• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RTH1800

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2009
    Midwest
    Not a huge movie fan. I did watch the last hour or so of Fury.
    It was ok and might have been better had I seen it all.
    A couple of things stood out to me. When the SS group was marching down the road they were shown with several Panzerfaust. When they reached the crossroads they tackled the tank with small arms. What happened to the Panzerfaust? Why were they not used? They would have made short work of the tank of course. Also, why did the attackers not drop in a grenade when the tank was first opened? Either way end of story.

It is an appallingly stupid movie... Nothing in it is real. It is a game of Call of Doom played out with that idiot blonde acting all gritty.

A movie made for the Millennial generation that cannot sit still for 5 minutes of dialog... and must have laser beams shot at them all the time for every second or their ADHD kicks in and they get triggered.

Don't bother watching it... analyzing it... renting it... recording it. The only good thing I can say is that there was no Interpretive Dance scene (see my comment on Entebbe). You are far better off reading a good 'bio. Or watching some of the good (translated) Soviet Documentaries about Kursk or the big sweeping tank battles on the steppes.

Fury is an abortion.

Cheers,

Sirhr

That SS dude would have shot the American under the tank in the face and laughed while doing it.

Last edited:
    Must admit I feared for a second @rth1800 was going to tell us he was the one on the left........

1595531712289.png

What a difference an extra "r" would make?

had possibilities but i think they tried/reached too far

if they would have not tried to wrap it in a bow for a proper hollywood ending it could have been decent

good thing my grand uncle isnt around, he was a sherman driver

he would yell at the TV when crappy war movies came on, but he would still watch lol

Not a huge movie fan. I did watch the last hour or so of Fury.
    It was ok and might have been better had I seen it all.
    A couple of things stood out to me. When the SS group was marching down the road they were shown with several Panzerfaust. When they reached the crossroads they tackled the tank with small arms. What happened to the Panzerfaust? Why were they not used? They would have made short work of the tank of course. Also, why did the attackers not drop in a grenade when the tank was first opened? Either way end of story.

UMMM why didnt they flank it by sending a squad 200 yards to the side and walk up behind it?

i know why....its a shit movie

Reactions: RTH1800
    Just saying for a friend. I worked with a guy, who knew someone, who's grandfather was actually in WWII. He said people don't know shit about it anyway and it's just a movie, so enjoy.

Reactions: Ruger1300
    My mother in law has an infuriating habit of asking questions in the middle of movies she knows I/we haven’t seen- like in the theater... Anyway, the only appropriate answer to any “why” question about logic pertaining a movie is “in order to further the plot...” That’s it. No big secret. Why didn’t they flank the tank? To further the plot. Why didn’t they use the panzerfausts? To further the plot. Why are all of the characters doing incomprehensible things throughout the entirety of the movie? To further the plot.

Not every war flick has to be historically accurate. Sometimes a nice fantasy piece is good too. I really wanted to like this movie. It was just tough with the overall lack of story. it could have been so much more but they opted for the quick money and didn't put the time in to make a great movie about life as tanker during WW2.

The only good thing with the movie Fury is that one gets to see the only functioning Panzerkampfwagen VI, namely Tiger 131, in a movie for the first time.
    The TTP in that scene however, just BS and not even close how either a stalking solo German tank nor a American tank platoon would react.

Reactions: Bangarang
    Tactics, especially as pointed out for the Americans v Tiger, wasn't spot on. But also to remember, when the Americans were in Germany in 1945 the Germans were scraping the bottom to get people in uniform. So an SS unit isn't going to be the elites we bumped into during Market Garden or even the Bulge. So even if the SS unit was marching towards you, most goose steppers are not the best Germany has. Many were old timers and youngsters pressed into service. As a side note: JoJo Rabbit did a good job of representing a last ditch defense of a German town. Also, Panzerfausts, 'Schrecks, and even Bazookas were not known for accuracy. 100 meters is iffy. You need to cut that in half to be sure. But an immobilized Sherman would be a road bump, not block against a unit that has any competant leadership. And who knows, maybe the SS had their version of a butter bar and that unit's senior Sgt was from admin....

Overall, I liked it. And have the Blu-Ray in it's collector's tin.

I have the movie also; it have an entertainment value for sure.
    But it do not represent anything close to real scenario; checking on several historic discussions forums and not even last ditch Third Reich would venture out in company plus size suicide runs.

they would be under a command structure and would be on march to either take or hold a given terrain and not just go Leeroy Jenkins on a random enemy unit on the way:LOL:

Some people use Carius, Meyer, Rudel, Hartmann, Gottleib and others as the standard by which they judge German proficiency at warfare.

Some people have watched enough movies to know that our troops fired heat seeking bullets at Col Klink and Sgt Schultz.

• Haha
    Reactions: Pinch_NO
    The movie gets a lot of hate but I thought it captured the small unit sentiment that is found in the Army really REALLY well. The set was coached by actual tankers on demeanor and vocab. I really appreciated that part of the movie.