• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

749033-28f798416ce3f89c4457b7a295c58ee5.data

My dad had three remotes for his TV.
We had a wired remote with a long-ass cord which plugged into the cable box, that my parents insisted must stay sitting on top of the TV. I never could figure out why we couldn’t have the thing sitting on the coffee table so we didn’t have to get up to change the channel.

Reactions: Lawless
View attachment 8093114
Looks like good times up on the pass today.
I don't think most people that live in Central Oregon realizes that every mouth full of food and every drop of gasoline is trucked over 2 passes in the Cascades.
At least two passes. I-5 was shut down from North Redding to Yreka since 5:00 PM Thursday. A lot of supplies travel that corridor. It looks like the Siskiyous are also closed.
83DBA139-0441-4E74-A27D-8E9EA25FF736.png

Reactions: Lawless
When teaching at a small public school, way out in the country, we were privileged to get instruction from a qualified State Police Instructor about what to do in case of a mass shooting event in our school.

So, when the school policy came out, the policy was to get our students beneath their desks hide (and presumably wait to get shot)

I choose the State Police instructors directions rather than the school policy. That can best be described in the meme shown below
79082A2B-5CFC-4AA8-BD24-AACF0114D773.jpeg

If I heard shots, I was going to get my students out the back window and run them to the woods behind the school. The police said (and I beleive them) a running student is much harder to hit than a student cowering under an open desk. (And I knew, I could hide and protect them much better in the big woods than in a classroom.).

Best part of all, never had to worry. No mass shootings, we were in the country right. Our kids knew what to do.

When teaching at a small public school, way out in the country, we were privileged to get instruction from a qualified State Police Instructor about what to do in case of a mass shooting event in our school.

So, when the school policy came out, the policy was to get our students beneath their desks hide (and presumably wait to get shot)

I choose the State Police instructors directions rather than the school policy. That can best be described in the meme shown below
View attachment 8093137

If I heard shots, I was going to get my students out the back window and run them to the woods behind the school. The police said (and I beleive them) a running student is much harder to hit than a student cowering under an open desk. (And I knew, I could hide and protect them much better in the big woods than in a classroom.).

Best part of all, never had to worry. No mass shootings, we were in the country right. Our kids knew what to do.

I have seen the raw footage at columbine several years ago, what you describe, under the desk is just what those animals did.

What have I gotten myself into?
Shear Cylinder.jpg

That's the boss for scale at 6' tall. 32" O.D., 4" bolt heads, 12" ram, and 14000 pounds. It runs a shear and I am motivated by the fact that we even got it off the trailer! :LOL:

Last edited: