• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

I have wanted a decent old type long comb and most are really ratty.
This is SO tempting.

I have surprised myself in running my adjustable at max opening.

Initially it was good to be able to close the blade down as a I learned the technique but now that I have it pretty well mastered Im up to position 9 for max blade exposure.

Guessing those long comb razors give you more exposure?

I have surprised myself in running my adjustable at max opening.

Initially it was good to be able to close the blade down as a I learned the technique but now that I have it pretty well mastered Im up to position 9 for max blade exposure.

Guessing those long comb razors give you more exposure?
Depends on the design but generally yes. It would probably be more of a decoration.

EdY5R0VWoAA06OG_jpg-1514749.JPG

My Gillette Fatboy from the 1950s

View attachment 7381029

Decided to go double edge in response to Gillettes campaign against "toxic masculinity".

Best grooming decision ever!

Shaving for me is now the experience chicks get sitting in a tub with rose petals, scented candles and chamomile tea.

Wait! , sounds like Gillette won :).
Need to try a quality straight razor!

Agree with the woman getting the nice bubble baths and all that jazz.....but there is something about lathering up the face and using a basic razor for a shave.

What brush are you using? Have a couple of knots, silver badger real and a synthetic, I am working on using antler for a handle.

Need to try a quality straight razor!

Agree with the woman getting the nice bubble baths and all that jazz.....but there is something about lathering up the face and using a basic razor for a shave.

What brush are you using? Have a couple of knots, silver badger real and a synthetic, I am working on using antler for a handle.

Brush is some sort of Italian made synthetic.

Unsure if I'm sophisticated enough to appreciate a fine brush.

Im finding I like using a shave oil base and this style cream.....

https://www.clubmanonline.com/clubman-classic-barber-shave-cream.html

for shaving.

It's not really brush friendly more of a wipe on product.

I have used Arko soap and a few different cremes. Like Arko the best.

This is supposed to be excellent but it is 2x the price of the Arko.

My brush is a good synthetic but I can’t remember a name. I have 2 identical ones, keep one at the place in the mountains.

No freeloading...
Taken in Ecuador.

08EFC6CF-22DD-4CF6-9A6B-DED47512505F.jpeg

I get "leaks" using the typical brush applied cake soaps.

My man grooming routine is shower to soften the beard, hot towels on the face while filling the sink with hot water, beard oil base than that Pinaud cream or Cremo shave cream.

The razor slips across my face irritation/cut free.

Finish the shave by rinsing off with cold water.

After shave balm. Done.

I shave at night, preferring not to have fresh debrided skin during the day.

Enjoy the routine if I have time and only time I dont have the time is if I work a double or Im on vacation and not packing extra gear - than its a disposable.

Cant recommend DE shaving enough. Straight razor must be fantastic but not ready to go there.

Reactions: woogie_man
Not to derail this thread, but the Hide was responsible for me learning all about the joys of straight razor and DE safety razors. I think this was the post from the way, way back machine. Ended up spending almost as much time on the badger and blade site as this time suck of a forum.

www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/boys-becoming-men-shaving.85759/
The Badger and blade forum is a great resource.

Personally, I have an old gold Gillette ball end that I love. I have had good luck with the Gillette Platinum blades. My son likes the Astras. (bought him a razor as a classic DE makes an excellent gift.) Creams I prefer are Taylor of old bond Street and soaps I like Tabac. Still using a cheaper badger brush but will likely get a silver badger next.

Now I have to go buy another razor. My 17 yo daughter kept bitching about her plastic razors so I gave her a fresh blade and my Gillette DE and told her to shut up and go try this instead with badger brush and cream. I never got it back. Little turd has claimed it as her own, and she likes the Feather blades the best.

If you go the route of a DE safety razor I recommend buying one of those assortment packs of blades so you can try all the different manufacturers. Out of those you will find one that works the best with your hair and skin type. No different than the old What pistol should I buy question. Get what fits you and you shave the best with.

Now back to your awesome picture thread.

Last edited:
I get "leaks" using the typical brush applied cake soaps.

My man grooming routine is shower to soften the beard, hot towels on the face while filling the sink with hot water, beard oil base than that Pinaud cream or Cremo shave cream.

The razor slips across my face irritation/cut free.

Finish the shave by rinsing off with cold water.

After shave balm. Done.

I shave at night, preferring not to have fresh debrided skin during the day.

Enjoy the routine if I have time and only time I dont have the time is if I work a double or Im on vacation and not packing extra gear - than its a disposable.

Cant recommend DE shaving enough. Straight razor must be fantastic but not ready to go there.
Get an alum block to rub on your face after shaving and weepers stop immediately. I used “The Green Block”, you can get it on Amazon or EBay. Follow with the balm. Tightens your skin and disinfects it too.

Reactions: pmclaine
I just keep a styptic pen handy for those times you have an oopsie or rush the beard prep. Some guys use a pre shave oil, some don't. I generally don't , but an oil can keep you from having leaks also.
Get an alum block to rub on your face after shaving and weepers stop immediately. I used “The Green Block”, you can get it on Amazon or EBay. Follow with the balm. Tightens your skin and disinfects it too.

Found a bunch of Virginia Creeper vine in a shrub bed today at a rental house and went about pulling it all out. I froze when I saw 3 leaves mixed in, in one little place. Upon closer examination it appears Virginia Creeper can have sections with 3 leaves instead of 5 and mimics Poison Ivy pretty well at first blush.

I’ve never seen this before. Pretty cool.

View attachment 7380127

And when Poison Ivy is also mixed in with the Virginia creeper... be careful.

And when Poison Ivy is also mixed in with the Virginia creeper... be careful.
Yeah I see “the trifecta“ a lot at neglected rentals...Virginia Creeper, Poison Ivy and Wild Grape all growing in toxic harmony.
I’m ”The Fixer” for a few rental management companies when it comes to outside stuff and complete cleanouts when they bail in the middle of the night and leave all their junk behind.

When I show up, tenants know they done messed up.

Funny. Mine looks more like SureFire 60 rd mags.

Headed to SD tomorrow.
They used to have a big sign at the border that said “animal rights activists not welcome”. Wont be too close to the Res, so should be good.

Interesting, I have had some of the type I pictured get on my face and it burns. I’m not spraying myself in the eyes....even in the cause of science.

Maybe carb spray LOL.