• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

7_jpg-1249893.JPG

I see the quotation marks, so I'm presuming she really did say that. If so, may God have mercy on our country.....

Great pic! I live just off the left edge of the photo, I would guess about 40 minutes away from where it was taken from. The view of Rainier is amazing from that direction and was undoubtedly even better from the top of that spar!
Why do they cut the top out of the trees before felling?

Why do they cut the top out of the trees before felling?
A strong pole, or spar, was was used to set blocks high above the surrounding logged area to achieve better rigging angles and provide a central location to drag the logs to. There are some great books about the old loggers, definitely a tough and hard working bunch. I presume that they topped the spar pole so they could keep a better eye on the rigging but probably more to it than that.

Reactions: GRAYHAIR
Lehigh Defense 140gr controlled chaos bullet in a 30-30. Too destructive for hunting but would be a great SD round for non-permissible areas.

Reactions: Rick_3