• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Gain twist fluting, variable twists, automated code generation.

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    This has been an after hours project that guys have been working on. Goes like this:

Go to site, choose it. Game out your desired rate of twist and the progression. Select it, close the deal. The code generates automatically and is stored via your SO number. Once your barrel arrives (or a blank we have in stock) it's loaded and Kalyb simply pulls the SO and hits "cycle smash".

It's that easy. The front end code work is 99.9% there. Building it into the store to follow shortly.

Kinda cool. Were not the first to offer this particular style, but I do think were breaking ground in that we are offering it as a truly flexible system that you (client) desides exactly how it plays out.

Fun stuff.

This is one of a few test pieces done on take offs.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      133 KB · Views: 255
    Looks badass but wouldn't the gain twist be in the opposite direction inside?

And that's what a 8:1 to 100:1?

Could you even do something like that inside?

Reactions: gnochi and Rutter
    Here's a vid clip we did last night. A few small changes remain. Gotta get rid of the G53's at the end of each pass.

I"m not very good at posting vid clips from FB to forum so I apologize for this thing looking stupid with a bunch of extra clutter.

<div class="fb-video" data-href="" data-width="500" data-show-text="false"><blockquote cite="" class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href=""></a><p></p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/LongRiflesInc/">Longrifles, Inc.</a> on Friday, June 28, 2019</blockquote></div>

Heres the deal.

Drink whiskey and dream up some crazy stuff for a rifle.
    Ask Mr Dixon if he can do it.

“We do not offer that, yet” is his reply.
    Then in a short time, he will call you and be able to do it.

All bets off if your idea is stupid or dangerous.

Reactions: gnochi
    I love making chips Do not have a CNC like that maybe some day but I do not really do the same thing ever HA HA sill harley engines for set up are all different . But if you dont mind one threading I do right hand thread back wards as I fear i will not get it stopped in time manual lathe . Is there a better way ? This works for me but need to be very clear headed while doing to and running it the opposite way of normal . not a gun smith I machine engine parts 99% of the time

Why'd you do it...bc you could. Get a patent on it before ER Shaw sees it lol!

I like it. As a custom painter in my side business, I could see some trick paint on that. Black Semi-gloss outer with matte black flutes comes to mind. ???

Reactions: LRI and gnochi