• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1626453096601.png

Thousand Island Lake. John Muir Wilderness.

View attachment 7669618
Spent a ton of time there. almost an entire summer one year. Deep into August still had snow on the slopes above. Around the corner from that shoulder inthe middle of the image is Iceberg lake, a small tarn with some nice golden trout in it (at least there were in 1972/73). Explored all over that country. Caught a lot of Brookies in September when they were spawning, and a lot of wild Rainbows. My favorite hang. Camped mostly along that low outcropping at water's edge, on the right hand side of the photo. Not far from there, the water dropped deep, with the edges ofhte lake like a submerged quarry, where the glaciers had cut the living rock. A fishing pole in one hand and Muir's book in my back pocket, it was an amazing few summers, but the long summer was my best.