• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors G19/SWR Trident FTF

Creature

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2007
I'm using a Lone Wolf barrel that has around 500rds through it(past break in period) and a LCD Nelson Device. I have a 9mm AR with a 5.5in 3-lug bbl and it runs like a raped ape.

My WIN 231 load for my 9mm SBR is:

Win 231 3.9grs
cci mag primer
Mixed head
OAL 1.25(IIRC)

I tried this load today and it didn't work either:

Titegroup 3.4/3.5grs
cci mag primer
mix head

Any advice?

Re: G19/SWR Trident FTF

All loads work without the suppressor mounted. When I put the suppressor on it doesn't cycle the slide/eject brass.

I feel like a dumb ass asking about this as the simple answer seems to just add some juice to the loads but I'm near max pressure and I thought it would be wise to consult the hide.

is the lcd clean and lubed? alot of carbon from the ar platform.

With that neilson device attached it shout spit them out with ease. If your pistol functions with the load without the can as you state, it should definetly work with the can, check to see if the spring moves freely in the adapter with the neilson dev. then call SWR..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: birddog762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the lcd clean and lubed? alot of carbon from the ar platform. </div></div>

This,,,

The lcd needs to be cleaned after every outing, believe it or not. I didn't clean mine for awhile. Until I started getting a lot of malfunctions. They went away after I started cleaning it and lubing it every outing.
smile.gif

Guys, he is using the 3-LUG adapter on the AR. He is NOT using the LCD on the AR so the LCD isn't getting fouling from the AR.
wink.gif

Now, the point about cleaning the LCD is valid. However, is sounds like he (the OP) hasn't shot too much through the LCD in the first place. Thus, I doubt fouling is the problem.

Just because that barrel works fine without the suppressor doesn't mean it is not the cause of this problem with the suppressor attached. I've shot THOUSANDS of rounds through my G19s and LCD equipped Trident without problems and without cleaning the LCD. The only barrels I use are Jarvis and KKM though.

All aftermarket Glock barrels are reverse engineered. Some manufacturer's barrels lock up better than others.

To the OP, see if you can find someone local with another G19 barrel you can try. Or another suppressor. In the past when I've experienced other people's host/suppressor combination not working we always tried to first test a different suppressor on the host weapon. If that still failed the chances were the problem was in the host weapon somewhere. If it worked, we'd try the "questionable" suppressor on a second host. Are these options for you??

If you can't find someone local to help you, I am willing to send you a proven KKM barrel for you to try. You pay the shipping to and from but I'll let you hang onto it for up to a month.

Let me know if I can help.

One more thing I forgot to mention...

You might still want to try some factory subsonics FIRST. See if you can get some GA Arms 147-grain and Special-K 147-grain. These are mostly what I use even in subguns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, he is using the 3-LUG adapter on the AR. <span style="color: #FF0000">He is NOT using the LCD on the AR so the LCD isn't getting fouling from the AR.</span>
wink.gif

Now, the point about cleaning the LCD is valid. However, is sounds like he (the OP) hasn't shot too much through the LCD in the first place. Thus, I doubt fouling is the problem.

Just because that barrel works fine without the suppressor doesn't mean it is not the cause of this problem with the suppressor attached. I've shot THOUSANDS of rounds through my G19s and LCD equipped Trident without problems and without cleaning the LCD. The only barrels I use are Jarvis and KKM though.

</div></div>

Kind of figured that,,,
whistle.gif

I was just stating my experience. My reloads ran like crap, until I cleaned the lcd. I don't shoot as much as you. Probably only a box a session. But it ads up over time, others mileage may vary. But it's free to clean the lcd and try it out.

By the way, don't take offense if my tone sounds off. I know you are very knowledgeable and respected in the industry. Really, I am not tryin to be a smart arse. This just kind of sounded like my Glock/Trident experience as well.
wink.gif

Like I said above, not using the LCD on the AR.

BookHound: Thanks very much for the information and the offer to use your barrel. I think I'll play around with the load a little bit more and possibly give SWR a buzz on Monday. If everything fails I might take you up on the offer. Again, thanks a lot I appreciate it.

Do you load any of your subsonics or just stick to the Georgia Arms stuff? If you do load, would you mind sharing data(I know the whole start low, work up bit, don't worry)?

Thanks everyone for the help. If anyone had some sub-sonic 147gr loads that work great for you please let me know.

Hey Bookhound, if you don't mind me asking. How do your #2,3,& 4, baffles look, after putting so many rounds thru the trident? Is erosion the norm?

Thanks,,,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creature</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said above, not using the LCD on the AR.

BookHound: Thanks very much for the information and the offer to use your barrel. I think I'll play around with the load a little bit more and possibly give SWR a buzz on Monday. If everything fails I might take you up on the offer. Again, thanks a lot I appreciate it.

Do you load any of your subsonics or just stick to the Georgia Arms stuff? If you do load, would you mind sharing data(I know the whole start low, work up bit, don't worry)?

Thanks everyone for the help. If anyone had some sub-sonic 147gr loads that work great for you please let me know. </div></div>

No worries on the offer. Glad to do it.
smile.gif

On the loads I have never re-loaded for the 9mm stuff. Just never had time. It was always easier to buy things in bulk. Heck, there have been times I've had entire pallets of ammo show up at the house. LOL. I just never had the time and could get an okay price buying in large qty.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coyote223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Bookhound, if you don't mind me asking. How do your #2,3,& 4, baffles look, after putting so many rounds thru the trident? Is erosion the norm?

Thanks,,, </div></div>

Suppressors are wear parts. I honestly rarely look down the core to inspect anything. I also soak my pistol caliber cans in lacquer thinner about every 3K - 5K rounds to loosen up some of the carbon fouling. It helps a little.

If you are asking whether you'll see erosion in the core after several thousand rounds, then the answer is yes, depending on use. Some ammo is considerably dirtier than others. Longer barrels are more forgiving. MGs are hard on everything if you are running the gun hard, etc. Lots of variables.

Side note/recommendation: Alliant Power Pistol is a nice snappy 9mm powder. Much better performing than something like Hurco or Universal Clays. Don't know how subs would preform with it, but either way, you can't go wrong. I've convinced a number of die hard VV users to switch to Power Pistol and they've all been happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Side note/recommendation: Alliant Power Pistol is a nice snappy 9mm powder. Much better performing than something like Hurco or Universal Clays. Don't know how subs would preform with it, but either way, you can't go wrong. I've convinced a number of die hard VV users to switch to Power Pistol and they've all been happy. </div></div>

I've tried a Blue Dot load and it didn't work. Plus its dirty as hell. For that matter I haven't been able to get any load to shoot with Alliant powders: RL-15, RL-22, RL-25, Bluedot, anything. I might snag up a lb of this "power pistol" stuff. Do you have a specific load for 147gr 9mm bullets?

I used to use HS6 and a 124 Berrys plated hp..... 5.7 grains went acrossed the chrono around 1011fps at Ga state pistol championships. That was in my Glock 17 Gen 2 completely factory and stock and worked fine.

Never ran it thru a suppressor.

My new load is 3.8 of Titegroup under the 124 and gets just about the same fps.

Load wise I've had a lot of success with Vv N320 3.6 grains under a Precision Delta 147 FMJ in Winchester brass. This runs will in a Glock 17 with Trident. Also runs great in M16/9mm 5.5" 3lug.

I also load 3.9 of Vv N320 under a Precision Delta 124 FMJ through the above setups. Heck, I liked the 124 load so much I started running it in my Glock 34 for USPSA matches. I'm getting about 1030 FPS though the Glock 34 (Storm Lake barrel) at 300 ft ASL in 85 degree weather with the chrono 12ft from muzzle. Plus the 124s are cheaper and my preferred weight for USPSA load.

I tried several different powder combinations and some would run fine without the suppressed but no go once the can was screwed on. It's a burn rate/pressure curve thing, I believe.

I've tried a lot of different powders and the N320 load by far produced the least amount of gas blow back out of the M16/9mm. I'm getting a little off subject but some powders I tried produced so much noxious fumes it made the M16 nearly unshootable with the happy switch engaged.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creature</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Side note/recommendation: Alliant Power Pistol is a nice snappy 9mm powder. Much better performing than something like Hurco or Universal Clays. Don't know how subs would preform with it, but either way, you can't go wrong. I've convinced a number of die hard VV users to switch to Power Pistol and they've all been happy. </div></div>

I've tried a Blue Dot load and it didn't work. Plus its dirty as hell. For that matter I haven't been able to get any load to shoot with Alliant powders: RL-15, RL-22, RL-25, Bluedot, anything. I might snag up a lb of this "power pistol" stuff. Do you have a specific load for 147gr 9mm bullets? </div></div>

Alliant calls for 5 gr. behind a Speer GDHP. I'm using 4 gr. behind ~ 147gr+/- lead projos cast from wheel weights for UZI fodder. Power Pistol is a good clean powder, I think all the shotgun powders I've tried have been dirty. Like I said, every one I've turned onto Power Pistol have been happy with the results.