• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1650803125796.jpeg

Long press and click search image with Google Lens says it is Lower Oneonta Falls east of Beaverton Oregon.
If it’s that close to Portland you can guarantee there’s 400 hipster douches and yuppies there every day and loads of garbage like cliff var wrappers and vitamin water bottles. Anything beautiful near PDX is destroyed by PDX scum.

How that train didn’t fly apart off the tracks is amazing to me…. That truck must have beeen empty and made of paper…
The average train tractor engine alone weighs over 200 tonnes, neglecting any cargo. A full load could be as much as 20,000 tonnes.

The average fully-loaded semi is less than 1/10th of the train's tractor engine alone - and that includes the road vehicle's tractor (cab/engine). In effect, yes, made of paper.

I want one of those train bumpers on my truck then!

They consume several gallons per hour just idling, and about 3000 gallons for 500 miles or so.

I live about 1/2 mile from a track/crossing and really enjoy hearing them go by a couple of times a day. When I dated a girl as a kid who lived near a railway line I often asked how she lived with it, but she said they didn't even notice it, and it's kind of cool..

Reactions: jrassy
Yup... But did you ever look into how they set off those explosives?

Just' sayin!

Sirhr
I'll have to go back to my copy of 7 Pillars of wisdom. But, my recollection is that they ran away from many partially buried charges due to being (nearly) found out by roving patrols. I think Lawrence referenced failed timers in at least one passage...

Something something something, get off the X…
Close!! Drop step and draw, begin first shot in their foot and get off xx while you move pistol up the body shooting ending behind them and just off to the side.

Not sure where would be off the X when someone is charging you contact close?

Go left, they go left, go right, they go right.

In that situation I’d do what she does and use the time for aimed shots.

Nope. First rule is not to get tagged. Second rule is to create problems for them to solve. Then put shots on them.

Standing there is standing in the funnel of death. Within 20 yards you have to move even if it’s backing up into an unknown.

Getting off the x is an easy skill to learn and will guarantee you a very good chance of winning a gunfight or not getting knifed, mauled or gored.

I’ve done countless evolutions of getting off the x with pistols and carbines. The first person to execute the drop step and acceleration wins nine times out of ten.

Reactions: muzzleloader
A lot of back seat driving going on. Maybe it is just a drill and not a complex complete philosophy about combat.

I'll have to go back to my copy of 7 Pillars of wisdom. But, my recollection is that they ran away from many partially buried charges due to being (nearly) found out by roving patrols. I think Lawrence referenced failed timers in at least one passage...
garland.jpg

^^^ Bimbashi garland. He was T.E.L.'s 'instructor' and also his demo expert. Detonators were proving unreliable and in the desert, he could not get ahold of modern gear. But he did have access to a huge store of obsolete Martini rifles.

garland det.png

TEL and his Arab soldiers would undermine the tracks (remove loose dirt under the ties) so that when the train passed over the detenator, it deflected the rail enough to fire the trigger. The blank could trigger detonators, or bags of gun cotton or nitro. Anything they could get their hands on. Remember, that TEL was under-equipped, under-funded, etc. Money he had was to pay off Arab fighters.

But like David Stirling and the SAS 25 years later, TEL attracted smart, motivated, inventive, outside-the-box thinkers as well as warriors. Like Garland. And others. The "Movie" makes TEL into a one man show. Not true... he was part of a large team of British officers working in the Hejaz. And there is a very, very good argument to be made (Look up the book "Masters of Mayhem) that Lawrence, not Mountbatten, invented combined arms warfare. It was merely adapted in WW2 and given a catchy name by Mountbatten.

Anyway, cool stuff.

And that's how Lawrence and his men knocked trains off the tracks with obsolete .450 Martini Rifles! Improvise, adapt and overcome existed long before Gunny Highway! ;-)

Sirhr

View attachment 7858475
^^^ Bimbashi garland. He was T.E.L.'s 'instructor' and also his demo expert. Detonators were proving unreliable and in the desert, he could not get ahold of modern gear. But he did have access to a huge store of obsolete Martini rifles.

View attachment 7858476

TEL and his Arab soldiers would undermine the tracks (remove loose dirt under the ties) so that when the train passed over the detenator, it deflected the rail enough to fire the trigger. The blank could trigger detonators, or bags of gun cotton or nitro. Anything they could get their hands on. Remember, that TEL was under-equipped, under-funded, etc. Money he had was to pay off Arab fighters.

But like David Stirling and the SAS 25 years later, TEL attracted smart, motivated, inventive, outside-the-box thinkers as well as warriors. Like Garland. And others. The "Movie" makes TEL into a one man show. Not true... he was part of a large team of British officers working in the Hejaz. And there is a very, very good argument to be made (Look up the book "Masters of Mayhem) that Lawrence, not Mountbatten, invented combined arms warfare. It was merely adapted in WW2 and given a catchy name by Mountbatten.

Anyway, cool stuff.

And that's how Lawrence and his men knocked trains off the tracks with obsolete .450 Martini Rifles! Improvise, adapt and overcome existed long before Gunny Highway! ;-)

Sirhr
Since you brought up the name of the song sorta have to post it. BTW Sirhr cool info. Makes me miss the Military Jeopardy thread.

Music video

Lyric video