></div>

PM sent

Yes 2,4,7,Dennis is standing next to it in pic #2 the bag was on bottom of spool on oposite side . Thanks Ray.

Ray, I sent you an email previously, The Husband and wife, actually Chris and his girfriend Gail and me, Pete, facing you in picture # 7 we all came together. Chris and gail drove down from Warrenton,I came down from Bland. You I and Cris spent time early in the day talking about it. Dennis Chris had his 6.5 Lapua buit by Spencer, I had the SR 25
We left at 1500hrs, your bag was next to the spool. As we were leaving 3 other guys with 2 black AR15s took our place, One guy was tall the other two medium height. Sorry thats all I can recollect.

The other guy's name was Pete (can't remember his Hide handle but he knew me from the Hide), he was from Bland I think that's what he said.

He was shooting off of that spool along with the other guy and his wife.

The Guy and his Wife were from Warrenton (sp?) and said that they had a place on Smith Mtn Lake.

After they left, there were some youngsters shooting off my bench and the spool.

I loaded up my gear, the rifle rack and the bench in preparation to leave and they transitioned over to the spool.

But for the life of me, I don't remember the bag in question, but I do remember the sledge hammer laying there because I saw somebody come over and get it prior to the commence fire command.

I hope you get your stuff back.

I ordered some cutting tools from MSC (over the web) the other day and along the line some dipshit intercepted my bank card info and placed a fraudulent charge for an ad on Autotrader.com.
I was getting calls about a Lexus RX350 I had for sale (I don't have a LEXUS anything).
Autotrader pulled the ad before I could track down the person. I don't know why they used my phone number on the add.

Oh, Well, Hope everything pans out.
Maybe you ought to do the next event by invitation only. That way you wont have the flea market gun dealer or tag alongs that were not Hide members.

Dennis,thats ok, When Chris comes down I will try and join you guys at RRR. It won't be until after we get back from 5 days at Badlands in late April.

The Bag was on the right side of the spool if you were facing the firing line. Those two young people and the tall guy with gray hair was who I remember, they kind a just dropped ther shit on the spool

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Col Kurtz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray, email sent with all of the pics I took. </div></div>

Hey Col., were you the "Young" feller shooting next to me that had the AR 10 with extraction issues?

I'm good at remembering faces and certain details about folks but I have a damn hard time remembering names, but I can usually remember what you were shooting, driving, wearing, etc if it stands out in my mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blacksmith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was the old Dawg shooting the KAC SR 25 </div></div>

I remember you by the white dually truck with the hard bed cover and the fact that I talked you out of joining RRR.

I am thinking that the Col. is the "Young" feller ( being kind, he was older than me by a few years) that was shooting next to me (opposite side from you). He was the one with the little offroad vehicle that came down while we were talking in the church parking lot.

We were shooting in the same area as Dennis, and one of the make shift tables Ray set up. There was a Remington bolt gun laying on one of the tables and the bag was beside the spool when we first got there, and we were one of the first one's that got there. I'm not pointing fingers for sure, but me and a friend came back down from up on the mountian early and there was a few guys that had takin over our spot. I can remember them quite well because they were eating my ass up with flying brass from there AK and AR's. Like I said, not pointing fingers, but I thought it kind of rude to sit at a mans bench and use his spotting scope with out asking first.

dennis that guys name was dwight raines. a good friend of mine.

do you have any pics? Ray<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We were shooting in the same area as Dennis, and one of the make shift tables Ray set up. There was a Remington bolt gun laying on one of the tables and the bag was beside the spool when we first got there, and we were one of the first one's that got there. I'm not pointing fingers for sure, but me and a friend came back down from up on the mountian early and there was a few guys that had takin over our spot. I can remember them quite well because they were eating my ass up with flying brass from there AK and AR's. Like I said, not pointing fingers, but I thought it kind of rude to sit at a mans bench and use his spotting scope with out asking first. </div></div>

Dennis, I was the guy sitting at the white table in front of the cooking, or left side of the barn.

Ray, I also saw saw those two guys. I remember because I was talking to Rob Vestal, and they started to shoot at a target all the way on the right, which put them shooting across our 12'oc. We said something to them, and they said "sorry". I would refer to them as blasters, not LR shooters.

I just joined here because of Ray's missing bag. I was there with guys from T&J Tactical from Radford, VA. I am pictured in one of the posts. I am wearing a red shirt. I was shooting to the far right of where Ray and Clark were shooting. I was at the homemade green bench that one of the guys I was with brought. I saw two young guys and a young girl to the left of me sitting close to 12 o'clock in front of the shed at the end of the day. I saw two older guys shooting ARs just prior to going up to the top. They were sitting in front of the spool. I noticed these guys because they couldn't hit crap. I took a few pics at the start, so I'll check if they are on it.

I just wanted to say how much I appreciated your hospitality and how you and your wife treated everyone.

I was one of the young guys by the spool at the end of the day. The young girl was my girlfriend, she was sitting at Dennis' bench when he said he was leaving and needed to pack up. We had been at the far left of the range for the morning then went up to watch the ELR guys. When we came back down we moved over to see new targets like Ray had said in the safety brief. I cannot remember seeing a pack while we were there, but i wasnt paying attention either. Sorry i'm not much help.

hey thanks, if anybody has any pics that can help me figure out who the lowlife or lowlifes are please send them to my email adress. Thanks Ray

I checked the pictures on my berry and I only have pictures at the top and pictures of the guys in my group at the bottom. I saw an older gentlemen and possibly his son to our left during the mid-afternoon sitting on the ground to the right of the spool. He was carrying a Blackhawk in a shoulder rig, but he just fired a few rounds at the 100 yard target and went about his business. The two guys that stuck out were the two that showed up just prior to lunch. They were right in front of the spool. Both were in there 40s, dark curly hair, small beer belly, 5'11ish about 185-190 and one guy had a stock looking M-4. He didn't know much about operating it because he fumbled with the stock adjustment. I watched him miss the 100 yard target. He was shooting off balance and he sat down right in front of the spool and attempted to fire another mag at the 100 yard plate. These guys just didn't fit in at the shoot. They were blasters. I walked up the top range and when I came back down with my group these two guys were gone.

Ray, I'm sorry to hear about your bag. Gail and I were shooting with Pete to the right of that spool. As I told you that day, I'd like to again thank you and your wonderful wife for having us all there and while this has put a damper on what was a great day I have something else in mind. Your wife told us that the reason the garage was only about, well maybe, half done was a lack of time. I'd like to make a proposal that those of us who shared your hospitality pay you back by helping to finish that garage, or at least as much as we can do in a weekend. Maybe in late May or June? Work all day and camp out up there. What do people think?

I will go for that. I think that would be a fine way to pay him back for his generosity.
Guther

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vux51</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd like to make a proposal that those of us who shared your hospitality pay you back by helping to finish that garage, or at least as much as we can do in a weekend. Maybe in late May or June? Work all day and camp out up there. What do people think? </div></div>
sounds good to me.