• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

IMG_5429.jpeg

Vinegar and mustard? Is Not BBQ!!
You may as well put Frank's or Texas Pete in it
South Carolina Mustard is wicked good for dipping sweet potato fries and fried pickles in.... plus is excellent on burgers.

But agree, only vinegar, molassas, hot peppers and slow cooked pork is actual BBQ.

I'm going to my bunker now.

Sirhr

Vinegar and mustard? Is Not BBQ!!
You may as well put Frank's or Texas Pete in it

I worked with a guy from one of the Carolinas once whose idea of sauce was straight white vinegar with a few flakes of cracked red pepper floating in it.

Honestly, if it's done right the meat needs no sauce except maybe on the chopped beef sammiches.

About two minutes less would have been perfect.
I was re-training Rebecca when that pic was taken.

I no longer like mine blue. Plain old rare works for me now.
Tell Rebecca that she done good! She's a keeper!

And buy her a nice watch. With a rotating bezel for BBQ timing. Swiss movement. Suggest Breitling or higher...

Sirhr

And buy her a nice watch. With a rotating bezel for BBQ timing. Swiss movement. Suggest Breitling or higher...

Sirhr
NO need to time BBQ, jsut chop a pig, add ketchup and boil. Brisket on te other hand should cook for at least 8 hours, better 12.

• Sad
Reactions: EddieNFL
No, I lived in Texas for 20 years and I know good brisket. Low heat, slow cooked, use mesquite, oak, pecan, depends on your preference for the day/
I like to BBQ, a good brisket isn’t easy to pull off. Burnt Ends is my favorite!

My best lesson about BBQ was from an old cook in LaCenter, KY almost 50 years ago. Went to pick up some chickens to take home an he had a mop sloppin' sauce onto the meats on crusher screens in a cinder block fire pit. About 6 ft wide and 30 ft long, full, afternoon rush was coming. I hollered through the smoke "damn that looks good, what's your secret"? He hollered back "All I know is you can't make good BBQ an comply with the health code". And it was good. I miss all them "beside the road holes in the wall".

Thank you,
MrSmith

Sirhr

She's definitely a keeper and a damn fine shot to boot.
I did buy her a new watch, but those Breitling are way, waaaay above my retired poors budget.
The closest thing to a Swiss watch would be a Swatch...😁
She got the Garmin Fenix 6 pro solar that she's been wanting. She's wearing it right now.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Marinevet1
You really don't want an answer to that question. Just down the road from me is a guy that is building a fence out of sharpened 12' tall sharpened, like with an ax, fence.

It is FUCKING AWESOME.

I need to take a photo.

Yes, yes you do and tag me in when you post it

Is the Jack Danial's contest something special?
Naaaah not really, it’s only one of the 3 most prestigious BBQ contest in the world, the other 2 being Memphis in May, and the American Royal, the World Series of BBQ held in Kansas City, so to actually win it, is kind of special…. Oh and the team that one the American Royal this year, they just happened to be from Connecticut…
IMG_5993.jpeg
IMG_5992.jpeg