• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FUN SHOOT AT RAYS IN VA

ray d

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2007
Va
hey guys im going to try to have another fun shoot at my place in Gladesprings Va.hopefully in month of Jan if not in Feb.so blow the cobwebs out of your longrange rigs and get ready we will be shooting all the way out to 2500yards agian.

Re: FUN SHOOT AT RAYS IN VA

Get it in before we go to the PMC at the end of FEB. Shit it will be cold!
Any chance you might ban Clark?
wink.gif

we can build a fire to keep warm or just stand in front of clark when he talks. there will be enough hot air to keep everybody warm.

I'm in, had alot of fun at the last one and I would just like to say thanks to Ray and all that help him in putting the shoots together.

Ray,I've been on the site a while tho not a big poster. I only shoot up to a grand with 308. If you don't mind a newbee to your group I'd like to attend. I'm over in Poolesville Md. Thanks
Curtis,
(301)687-1159

no problem there wil be plenty of different sized targets at different ranges out to around a 1000 yards then later in the afternoon anybody that wants can go up on top and shoot the long stuff or just watch and spot. Ray.

i am gonna be moving out to quantico here at the end of the week, any chance i would be able to get directions so i can just tag along or possibly shoot? if you dont mind

the more the better.Its 8564 Old Mill Rd. Gladesprings Va.Rt 750 4 miles off exit 29 off I81.Come and shoot we had a real good crowd at the last one.Lots of info sharing from verring degrees of experienced shooters. there were women there also so fell free to bring wifes,girlfriends,sisters,dughters,ect... were gonna be cooking out so there will be food there so you can stay allday and not have to leave the fun.Bring pistols,rifles,shotguns or class3 stuff,But have Related paper work.Dont anybody bring illegal items to my property. Bring plenty of ammo and a good attitude.Thanks Ray.

will do, i will post it. Ray

Hey, out of town the month of Jan , but coming for sure if it ends up to be Feb,

Ray, did you get with the land owner in the mid range property?

I would like to try a mile with my EDGE if you did.

Might want to think about posting up about parking when you set up this event because I feel that there will be a few more folks at this one (depending on the weather / frozen precip.) because those of us that attended the first one had such a good time.

not yet but i plan on it.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray, did you get with the land owner in the mid range property?

I would like to try a mile with my EDGE if you did.

Might want to think about posting up about parking when you set up this event because I feel that there will be a few more folks at this one (depending on the weather / frozen precip.) because those of us that attended the first one had such a good time.

</div></div>

i think that would be a hell of a good time if you wouldnt mind my company

The more the better.there will be a lot of goood info and knowledge there ripe for the pickin.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my brother and i would love to come out and learn a little if you wouldnt mind having us </div></div>

Not at all just remember everybody needs to be on thier best behavior and saftey is a must .We had a realgood time and a real good bunch of people ,females including my wife and others attended ,the last Big shoot and i would like to make these events more often including weekend trainups and comps so please be safe as areas to shoot are becoming less and less. We hope to keep ours open to our friends in the community.Thanks Ray<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rlw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think that would be a hell of a good time if you wouldnt mind my company </div></div>

I would just like to say hello to my fellow Va shooters, I am new to the forum and new to long range shooting in general. I hope to meet up and enjoy the sport with you all some time.

yes sir that is more than a reasonable request thank you for hosting what i can only asume will be a great time

if you cant bring Al,then someone please bring Serbo Girl and some of here friends.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could somebody bring Al Gore? Its gonna be cold! </div></div>

i went up to the property yesterday to check things out, was thinking of having the shoot next weekend,but the road is a sloppy mess so its looking like Febuary ive got to get some gravel put down on the road first. things need to dry out some first. looking forward to the shoot but the weather is not cooperating right now. Thanks Ray.

I would love to come and see if I can hit anything, and absorb some knowlege from shooters more experianced than myself. I'll keep checking back for a date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Col Kurtz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to come and see if I can hit anything, and absorb some knowlege from shooters more experianced than myself. I'll keep checking back for a date. </div></div>yeh just keep checking looks like there will be a good crowd.when the date is posted i will also post some rules and parking positions, thanks Ray Dawson.

i spent yesterday welding up some new reactive targets.when the weather breaks ill haul the gravel.then we will be in business.

Ray I enjoyed the day shooting last year at your range. Thanks so much for the invite. Hope to see you soon.
THANKS
JDY from NC

looking forward to it. Ray.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JDY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray I enjoyed the day shooting last year at your range. Thanks so much for the invite. Hope to see you soon.
THANKS
JDY from NC </div></div>

Ray,
Can a North Carolina long range shooter come to your place to shoot when you pick a date? What is the cost to participate? What can I bring to help?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creep in 2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when the weather breaks ill haul the gravel.then we will be in business. </div></div>
Maybe the weather will break by late summer at the rate we are going. I had fun the last time and hope to be there this time also..Thanks again!

Hey Dennis and all the others that just want to shoot out to a mile! Good news yesterday i securred the ridge between the upper road and the 2444 yard target. now we can shoot 1400 yards to 2000 yards at location then all the way out to 3200 yards at the other location. and im working on another field that will be 1100 to 1400 yards goining to be a good time. Hey Jon bring Sangs 408 cheytac and lets see what it will do. Ray Dawson. PS 50bmgs and 20mm recoiless rifles welcome.

I thought you might like that news. Ray<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOOO HOOO ..... Thanks Ray and tell the land owners thanks as well.

Now I can play with the rest of y'all up on the hill.

I'm looking forward to coming down to shoot.

</div></div>

Ray
I am up here in Bland with another 18 inches of snow!!!
Looking forward to coming to the shoot
Pete

Its looking like march for the fun shoot the weather is just not helping. road is just to soft right now.hopefully weather will break soon. Thanks Ray Dawson.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pacomdiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any spots left open? </div></div>shouldnt be a problem.Ray

I haven't been on the Hide in a while to post much but I can't wait to come back up there to give you all some more leasons on long range shooting. I will have another 338 XTREME to smack that 2444yd with SOMEMORE after it gets back from a show in Germany. I hope this one shoots as good as the one I shot the 2444yd plate with last fall. I also shot a goat at 2222yds during deer season this year with that same 338 XTREME rifle/

I hope to have some ammo for everyone to try a shot or two with the 338 XTREME thanks to Bob at XTREME MACHINING. I should have a couple Barrett 50's and a AR50 if someone has some ammo laying around bring it and you can shoot it up if its good ammo. I don't mind to let you use my rifles.

We will have some steel set at around 1 mile for you 338 LAPUA shooters by the next match if the weather will let up a little. I hope to help Ray set some more steel on the property if it ever warms up a little. May get to set some out this weekend.

Bring lots of ammo and a smile on you face and we will see ya at the next shoot.

Clark K

Hey Clark, do they have a "Goat" season that coincides with the Deer season over there in "West By God"?
grin.gif

How many points did it have?

I'm glad that y'all got permission to set out steel on the property in the middle.
Now I can play at a measley little old mile with my 338.

Now all we need to do is get the weather to co-operate OR get a Dealer that would like to demo a couple of those ARGO's and bring them over to Ray's so that we can shuttle up the hill and back.

Might need to clear off more space up top for more prone shooting since you're gunna bring all that artillery.

Hey dennis notice clark didnt say anything about sheep fondeling season being open year round. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Clark, do they have a "Goat" season that coincides with the Deer season over there in "West By God"?
grin.gif

How many points did it have?

I'm glad that y'all got permission to set out steel on the property in the middle.
Now I can play at a measley little old mile with my 338.

Now all we need to do is get the weather to co-operate OR get a Dealer that would like to demo a couple of those ARGO's and bring them over to Ray's so that we can shuttle up the hill and back.

Might need to clear off more space up top for more prone shooting since you're gunna bring all that artillery. </div></div>

shoooweee , look at the shit talk , it would be funny except the fact that Clark could take a finger off at a mile , hmmm

Hey Mike, there are "No Spots".
Just show up.
Shoot targets, bullshit with other like minded folks, get a bite to eat. Head up the hill and shoot a LONG WAYS OFF. BS some more. Head down the hill. Load up your stuff and head home.
They way this one's headed, the only thing I see having a kink in it is the parking arrangement but Ray will smooth all that out beforehand.

Ray & Clark and their Wives really made the last one a good one and it can only get better.

Hope to see you and "little man" there.
Just be sure to bring all of your COOL TOYS.