• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Couple of questions:

Does it have any fuel leakage from the wing torque boxes?

Are the CFTs sequentially numbered?

How many hours on the ETAMs?

Are the external tanks included or available for purchase?

Have the flight control rods been 7-leveled to ensure they're not backwards
Ouch! I was at Bitburg when that happened.

That flat sucked for all involved. I recall reading the JAG wanted to charge a crew chief who watched it taxi. Wasn't even his bird.

Ammo stocked up.jpg

Fuckin pencil whipping assholes.

Maybe, but IIRC the issue had been reported at least twice as very easy to miss. For whatever reason, the powers that be decided it wasn't important enough to pass along.

This happened shortly after the same unit (I believe) shot down two helicopters over Iraq in a case of mistaken identity and the pilots were not charged. Folgeman was pissed nothing happened to them and quashed their careers. Many believe the wing (MAJCOM maybe) came down on these guys because of that.

Maybe, but IIRC the issue had been reported at least twice as very easy to miss. For whatever reason, the powers that be decided it wasn't important enough to pass along.

This happened shortly after the same unit (I believe) shot down two helicopters over Iraq in a case of mistaken identity and the pilots were not charged. Folgeman was pissed nothing happened to them and quashed their careers. Many believe the wing (MAJCOM maybe) came down on these guys because of that.

Didn't they eventually make it an IPI to cover their asses?

The Mixer Assembly had a TCTO for parts that could not be installed incorrectly but was still an IPI.

Total engineering fail right there.
A failure in writing the job guide TOs.
Also sounds like a huge training failure.
QA failure.
Leadership failure.

Uh, but muh FMC rates...

Way too many opportunities to identify, document, train and prevent this issue since 1972 when the F-15 went into active service.

Reactions: EddieNFL
Yeah, back before CAMS.

Too many people had the ability to delete write ups in CAMS before they figured that one out.

Physical records could disappear, but CAMS has that whole once it's written up, it never really disappears feature.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
i cant imagine being a caveman/native american and seeing this in the sky, with no knowledge of weather etc

they must have been scared shit
I bet $50 against a donut hole that the native peoples knew more about and were more accurate in predicting weather changes than these modern weather entertainers and prognosticators are.