• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

New gas cans with the EPA designed nozzles are proof that anything the government touches it fucks up.

Sirhr
Ai13_Billet_Products_Race_Nozzle_VP_Utility_Jug_6_1400x.png
FuelChurn.jpg

Feds can go fuk

Last edited:
Bunch of people around me are getting into guns and they have asked me what to get.

Knowing they won't train I have suggested revolvers and as their intent is to carry them I specifically recommend old Smith and Wesson J Models......not the new scandium ones older ones - pre lock made of steel.

My thinking is there is very little immediate action to train into - if it doesn't fire on the first trigger pull, pullit again.

And I say old steel because if they do shoot it will sting their hands less and they are basically unwanted and can be had cheap. The majority were night table guns that get sold by estate agents and where I shop they look brand new. They were also probably built as hand fit smooth guns vs edm cut or mim.
I tell anybody who is "Just now getting into guns" that they should just leave all that to the uniformed (while I pat their hand reassuringly). I don't want untrained idiots, or former lefites who haven't given up their agenda, armed, and trained. They now have the exact environment they voted for, let them live with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: gigamortis
Amazon sells kits that have 5 new nozzles that fit on the cans to convert them to a less pain in the ass experience. I would never buy those, just passing along info to my brothers. Cough, cough.....

Reactions: Keith E.
The lifetime warranty or forever whichever comes first doesn't seem to be anymore.
Replacement warranty is REALLY useful at 1 in the morning as you break a socket finishing the job up......
I'd rather buy good tools and tell everyone who wants to borrow them to fuck right off.

Replacement warranty is REALLY useful at 1 in the morning as you break a socket finishing the job up......
I'd rather buy good tools and tell everyone who wants to borrow them to fuck right off.
It's funny how the Snap-on/Matco guy never comes around when you have a broken tool.

The lifetime warranty or forever whichever comes first doesn't seem to be anymore.
No, maybe on their highest end tools there is. My dad used to go to garage sales and get tools. Snap on, matco, craftsman, good or broken, then take the busted ones in for warranty replacements. He had a decent set of tools, especially good for a home diy’er.

@LeftyJason

I will check the country of Origin on my new wrenches when I get home.
Needed a set of commie end/ratcheting wrenches and got an 11 piece Craftsman set at my local Ace.

For sure not US made and the few times I have used them, they have been excellent.
Im an average dude who does an above average amount of working on my own vehicles and taking care of stuff around the house.
Do have some nice old Craftsman US socket sets, SK tools, and other end wrenches to compare them to.
So far, so good.
And not doing anything crazy
garage journal has a forum with a thread of lists of tool truck brands with the actual companies that make em

Just an FYI

M

Why farming used to be a lot more fun…

View attachment 8228118

Sirhr

Back in my days on the farm we cleaned out some pasture for more farm ground. Mesquite trees and hand tools, Grubbing hoe, ax, and shovel. Lot of hard work involved. Later dynamite was employed for some stubborn post holes.

After becoming a welder I had to travel long distances to some leases and bought a GI can to carry extra gasoline. Eventually along came the safety man to inspect my rig to see if I was carrying anything dangerous. The GI can had to go although I pointed out that we had successful fought WW II with them. No go, I still had to go to an EPA safety can. Back then that consisted of a round can that took up more room, a short spout with a spring loaded cover that had to be held open and a screen inside the spout that caused the gas to slowly gurgle out and required a funnel to prevent spilling most of it's contents. As soon as the safety guy checked my new can I took a piece of rod and a hammer and knocked the screen out and cut off a piece of hose so I could siphon gas out of the can instead of spilling a lot of it on me and what I was trying to pour the gas into. Safety guy never caught onto to me bypassing the EPA.

Along with the gas can thing he brought up that oxygen and acetylene bottles had to be separated by 10' so we might have to look at that on my truck. I handed him a tape measure and told him to figure how it could be done and I would do it. Now he was smarter than the average safety person that got their job by not being very good at anything else so was shuffled out the way. In fact we were pretty good friends. He just handed my tape back and that was the end of the conversation. Eventually he became so disgusted with that job that he stepped down and became a roustabout, the lowest job the company had, and he was a good one as he came to our area and I got to watch him in action.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtrmn and MadDuner
Back in my days on the farm we cleaned out some pasture for more farm ground. Mesquite trees and hand tools, Grubbing hoe, ax, and shovel. Lot of hard work involved. Later dynamite was employed for some stubborn post holes.

After becoming a welder I had to travel long distances to some leases and bought a GI can to carry extra gasoline. Eventually along came the safety man to inspect my rig to see if I was carrying anything dangerous. The GI can had to go although I pointed out that we had successful fought WW II with them. No go, I still had to go to an EPA safety can. Back then that consisted of a round can that took up more room, a short spout with a spring loaded cover that had to be held open and a screen inside the spout that caused the gas to slowly gurgle out and required a funnel to prevent spilling most of it's contents. As soon as the safety guy checked my new can I took a piece of rod and a hammer and knocked the screen out and cut off a piece of hose so I could siphon gas out of the can instead of spilling a lot of it on me and what I was trying to pour the gas into. Safety guy never caught onto to me bypassing the EPA.

Along with the gas can thing he brought up that oxygen and acetylene bottles had to be separated by 10' so we might have to look at that on my truck. I handed him a tape measure and told him to figure how it could be done and I would do it. Now he was smarter than the average safety person that got their job by not being very good at anything else so was shuffled out the way. In fact we were pretty good friends. He just handed my tape back and that was the end of the conversation. Eventually he became so disgusted with that job that he stepped down and became a roustabout, the lowest job the company had, and he was a good one as he came to our area and I got to watch him in action.

I bought one of the “much touted” Rotopax cans for my bike trip. The flat red ones that are hanging like leeches off the sides of tricked out Land Cruisers at mall parking lots across suburbia. Had a long stretch (400km) of no gas and they recommend a can. Though I was pretty confident my almost-11 gallon Dakar tank was up to the distance… hey, can’t hurt. So mounted to the back and put about 1.5 gallons in “just in case” before the long section.

Ok… so go about 200 km and it’s break time. I want to put the gas in the tank so it’s not hanging off the back and being a safety hazard.

WTF.

The nozzle on that thing won’t work. It has locks. It has pop-off parts. It has a non-removeable plastic Screen inside (when you fill it, it shoots gas out on you)… and when I tried to fill, I could not get gas to come out… but it leaked all around the nozzle.

Finally took off the $&#%+ing useless spout. Turned the can on its side and slowly poured into my bike.

What a piece of garbage. $80 plus a $45 mounting kit… for a two gallon reserve… and it doesn’t $&@^%#ing work for crap. It’s Jeep eye candy… Bronco Bait… Tacoma trash for man buns who want to look all rugged. They probably fill them with Bud Light or Kale juice.

Just total poseur garbage to hang off your bugout wanna-be vehicle.

Not that I’ll need it again (maybe in Alaska) but when I get home I am going to punch out the stupid screen… and machine a spout that has a rubber hose on it.

Never… buy a goddamned Rotopax. Now every time I see one, I am going to know poseur. And will be embarrassed to even use mine. Proof that idiots Don’t have to work for the government to screw up a gas can. They can be private sector losers as well!!!

I bet Audi Drivers buy them by the metric ton.

Sirhr

I bought one of the “much touted” Rotopax cans for my bike trip. The flat red ones that are hanging like leeches off the sides of tricked out Land Cruisers at mall parking lots across suburbia. Had a long stretch (400km) of no gas and they recommend a can. Though I was pretty confident my almost-11 gallon Dakar tank was up to the distance… hey, can’t hurt. So mounted to the back and put about 1.5 gallons in “just in case” before the long section.

Ok… so go about 200 km and it’s break time. I want to put the gas in the tank so it’s not hanging off the back and being a safety hazard.

WTF.

The nozzle on that thing won’t work. It has locks. It has pop-off parts. It has a non-removeable plastic Screen inside (when you fill it, it shoots gas out on you)… and when I tried to fill, I could not get gas to come out… but it leaked all around the nozzle.

Finally took off the $&#%+ing useless spout. Turned the can on its side and slowly poured into my bike.

What a piece of garbage. $80 plus a $45 mounting kit… for a two gallon reserve… and it doesn’t $&@^%#ing work for crap. It’s Jeep eye candy… Bronco Bait… Tacoma trash for man buns who want to look all rugged. They probably fill them with Bud Light or Kale juice.

Not that I’ll need it again (maybe in Alaska) but when I get home I am going to punch out the stupid screen… and machine a spout that has a rubber hose on it.

Never… buy a goddamned Rotopax. Now every time I see one, I am going to know poseur. And will be embarrassed to even use mine. Proof that idiots Don’t have to work for the government to screw up a gas can. They can be private sector losers as well!!!

Sirhr

I had to convert kilometers to miles and found that is about the distance to about anywhere in my area so I don't worry about carrying spare fuel anymore. I can always make the drive without adding any fuel. My current SUV can do around 450 miles depending on conditions before you are in danger of running out of gas. Something like your experience would make me want to take the thing and give the designer a beat down with it, not that I would. Engineers should have to spend 5 years at the very least using what they are going to improve on before being allowed to design anything. Back when I could do my own automotive work I extended that to 10 years.

The problem is comon sense is that far gone

If someone these days said i had comon sense i wouldnt be happy with that at all...

Lowest comon denominator is why we cant have nice things!

I say let people make their own mistakes because if we are held to the lowest comon denominator as a species we are screwed.

Imagine your whole life treated as a 5 yr old

That seems to be what they want and im having none of it :)

WTF.

Sirhr
It's not the manufacturer's fault that the gas cans are fucked up. It's the lawyers and the government. All the safety warnings emblazoned on them and some dumbass Velcro sneaker wearing retard is going to do something stooopid and then run to the ambulance chasers. Then the government office pog (probably another lawyer) writes up more mandates for a gas can.
I watched a guy walk up to a gas pump and fill a two gallon can. He tucked it under his arm as he walked away. Three steps away from the pump and he sticks a cigarette in his mouth and starts flicking a Bic lighter. Somehow that dumbass didn't turn into a flaming torch.
We are getting screwed because of the least common denominator

WTF.

Sirhr
You headed to that circular lake just south of your last location?

What was that volcano or meteor crater?

Last edited:
These fuel containers flow decent. No screens or restrictors. Probably don’t splash back at you when re-filling em. I’ve only emptied them.

You just need a good funnel and decent arm strength. 🤣

And they are free when you buy the fuel😁

1694896340607.jpeg

I have 8 of the Rural King “utility jugs”. They used to be 19.99, think they’re 21.99 now but come with spout and are a great value. I think they’re better than VP myself.

Reactions: Ichi
'Deys some shitty 'drawz in dat bus.
When on my last trip to Ecuador, we took a bus up into the Andes on a dirt road very much like that one. While it did not get quite that sketchy, it was extremely sketchy and at one point we had to get out of the bus and form a human chain to use rocks to build a part of the road back that had been washed out by heavy rain.

That driver had balls of iron, and is extremely good at what he does. We also had a flat once we made it to asphalt and we jumped out and changed the tire. Quite the spirit of cooperation on that trip.

We built a village a nice church and made a lot of friends.

Random Snaps (100).jpeg
Random Snaps (101).jpeg

Building the road back

People (124).jpeg
People (122).jpeg

Today was saw cleaning, sharpening and appreciation day!

Deep cleaned the 440, good cleaned the 3 newcomers. The 362C got a new rope, it also needs a bar cause I swapped the 24 from it to my 440 😎New dual port muffler for the 440.

The 20” bar on the 261 is just worn out beyond what dressing could fix. So gotta decide on what length I want to go back with….thinking 18” .325.

Few little parts needed here and there but all in all the fleet is great.

Ole 440 cleans up well

IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1610.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg