• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lawofsavage

Deplorable
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Just looking for a little advice from guys who have done this before. I recently graduated and I'm getting myself a present. Don't have any plans for competition I just want something fun to shoot. What I know is I want it to be a G17 Gen4 with a milled slide to accept a RMR. I also know I want a 3.5# trigger and to get the finger grooves taken off as well as stipling the grips.

My question is what trigger would y'all go with and who would you suggest do the work. I know just shipping it off to somebody like Bowie Tactical would be a good option or I could try to get a local gunsmith to do it.

Re: G17 Gen4 RMR

The other reputable company I know of to do the mill work is ate http://ateiguns.com/

I personally do not have any pistols with their work done, but have worked on a few and shot some. Machine work looks clean, professional, and the turnaround times used to be pretty reasonable compared with Bowie's wait. However, within the last week or so they relesed the Costa Ludus edition of the m&p so those wait times may have changed a whole lot.

Also, gabe suarez is an advocate of the RMR package and I know they offer full G17 packages and complete slides with that setup at www.onesourcetactical.com.

Sent mine to Mark Housel at L&M Precision. Had it back in my hands in 7 days shipped USPS both ways. Couldn't be happier with the work.

G22s.jpg

Very nice Phylo and thanks for the information. That one on the left is almost exactly like what I had planned to do except I wanted to grind the finger grooves flat. I might have to add that magwell since I won't be carrying that's a good idea.

Great turnaround time on the work he did too. I've heard good things about him from some other places as well.

Has anyone used that slide where it's already milled from onesourcetactical that looks like a pretty easy solution?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, gabe suarez is an advocate of the RMR package and I know they offer full G17 packages and complete slides with that setup at www.onesourcetactical.com.
</div></div>

I would avoid Gabe Suarez and OST out of principle and the fact that you can find pretty much any thing he offers at much better prices elsewhere. Including the service for which this thread is about... I'd recommend going directly to the source of OST/Suarez's RMR slide design. Mark Housel did the original design and mill work for OST. They have since parted ways (go figure) but Mark still does slide work and for less cost than the super duper OST version of the same thing.

Check out http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/

I appreciate all the info and the posts, I decided to try the trijicon mount out first before I mill the slide because I probably won't keep the gun if I don't like the RMR on it. That way I can just sell everything if I don't like it and if I do then I can get the slide milled later.

Alamo Tactical, in San Antonio, TX, is doing RMR installs now. I shoot with them and they recently turned me on to the RMR equipped pistol concept. I am hooked.

They are also offering custom slide serrations, custom slide machining/lightening, laser etched artwork, fish-scale grip mod for Glocks, Cerakoting, and they just started hydro-dipped finishes, ala Multicam, Realtree,etc.

They've got alot of pictures of their work on the FB site, and they've done work for me. Contact for pics of anything you are curious about.

Phone +1 (210) 646-4GUN (4486)
Email [email protected]
Website http://www.AlamoTactical.com

or Alamo Tactical Gear and Training on Facebook.

I am a big fan of the RDS on handguns. Bowie did two M&Ps for me and I love the speed. I', not sure if you will truly appreciate the sight until you have the slide milled. It lowers the sight and gives you a better feel. Alos if your going to have the slide milled just let whoever you pick do the trigger at the same time.

I sent my g34 with barsto fitted barrel to One Source Tactical.
Best mod, I have ever done.
Not to hard to hit 100 yd shots on steel, gotten lucky on some 200 yd shots...