• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

My step-grandfather had a 69 Beetle. Modified it a bit. Had to put on a cooling system when we moved to Texas in 1974. Changed out some parts and put a stinger up and out the back. Loud!

We would go to the library and he would show me how to do what he called speed-shift, which was shifting without a clutch.

1971_ford_f-250_img_7037-2-39486.jpeg

I think about this every time I start the lathe, every single time.
I don't wear any loose clothing when using mine. I saw a picture one time of a dead guy wrapped up in a large lathe. A very graphic example of not being aware of what can happen with machinery.

Once years ago I was drilling holes with a drill press and swatting the swarf off the bit wearing heavy leather welding gloves, took a coffee break, and then slipped on a pair of cotton work gloves when returning for some reason. Just a forgetful moment in judgement I guess. With the first swat I discovered I was strong enough to rip the finger right out of a cotton glove when the swarf grabbed it. I was lucky in that there was no damage to anything but the glove. I did learn a lesson about paying more attention to what I was doing though.