• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

wpeBDDb2ePDJ.jpeg

We lived in Furnace Creek for almost 3 years. Interesting place. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

Thank you,
MrSmith
Wow, that must have been an experience. All seasons, short wildflower blooms, etc. You must have seen Badwater at its finest.

Small pools of water contained in each geometric salt shape. Still shooting for that one.

Reactions: MrSmith
An Army Ranger was deployed in the Middle East. While he was there, he received a letter from his girlfriend. She explained that she had met another man while he had been gone, she wanted to break up with him, and she wanted back the photo of herself she had given him.

The Ranger went around to his buddies and collected all the unwanted photos of women he could find. He then mailed about 25 pictures to his girlfriend with the following note:

“I’m sorry, I can’t remember which one you are but please take the one that belongs to you and send the rest back.”Did this during my tour in SEA back in '69. Used aa shoebox.
Did this during my tour in SEA in '69...used a shoebox. Not sure where the idea came from but it did help. And no, the box of pictures was not returned.

Death Valley
It would have been about 2011, I think... Was motorcycling out west in the fall. And stayed just outside Death Valley on my way to Visalia, California and then back to Yosemite and Sequoia.

The day before I stayed there it rained. Pretty hard. When I went into Death Valley, the Rangers said "you are in for a rare treat. Everything is going to bloom.' And sure enough... not only was it cool and beautiful. But the colors were like nothing I ever saw. Everywhere I looked, 'stuff' had bloomed and was flowering or colored. Amazing bit of luck. I still have some cool photos somewhere. I only was in the Park long enough to go from East to West. Never 'explored.' But wow was that the day to be there!

Sirhr

It would have been about 2011, I think... Was motorcycling out west in the fall. And stayed just outside Death Valley on my way to Visalia, California and then back to Yosemite and Sequoia.

The day before I stayed there it rained. Pretty hard. When I went into Death Valley, the Rangers said "you are in for a rare treat. Everything is going to bloom.' And sure enough... not only was it cool and beautiful. But the colors were like nothing I ever saw. Everywhere I looked, 'stuff' had bloomed and was flowering or colored. Amazing bit of luck. I still have some cool photos somewhere. I only was in the Park long enough to go from East to West. Never 'explored.' But wow was that the day to be there!

Sirhr

https://www.nps.gov/deva/learn/nature/wildflowers.htm

2024 Wildflower Season Update​

It is too early to know if there will be an impressive bloom during our normal wildflower season (mid-February through mid-April). However, there are already a few patches of wildflowers blooming out of season. As of January, the best places to see flowers are Panamint Valley and Ubehebe Crater. Sprouts are starting to pop up near Furnace Creek Visitor Center and in washes throughout the park.

1705268908271.png

What a surprise, the forum Karen is here demanding explanations. Have you tried asking for the manager?

I’ll keep it simple for you. Ignore me.
Well dang. Thanks for reminding me. You've been on my list, just hadn't seen many of your posts.
chicken-chicken-bro.gif

Here is a screen shot to show you how it works gentlemen.
20240114_173755.jpg

This is literally the single best way to shut them TF up.

This was not the way I wanted to get a deer Friday fore last.
20240105_112912.jpg

Red brand field fence.
She got it diagonal of a vertical strand and looped it.
Had to cut some pretty big hunks out of her hams. Made some SOS out of Backstrap last night. It was gamey like she was "dog run", even after a week of aging at 36⁰.
Wife said free meat tastes better.

Sirhr
Score. What a beautiful thing to behold. I’ll never forget the magic I saw.