Near miss

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
Finland
Does anyone have one of these?

FX Radar

It can read muzzle velocities up to 1300fps.
It will maintain statistics like sd/es on your phone.
Looks like a very good package for 22LR usage.

Even it only reads the MV, or another way to put it, shows only one value, the user could put this unit near the target at 25, 50 and 100yds and probably get straight numbers of the bullet passing, thus giving the user some kind of ballistic information. Like comparing the real terminal velocity against the ballistic engine's data.

But even the MV alone is very useful for judging lots and backing up dope data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rover31

7mMike

Heavy Hauler
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2017
Nh/Vt
I didn’t know fx made one of these. If it’s like there air rifles I bet it works well.

Near miss

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
Finland
If it was some cheap manufacturer, I would have hard time counting on it. But this seems promising.

7mMike

Heavy Hauler
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2017
Nh/Vt
I use the jkl 22 adapter for my LabRadar. And that’s works well. E4A72AAB-CFEC-48BD-B726-E2B192985D40.jpeg

gkgeiger

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2020
NE Ohio, SW FL.
I have one (the FX unit) and it works great with my .22lr rimfire. The only problem I have is they no longer include the tripod adapter. If anyone has one they aren't using I will buy it.

Sport67

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2020
I have one used only on my air rifles. It works will and seems to read slightly different fps compared to my magnetospeed v3.

You can use the vblock and a couple of rubber bands to hold it in place.

I would recommend it for air rifles until comparing it to my v3 on a rimfire.

gkgeiger

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2020
NE Ohio, SW FL.
I have one used only on my air rifles. It works will and seems to read slightly different fps compared to my magnetospeed v3.

You can use the vblock and a couple of rubber bands to hold it in place.

I would recommend it for air rifles until comparing it to my v3 on a rimfire.
The problem is, I don't want to use the vblock. I have a tuner on my rifle and I don't want to hang anything on the barrel.

Sport67

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2020
I have the MPA with the magnetospeed adapter and a simple way to attach the fx is and option.

Velcro and some type adjustable base would work too.

ccollier

Belligerents
Nov 28, 2009
Warm Springs, GA
I have one (the FX unit) and it works great with my .22lr rimfire. The only problem I have is they no longer include the tripod adapter. If anyone has one they aren't using I will buy it.
I just bought one new earlier this week (Ordered on-line July 2nd). It came with the new barrel V-block installed but also had the tripod adapter in the box. Just took 4 screws out and swap them only took a minute to do.

gkgeiger

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2020
NE Ohio, SW FL.
I just bought one new earlier this week (Ordered on-line July 2nd). It came with the new barrel V-block installed but also had the tripod adapter in the box. Just took 4 screws out and swap them only took a minute to do.
I understand that, I got mine yesterday and no adapter. As I said you can’t get one either.