• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1696547106256.png

Happy Gonculator Day to all!

On a related note, Noam Pitlik's birthday is Nov 4. Died in 1999. RIP

Thank you,
MrSmith

So I just spent an hour watching this and am totally blown away!

Absolutely brilliant effort. Historians, craftsmen and the vision of the Confederate Air Force (not to mention the willingness of the folks at Turbo Conversions to sell the plane for restoration...). Just so much amazing stuff in this video.

Not the least of which is some folks up in Wisconsin who are totally hands-on and capable of such incredible work.

Thanks for posting, Ichi! This made my day and I forwarded it to a ton of my fellow historians and 'mechanic' friends! Gives us all inspiration to 'be more like these guys!' Amazing!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I killed one with a tire iron once

I killed a large rogue steer with a 4" rock to the forehead once. Just trying to chase it back across the river. My poor little Bro was traumatized. At 14, who knew this was even possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jigstick
View attachment 8239281

Note that on my MRAD (the same one from The infamous "Someone Boomer'd an MRAD" meme) I had to raise the scope considerably with blocks on the pic. rail.

So you can definitely do it.

SN-9's do show up! I got super lucky on this one. But they eiterh have crazy prices on them... or really low prices on them. Doesn't seem to be a specific market value. They are so application specific... and Prism's are now the state of the art... they are a vintage novelty now.

Doesn't mean they aren't super cool!

Sirhr
I think i see spilled wine on that rug

Reactions: Lawless
So I just spent an hour watching this and am totally blown away!

Absolutely brilliant effort. Historians, craftsmen and the vision of the Confederate Air Force (not to mention the willingness of the folks at Turbo Conversions to sell the plane for restoration...). Just so much amazing stuff in this video.

Not the least of which is some folks up in Wisconsin who are totally hands-on and capable of such incredible work.

Thanks for posting, Ichi! This made my day and I forwarded it to a ton of my fellow historians and 'mechanic' friends! Gives us all inspiration to 'be more like these guys!' Amazing!

Cheers,

Sirhr

A couple more Spark videos on the C-47 "That's All, Brother".