• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

IMG_4608.jpeg

My wife was completely against me getting a bike...so I went to AAFES New Car Sales (in Korea) and put a down payment on my first Harley, a 2010 Dyna Street Bob. She was mad; I explained to her that I would use the bike and she would have the Jeep...that calmed her down. Fast forward 8 years when we were back in the States, she bought the 2018 Street Glide for me*; maybe she figures a bagger is safe(er). LOL
View attachment 8211369

*Traded in the Dyna, not enough room in the 2-car garage for two scooters, with all my tools and fishing kayaks.
I’ve never owned a bike though, but I like the idea of a fast sport bike. I was close to getting one when I lived in FL years ago but some kid I worked with had like 3 friends die in accidents over the course of a few summers. So that was that for me…

Plus, the wrench has a bottle opener on the end. Every workplace needs a convenient bottle opener.

Reactions: 502Chevelle
My wife was completely against me getting a bike...so I went to AAFES New Car Sales (in Korea) and put a down payment on my first Harley, a 2010 Dyna Street Bob. She was mad; I explained to her that I would use the bike and she would have the Jeep...that calmed her down. Fast forward 8 years when we were back in the States, she bought the 2018 Street Glide for me*; maybe she figures a bagger is safe(er). LOL
View attachment 8211369

*Traded in the Dyna, not enough room in the 2-car garage for two scooters, with all my tools and fishing kayaks.
When I was a good bit younger and F1 cars were powered by engines, (and not, in my opinion, extra complicated gas, electric, momentum battery powered, electrically charged soemthing or other) I was enthralled with the Honda sport bikes that had redlines at 15,000 RPM. That reminded me of the 20,000-22,000 RPM F1 engines. So, I decided I wanted a sport bike.

Brenda Said NO! So, she said, why don’t you buy that Mustang GT you’ve been talking about for years. I said, ok, and hytailed my butt down to the Ford Dealership. I checked out the Mustangs and was more than disappointed. Plain, simple and small, but not something you are part of, just something that you were cramped in. Then, a light lit up in my head. For the money I would spend on a new, Mustang GT, I could have a late model Corvette and the C-5 Corvettes were really something during that time. So, I shopped around and purchased a 2000 C5. White with tan interior. Damn Thing was FAST! Braked unbelievably well and cornered amazingly. I loved it. However, I tried it on an auto cross course and learned that I did not have the skill to drive that much power on the edge. I could actually turn in quicker times in our son’s race prepped Miata. (because I was spending more time going forward than sliding sideways and taking out cones).

Anyway, I loved the Corvette. Brenda and I drove it to two US GP’s. It was fun having something that special. However, in the end, the Corvette tax was killing me. It needed maintenance that was beyond our budget. (Example, a brake light went out. Jsut one. The problem was the electronic sending unit, not the bulb. $450.00 for the sending unit that was smaller than my hand.)

So, reluctantly, I let her go. Have the picture of My Corvette, leaving the bank where we transferred her over to her new owner.

Corvette Tax - because it is a low production number vehicle, spare parts are not produced in great numbers, which does not reduce the price per piece. Thus, parts are very expensive.

I really don’t pay much attention to the ”news” these days. (Mostly opinionated nonsense anyway, or political bull manure). And, my doctor, has cancer and is getting treatment at a world famous cancer center so I can’t turn to him to ask, so

In all seriousness, Please tell me we are not about to embark on all this covid bullshit again.

And, please pray for the young man, in his forties with a wife and two kids. He’s too good of a man to deserve cancer.

• Haha
Reactions: Lawless
fuk,,,

I was running 50+ more likely 60, in a 77 Ford pickup on a curvy section of a country road and came out of a curve in the middle of the road with a car coming,
over corrected a time or 2 and went up in the woods, breaking a 4 inch tree in half and stopping at a foot diameter oak,
truck hit the tree on the passenger side,
spare tire in the bed hit the back window at the bottom of the glass and thankfully did ont go thru the cab,

I hit the steering wheel, and my scrawny 125lb self bent it a bit,
floor shift I had just installed a month or 2 prior was bent down to my ankle,
I opened to door and fell out, could not catch my breath,

finally got past that and was very sore, got a ride to the hospital,
and just bruised,

no broken ribs etc,

sore a shit, like I had my ass beat hard, for a few days then fine,

had that oak been on the drivers side, or that spare tire come thru the window, I would have likely been dead or paralized,

We left my FILS farm in the Texas Panhandle to drive back to Dallas. The direct route heads East from Hereford and its flat as can be. It was twilight and a bit foggy. I was at the wheel and my wife and kids were asleep.

I had a vision of coming to after a wreck and finding my wife dead next to me in the car. It jerked me out of my drowsiness and i slowed down and peered into the misty morning twilight. A minute later a jeep appeared in my lane heading right at me. I eased off the road into the ditch and the jeep roared by taking off my side view mirror. My wife awoke screaming her sight full of the jeep going by as we bounced to a stop.