• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAMER CHANGER TESLONG BORE SCOPE!!! -- FINALLY A QUALITY REASONABLY PRICED BORE SCOPE!

My Rifle, a PVA building on TL3 Action on a Rock Creek 26" 308 Win barrel 9 twist, AICS AXMC Chassis which usually shoots .5- .4 MOA all day. I have about 120 shoots thru it.
This is my first time ever I shoot rifles.
It has a Timney two stage trigger set to 1,5lbs so I disassembled the chassis and set it to 12Oz.
I was shooting the same brass for the second time with the 335 bushing.
I noted the tension varies too much when I was seating te bullets, some I could take it out with my bare hand, so I placed a 334 bushing .
Now my groups has increase a lot, to .75- .8 MOA and I have a lot variables...
Barrel soot, chassis assembled incorrectly ( I torque it at 55LBS front screw and 45 LBS back screw), brass inconsistency, trigger weight change soI am trying to remove the variables.

I annealed the Brass and check the measures again, cleaned the barrel which was very dirt and have this image:
Is the first image a carbon ring?
Is it clean or does I need to remove it?
I watch a lot of tutorials and my patch leave the barrel very clean.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-04-05 às 17.18.27.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-04-05 às 17.18.27.png
    359.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Captura de Tela 2020-04-05 às 17.18.36.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-04-05 às 17.18.36.png
    391.7 KB · Views: 155
Reactions: DubfromGA
Here is one from the barrel's end:

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-04-05 às 17.23.01.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-04-05 às 17.23.01.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 82
Wow, first time shooting a rifle and you consistently shooting .4 groups... good for you.

That does look like a carbon ring. Although it typically takes hundreds of rounds to form.

Do yourself a favor and change your trigger back to 1.5lb.

I am trying to find how to use on my Macbook Air but I couldn't make it work.
Does anyone has any tip?

Thank you in advance
I haven't used it on a Macbook in some time but it was as easy as on Windows. There is a manual for the NT100 that simply says... 1.) Attach camera to the USB port; 2.) open "Photobooth"; click VIEW in upper left corner; select "Teslong Camera" or "USB 2.0 PC camera"...wait a few seconds, and it should display on your Mac. Also, you can just email [email protected] and Murphy will help you. I found the above at their site Teslong.com >> Support >> Manuals >> click on NT100 manual in the lower right section of the manual selections listed.

I haven't used it on a Macbook in some time but it was as easy as on Windows. There is a manual for the NT100 that simply says... 1.) Attach camera to the USB port; 2.) open "Photobooth"; click VIEW in upper left corner; select "Teslong Camera" or "USB 2.0 PC camera"...wait a few seconds, and it should display on your Mac. Also, you can just email [email protected] and Murphy will help you. I found the above at their site Teslong.com >> Support >> Manuals >> click on NT100 manual in the lower right section of the manual selections listed.

Wow, first time shooting a rifle and you consistently shooting .4 groups... good for you.

That does look like a carbon ring. Although it typically takes hundreds of rounds to form.

Do yourself a favor and change your trigger back to 1.5lb.

I need to make the Carbon Ring vanish, right?
I am going to set the trigger to 1.5 lbs as before.
I will try new brass again.
Here is my groups when developing the load.
I liked the Varget 44.2gn because were 4 shots at the same hole, and I faint the 5th.
Lapua Brass, SMK 168 bullets, 0.010 jump, BR2 primers,

Attachments

• 0B134980-024C-447F-84C1-6A95A96F7A95.jpeg
    0B134980-024C-447F-84C1-6A95A96F7A95.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 93
I need to make the Carbon Ring vanish, right?
I am going to set the trigger to 1.5 lbs as before.
I will try new brass again.
Here is my groups when developing the load.
I liked the Varget 44.2gn because were 4 shots at the same hole, and I faint the 5th.
Lapua Brass, SMK 168 bullets, 0.010 jump, BR2 primers,

I would, use a brush.

Looks good.

My father-in-law sent my wife his mom's old Mossberg 410 bolt shotgun that's been sitting in a shed for 20+ years without being touched. Thought it would be interesting to use the bore scope to see how bad the barrel really was.
Screenshot_20200409-152534_USB Camera.jpg
Screenshot_20200409-152602_USB Camera.jpg

And after some TLC
Screenshot_20200409-163120_USB Camera.jpg
Screenshot_20200409-163021_USB Camera.jpg

No rust in the barrel at all but there is some on the exterior of the barrel and action that I'm going to take off and reblue.
IMG_20200409_164237_01.jpg

My father-in-law sent my wife his mom's old Mossberg 410 bolt shotgun that's been sitting in a shed for 20+ years without being touched. Thought it would be interesting to use the bore scope to see how bad the barrel really was.
View attachment 7294238View attachment 7294239
And after some TLC
View attachment 7294240View attachment 7294242

No rust in the barrel at all but there is some on the exterior of the barrel and action that I'm going to take off and reblue.
View attachment 7294243
Depending on how bad the rust is, you might not need rebluing, get the finest grade of steel wool, the kind you use for polishing and go gently. I worked on my wife's rifle and you can't even tell there ever was any rust.

Reactions: jtackmann
Anybody know if this borescope would work to scope a 50 BMG? I understand it's only .2" to fit a small bore but would it still be able to focus inside a .5" bore?

Just got the wireless version in yesterday after waiting forever for it to become back in stock. Worked perfect right out of the box with my iPhone and their recommended app.

Use this app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200717-140908_Nova Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20200717-140908_Nova Launcher.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: JC0352
This is an old tablet I got from Verizon in a promotion years ago. Maybe thats the problem. I was going to give the tablet to my dad because he wants one of these borescopes. We’ll just try it I guess. Not too keen on getting the WiFi version to use on his actual phone with some shady app... maybe that’s just paranoia on our part.

Dood.. it's right here :p

It’s literally not on this old tablet (Only Android device I have). It was the first time I turned it on in over 2 years. Google play services, whatever that is, failed to update. Took out the SIM card and it’s going to get some holes put into at the range. It was a slow piece of shit when it was new.

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
Circling back over a year later.... Just got my NEW and improved Teslong bore scope... the first one was the soft cable and using Android.

THIS one.... blew the doors off that!!!

Came with a stiff bore rod and a handy monitor plus everything I needed.

Worth the upgrade!

I like the unit think it works really nice and the cost is supper nice unless they jumped way up . 50.00 was a great deal the only bad thing I see Is what has been seen can't be unseen and its only a matter of time till someone gives you a live video feed to his lower gi instead of his barrel on his gun that would just stink , I joke I hope , but it reminds me of self diagnose of a ailment like my hypochondriac friend in school who had a different deadly disease ever other week , if you are unsure of what you are looking at or for you could totally over do it . I like checking mine after I clean just to make sure I did it correctly my local gun smith kept telling me quit over thinking it , put the toy down and shoot the gun it will tell you when something is wrong .

Reactions: 338LMAI
I like the unit think it works really nice and the cost is supper nice unless they jumped way up . 50.00 was a great deal the only bad thing I see Is what has been seen can't be unseen and its only a matter of time till someone gives you a live video feed to his lower gi instead of his barrel on his gun that would just stink , I joke I hope , but it reminds me of self diagnose of a ailment like my hypochondriac friend in school who had a different deadly disease ever other week , if you are unsure of what you are looking at or for you could totally over do it . I like checking mine after I clean just to make sure I did it correctly my local gun smith kept telling me quit over thinking it , put the toy down and shoot the gun it will tell you when something is wrong .

In states right in the directions "Not for Human Insertion!".. luckily I read the directions first.
Bahahaha

Mine didnt have that warning so I'm good.

Actually used it to clean out my ears.

I only smoke cigarettes with a warning about low birthrate.
- some comedian i can't remember.

Anybody know if this borescope would work to scope a 50 BMG? I understand it's only .2" to fit a small bore but would it still be able to focus inside a .5" bore?
The variable focus mirror aspect at the end of the camera should take care of your issue. With such a large caliber, you also might benefit from wrapping a few turns of electrical tape near the camera end to keep the scope centrally positioned in the barrel. Two separate wraps two inches apart would probably work well for you. :) Good luck.

Reactions: jongekj1
So I’m wanting to get another teslong borescope but with a monitor or without having to plug into anything.......what do you all prefer, the flexible scope or non flexible?

Damn.
Great thread !!!

I know what will be going on my Christmas list.

Would get some good use out of one of these......especially if it will work with .223 & Apple.

Damn.
Great thread !!!

I know what will be going on my Christmas list.

Would get some good use out of one of these......especially if it will work with .223 & Apple.

The USB ones do not work with iOS, the wi-fi models do but can be a bit erratic to get and keep connected. The standalone models with their own display and now longer 26" probe are really the least hassle option.

The USB ones do not work with iOS, the wi-fi models do but can be a bit erratic to get and keep connected. The standalone models with their own display and now longer 26" probe are really the least hassle option.

Excellent info.

Thank you. (y)

In states right in the directions "Not for Human Insertion!".. luckily I read the directions first.
Bahahaha

My primary glass borescope is a high-end piece formerly used by a veterinarian, i can only guess where its been prior to me buying it.
Although Teslong can't quite compare it sure is way more comfortable to use and is good enough for most purposes.

My primary glass borescope is a high-end piece formerly used by a veterinarian, i can only guess where its been prior to me buying it.
Although Teslong can't quite compare it sure is way more comfortable to use and is good enough for most purposes.

You should see how the vet does a uterus check on a horse. 🤠

Always interesting to watch.

maxresdefault.jpg

He'll end up elbow deep. At least.:oops:

Can you buy just the display?

It doesn't look like the USB one is available that way. They offer them for different models that use a BNC/DIN style connector but those cost almost as much as the entire rifle bore scope kits.

Smaller bore, screwed all the way in, larger bore screw the mirror out and adjust the small locking collar.

Recently bought the 4 lens set for different bore diamters....anyone else pick one up?

Reactions: phlegethon
I tried full turn from all the way in to all the way out. It's still not catching the focus.
It’s fixed focus, so you adjust the distance from the mirror. Try putting it inside the neck of a fired case, which will be close enough to the bore diameter for you to adjust it.