• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

366019343_788188279977044_7769072431560039863_n.jpeg

I had no idea they made that into a movie... Any good?! I think Forsyth is probably my favorite author of fiction... Almost said 'fictional author', but I'm pretty sure he's real.

The movie is good. I first saw it when I was much younger. The parts that I remembered the best were the zeroing of the rifle and the final attempt on De Gaulle.

the movie is on Amazon Prime:
The Day of the Jackal

Reactions: klf and J-Ham
The movie is good. I first saw it when I was much younger. The parts that I remembered the best were the zeroing of the rifle and the final attempt on De Gaulle.

the movie is on Amazon Prime:
The Day of the Jackal
It’s an absolutely phenomenal movie. Edward Fox at his absolute best.

The Bruce Willis remake was a complete garbage travesty. The original is amazing. Isn’t that always the case.

I had no idea they made that into a movie... Any good?! I think Forsyth is probably my favorite author of fiction... Almost said 'fictional author', but I'm pretty sure he's real.
There’s an updated remake as well called simply “The Jackal” which was an alright thriller with Richard Gere and Bruce Willis.

Reactions: Cowpokey
View attachment 8198189
Conditioning children to live their lives in fear

They sold Dog Tags through the Schools when I was in Elementary. Everyone bragged they wouldn’t burn until some Hellish temps (tags not kids) ..kids much faster in fact. 😞 Even as a kid that young , we didn’t buy into their bullshit then , nor now , decades later.
We did believe the “ stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye “ school of reality. Young , Dumb , But not stupid ! I remember the adults being all nerved up and stressed in hindsight. Lots of drinking , smoking like chimneys, lots of Miltowns for Moms. Scary times , didn’t know WTF would happen , sorta like now. 🥴

I remember it well. That and our town testing the air raid sirens every Friday at noon.
Our town used to blow the fire house horn at 0645 and 1845 every day. If school was cancelled the dude would pummel the button to let everyone know.

At some point in the 90s/early 2K it stopped.

Once I noticed it was gone I miss it.