• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Local BBQ joint (which is amazing) is serving these for Fathers Day.

IMG_3405.jpeg

Mark BBQ, Colchester, VT.

Worth driving up from Key West or San Diego or Seattle if you are Looking for road trip ideas!

BBQ? In Vermont? I’ll just stay here…

Used to be the case… but Darryl is an army combat vet. Took his GI bill and went to culinary school and got a masters in something like food science studying meat and then working with folks all over USA to perfect BBQ and smoking techniques. His BBQ is unreal! He is a good Christian and donated massively to the community. Helped save some (competing) restaurants during covid…

Don’t knock it… this ain’t no ordinary Yankee BBQ!

Sirhr

Ah. First generation introduced to padded dashes and seatbelts. No wonder you kids are so soft.

Farm vehicle when I was a little kid was a Land Rover IIa with a fisher plow.

IMG_3409.jpeg

Padding? Ah hahhahaha.

On the other hand… no cigarette lighter, either! So skull crushing was likely. Burns not so much.

Sirhr

That is really worth watching.

You see how he really is. At first very defensive, who would not be. Some stranger comes up filming you, what are you going to think. Then he goes into his channel and recording different New York things, he really opens up and shows us he is a regular guy.

Contrast that with how others are that are in the public eye.

When "Remember Pearl Harbor" just isnt getting the message across.

26-inch thick armor from Japanese Yamato class battleship, pierced by a US Navy 16-inch gun

352720138_978218726939691_8019810427763949008_n.jpg

There was a difference in the "quality" of japanese steel and US steel in the 30's. The US and other european steels are just "better". The US 16 really had the power of the Japanese 18. The japanese had to go to the 18 because they could not make a 16" gun that would take pressures so they got there with a larger bore and weight. One reason the two ships, really three the carrier shinano was converted from a yamoto class ship that was not finished had to be so big and heavy, to give them the same punch as the american and british ships.

Fun fact the 18" guns also had an AA role. Basically a big shotgun, but reports from american pilots say it was not too much to worry about, but it sure was pretty to look at.

There was a difference in the "quality" of japanese steel and US steel in the 30's. The US and other european steels are just "better". The US 16 really had the power of the Japanese 18. The japanese had to go to the 18 because they could not make a 16" gun that would take pressures so they got there with a larger bore and weight. One reason the two ships, really three the carrier shinano was converted from a yamoto class ship that was not finished had to be so big and heavy, to give them the same punch as the american and british ships.

Fun fact the 18" guns also had an AA role. Basically a big shotgun, but reports from american pilots say it was not too much to worry about, but it sure was pretty to look at.

I know, we made the best steel in the world, My Grandfather was a supervisor for Bethlehem Steel in Pittsburg.

First color TV show I ever saw was the Flintstones. Folks next door to my grandparents were rich. Owned an appliance store. Their son was a couple years older. I remember us checking all three channels for color programs. Didn't mater what they were about.
We only got one channel where I grew up.
B/W TV that showed mostly snow.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI

Great point. There is also lots of inside detail around the armor on the US ships. It actually worked as designed.

Ching Lee who led the USS Washington vs the Kirishima also had inside knowledge of the Japanese armor as well.

Here is the AAR on the damage to the Kirishima.

Poor puppy! That's my worst fear. I got home one day last week, parked the truck, and went to get the dogs. In that couple of minutes, a copperhead came out, and was underneath the truck by one of the back tires. Both my dogs went within a foot of it, and never saw it.

I was right behind them, with my dedicated snake gun in hand. It holds 9 CCI shot shells.View attachment 8161774View attachment 8161775

This bad boy was in my garage about a year and a half ago.
I don't usually kill snakes, I like to relocate them, but this one was in my space, and I ain't havin that. I almost stepped on him.

IMG_5859.JPG

IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5861.JPG

IMG_5862.JPG