• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Fun with the Mosin...

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2012
Prescott, AZ
[video=youtube;7aU-tZnxMBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aU-tZnxMBY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Video was taken over several outings during Dec 2013 and Jan 2014. Target Video was shot with an iPhone 4s w/ Kowa adapter and spotting scope set on 40-60X. Side view video was taken with an Optio W30.

On the 387 yd clips you can see some bullet trace. I tried to set up the camera/scope directly above the bore, but only when the focus was set a little short can you see some trace. I was holding 3 MILs (about 10 feet) left on the 1080 target, and the cold bore shot @ 608 yds was a 2 MIL (3.5 feet) left wind call. FYI I had 36 MOA up on the rifle for the hit at 1080 yds.

This rifle was modified in the Fall of 2011 by yours truly. You can view the full project here... Surplusrifle Forum ? View topic - Mosin Nagant Sporter Project-With Range Report

Cool video! I also have a 32 tula, but its GI spec. I want to get some more trigger time on the gun, the surplus rifles are fun to shoot.

Thank you sir! Most of my Mosins are, or are being, modified.

Right now I've only got 1 Mosin in the original configuration... a double [SA] marked 1929 Tula Dragoon.