• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

C2694C2A-0F3B-4E54-81E8-6A43B253E819.jpeg

Certainly a complex vehicle for sure.
Not recommended for the mechanically inept.

Kind of like this pick-up truck.
If you were to hand the keys over to this fine running 100% mechanically functioning vehicle with every part currently working most people today would have it driven off the road crashed into the ditch a tree or a rock and broke down within a matter of miles.
Or they would hand it back to you in a completely useless condition with the clutch burnt out of it.

IMG_5200.jpeg

You sir have lived some interesting adventures.
Did you guys just kind of camp out along the road maybe in a tent?
What was it that prompted your father to take his entire family with him to Alaska?
It’s amazing what our fathers were able to accomplish. They were true men of ingenuity.
Dad was career Air Force (after serving in the Navy in WW2 Pacific. He was Electrician's Mate, and ran radios for the SeaBees, in Second wave (right after the Marines) on every Island we attacked. I have photos of him digging bunkers just past the beach on a couple of different Islands. After serving in Occupied Japan, he enlisted in the Air Force. We lived at Edwards AFB where he was on the X-15 project. I met Joe Kinchlo, Scott Crossfield, and Col Yeager ruffled my hair the way the old guys did back in the late 50's. He later worked on the B58 Hustler, then transferred to Alaska. We voted to drive rather than take the MATS flight. The small diner/hotels, were spaced about a day drive apart. There were lakeside cabins, spaced about lunchtime apart in between. So we'd stop for lunch, eat by a lake shore or in one of those lodge sized log cabins for passing travelers, (complete with several picnic tables and a giant wood stove), We'd eat our manifold heated Dinty Moore, then push on to the next motel. He'd make an arrangment for a large room or two small ones, and us kids would cadge a few dimes from my mom to play the jukebox. Mule Skinner blues, and the Chipmonk song were our favorites, and by Tok Junction my dad forbade us playing either one. We switched to Purple People eater and Yakety Sax.
We'd been to Yosemite, and camped in the forests of California, so being in the trees wasn't new to us, but seeing miles and miles of forest day after day, left an impression on my brothers and me.

Dad was career Air Force (after serving in the Navy in WW2 Pacific. He was Electrician's Mate, and ran radios for the SeaBees, in Second wave (right after the Marines) on every Island we attacked. I have photos of him digging bunkers just past the beach on a couple of different Islands. After serving in Occupied Japan, he enlisted in the Air Force. We lived at Edwards AFB where he was on the X-15 project. I met Joe Kinchlo, Scott Crossfield, and Col Yeager ruffled my hair the way the old guys did back in the late 50's. He later worked on the B58 Hustler, then transferred to Alaska. We voted to drive rather than take the MATS flight. The small diner/hotels, were spaced about a day drive apart. There were lakeside cabins, spaced about lunchtime apart in between. So we'd stop for lunch, eat by a lake shore or in one of those lodge sized log cabins for passing travelers, (complete with several picnic tables and a giant wood stove), We'd eat our manifold heated Dinty Moore, then push on to the next motel. He'd make an arrangment for a large room or two small ones, and us kids would cadge a few dimes from my mom to play the jukebox. Mule Skinner blues, and the Chipmonk song were our favorites, and by Tok Junction my dad forbade us playing either one. We switched to Purple People eater and Yakety Sax.
We'd been to Yosemite, and camped in the forests of California, so being in the trees wasn't new to us, but seeing miles and miles of forest day after day, left an impression on my brothers and me.
Something online with pictures and an explanation along with the pictures would be great.
You seem well learned conversed and write in the English language.
That history would be greatly appreciated if shared.

Where I grew up it was bucking hay and moving irrigation pipe.
Started my boys off at 8 in the hayfield
Raking,move up to mowing, finally graduated to baler tractor.
Rest of ranch work as soon as they could ride a horse by themselves, they went along.
Gave them a few hundred dollars each year to spend however they wanted
When they turned 14, I bought them their first pickup, 2 77's and one '79 Ford
Once they had wheels, they hired out and "made real money" 😄🤠

Last edited:
Had a friend who had an original civic/cvcc in high school back in the early 80s. A couple times a week we'd pick it up and move it a few spaces away from where he parked just for fun. As more guys got in on the prank we'd move it further away.

One Friday there was about a dozen of us and he'd parked in the back of the school near the baseball diamonds. We managed to get it over the four foot chain link fence and put it on the pitcher's mound.

He actually thought it was pretty funny knowing we'd put it back but the baseball coach, principal, etc., were not amused at all. We all got a "day off" for the shenanigans which was a way better outcome than a fist full of detentions.

Reactions: Lawless
Certainly a complex vehicle for sure.
Not recommended for the mechanically inept.

Kind of like this pick-up truck.
If you were to hand the keys over to this fine running 100% mechanically functioning vehicle with every part currently working most people today would have it driven off the road crashed into the ditch a tree or a rock and broke down within a matter of miles.
Or they would hand it back to you in a completely useless condition with the clutch burnt out of it.

View attachment 8285484
I had an '85 W-350. 360 4spd. I hated the 16.5" wheels. Sold it to a friend and he flipped it being an idoit.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI