• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

PXL_20230303_184744153.jpg

Reactions: Keith E.
Had one just like that at deer camp, except the door was cast iron. We had that thing so hot a couple of times it was almost hopping around the cabin.
My dad heated our house with a Black Bart fireplace insert. He tossed in a piece of fat wood I found once that probably weighed 2lbs.

The doors were red and even though the air was shut off the thing was making a low “woooooohhhh” sound as it sucked in atmosphere.

We had windows open and it was in the low 30s outside 😂

The chimney was cleaned out that night 😅 He didn’t go to bed til like 2am waiting for it to cool down to normal.

I helped carry a Stokes basket about a mile with a man that thought he could get under a spinning diamond drill string. It grabbed his slicker. Luckily the driller saw him duck down to start under and was reaching for the stop and feed levers before he got wrapped up. That Longyear 38 had 1100 feet of N rod in the hole at about 25* down angle and the driller told me it didn't even change sound when it spun him. Couple of days in the hospital and then recoup at home.

I think about this every time I start the lathe, every single time.

It's spring. Many of us will be doing "familiar" things we haven't done for many months. And we aren't getting any younger. A little thought and planning goes a long way.

Sir, appreciate the reminder.

Thank you,
MrSmith

My dad heated our house with a Black Bart fireplace insert. He tossed in a piece of fat wood I found once that probably weighed 2lbs.

The doors were red and even though the air was shut off the thing was making a low “woooooohhhh” sound as it sucked in atmosphere.

We had windows open and it was in the low 30s outside 😂

The chimney was cleaned out that night 😅 He didn’t go to bed til like 2am waiting for it to cool down to normal.
We heated our farmhouse in Downsville with a wood stove for many a year. Our woodlot would not fullly support our needs so we had to purchase a good bit of wood every year. Met some great wood cutters and some who would cheat you in a second. Call them down and they would act like you were a joe biden liberal, fully, fully offended. I was young, had little money, a barn full of hungry horses (that weren’t generating much income) and simply could not let them get away.

Anyway, when the fire was about to run away, I always kept a good supply of slick cover magazines. That would do a good bit towards helping get the fire back under control. Also, cleaning my chimney pipe was a frequent event. Old wooden farm houses burn quick if a fellow is not careful.

Reactions: Lawless
We heated our farmhouse in Downsville with a wood stove for many a year. Our woodlot would not fullly support our needs so we had to purchase a good bit of wood every year. Met some great wood cutters and some who would cheat you in a second. Call them down and they would act like you were a joe biden liberal, fully, fully offended. I was young, had little money, a barn full of hungry horses (that weren’t generating much income) and simply could not let them get away.

Anyway, when the fire was about to run away, I always kept a good supply of slick cover magazines. That would do a good bit towards helping get the fire back under control. Also, cleaning my chimney pipe was a frequent event. Old wooden farm houses burn quick if a fellow is not careful.
When my dad got sick we had to buy some wood, I would insist on measuring the stack to be sure it was a full cord.

Guys would get pissy in a skinny minute when you showed them their calculations were off.

When my dad got sick we had to buy some wood, I would insist on measuring the stack to be sure it was a full cord.

Guys would get pissy in a skinny minute when you showed them their calculations were off.
Had a fellow pull up one evening with a load of wood on the smallest of 70’s style Japanese pickups. Off loaded the wood, looked at his buddy and stated; “I’m satisfied that’s a cord of wood.” Never asked me. Well, I can assure you, it takes one hell of a large pickup to haul a cord of wood. Those little Toyota pickups don’t measure up. He was a bit upset, when I stacked the wood, called him back and told him that this was not even close to a cord. He measured my rack and complained that it was a half inch too long at the top. (Not at the bottom). Still, I was able to make him make it right. Never called him back though and he never called me either.

Now I hear they sell wood by the rick, whatever that is. Might be a legal measurement, but I could care less, when I say I want a cord, I want a stack of wood, 4’x4’x8’, not some rick or what some fellow is self satisfied of what he think is a cord.

Reactions: jrassy and Lawless
Had a fellow pull up one evening with a load of wood on the smallest of 70’s style Japanese pickups. Off loaded the wood, looked at his buddy and stated; “I’m satisfied that’s a cord of wood.” Never asked me. Well, I can assure you, it takes one hell of a large pickup to haul a cord of wood. Those little Toyota pickups don’t measure up. He was a bit upset, when I stacked the wood, called him back and told him that this was not even close to a cord. He measured my rack and complained that it was a half inch too long at the top. (Not at the bottom). Still, I was able to make him make it right. Never called him back though and he never called me either.

Now I hear they sell wood by the rick, whatever that is. Might be a legal measurement, but I could care less, when I say I want a cord, I want a stack of wood, 4’x4’x8’, not some rick or what some fellow is self satisfied of what he think is a cord.
My BIL sold wood as a side business for years (engineer for Caterpillar) and at the peak sold 180 cords/yr. He was always more than straight and had a heck of a time getting out of the business because customers were begging him to keep doing a little just for them. He even sold to local Cracker Barrels.

I have cut and split a battleship load in my life.

IMG_0910.jpeg

Spring finally sprung today so I went to the range and blasted up a couple of hundred rounds of misc. 9mm ammo through my carry gun and my home defense gun. Attached is a pic of the church in Jeffery City (south my home about 60 miles). Photo by Tebra Morris.
jeffrey city tebra morris.jpg

Spring finally sprung today so I went to the range and blasted up a couple of hundred rounds of misc. 9mm ammo through my carry gun and my home defense gun. Attached is a pic of the church in Jeffery City (south my home about 60 miles). Photo by Tebra Morris.
View attachment 8117449
If this be spring, boy would I hate to see your winters.