• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAMER CHANGER TESLONG BORE SCOPE!!! -- FINALLY A QUALITY REASONABLY PRICED BORE SCOPE!

PSA I just checked Amazon and they have the Teslong Borescope back up and available for pre-ordering based on an in-stock date of October 1st. As a Prime member I opted for the free 2 day shipping. I'm hoping for an early Christmas delivery October 3rd.
Just received update from Amazon that my order is shipping today with delivery scheduled for Monday. The're back in stock at Amazon!

I received this today:

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for purchasing our NTG100 rifle borescope! We are grateful that you chose Teslong for your rifle bore inspection needs.

As a professional manufacturer of inspection cameras, the NTG100 Rifle Borescope is our first attempt in the field of firearm inspection. Fortunately, a large number of consumers have now put a great value on our scope after an American shooting friend of ours pointed out the need for a high resolution, but reasonably priced device. We carefully read each comment we receive on Amazon and we follow the message boards on Sniper’s Hide forum. We truly appreciate the encouragement and support we have received with this product and we are committed to further improvement of our rifle borescopes.

As I mentioned above, the inspection of a rifle barrel's interior is a new application for us. While our prior knowledge gained from years of endoscope production was very helpful, the need to downsize, to miniaturize all parts in order for the camera to fit into even a .22 caliber rifle caused some initial parts weakness. We heard of a couple of problems from a few customers during the first batch of sales. These problems are unforgivable on any product, but all those customers have decided to wait for our after-sales and replacement units. We are extremely indebted for your tolerance and understanding as we bring out this brand new product.

We make no excuses for the problems our customers have experienced, and we are committed to customer satisfaction with our products. Below I have listed the common issues our customers have experienced with our borescope and what we are doing to address these issues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Problem 1] - When the camera cable is wound too tightly, the wire inside the cable can break.

If you purchased one of the early versions of this rifle borescope, please do not store the borescope in the original storage case. The small case requires you to wind the camera cable too tightly which can damage the internal wiring inside the cable.

To help address this problem we are reinforcing the internal structure of the cable to provide more integrity. We are also switching to a larger case and adding a reminder to the cable indicating that winding the cable too tightly can damage the product.

In addition to these improvements, we have also lengthened the service/replacement period to 36 months. If you experience any issues with your borescope, please send us your Amazon order number with a brief explanation of the problems you have experienced. If necessary, we will send you a replacement borescope.

[Problem 2] - The side-view mirror can fall off.

We are applying a stronger adhesive to the mirror which helps prevent the mirror from coming lose.

To our customers that purchased an early NTG100 Rifle Borescope, we will send you a better mirror by other paper mail. The paper mail will be slow, please wait a few days. If your original mirror does not have a problem, please just keep the new one as a spare part.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you have experienced any problems with one of our products we would like to sincerely apologize. We are committed to your satisfaction and would like the opportunity to make it right!

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to send us an email. We are committed to making a good product and we want to own up to our mistakes.

If you like our product, we would appreciate hearing about your experience on Amazon. The success of our product relies on your feedback and we look forward to reading your review!

We appreciate your business and would like to thank you for choosing Teslong!

Best Regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Murphy Wong
Product Manager
Teslong Technology Co., Ltd.

Just recieved mine, and everything works as it should, but I'm getting lines scrolling down the video. It's similar to what we used to experience watching VHS tapes. It's not a big deal, but just want to know if anybody else is seeing the same thing.
Samsung s7, with the recommended USB app.

Screenshot_20190929-194934.png

Just recieved mine, and everything works as it should, but I'm getting lines scrolling down the video. It's similar to what we used to experience watching VHS tapes. It's not a big deal, but just want to know if anybody else is seeing the same thing.
Samsung s7, with the recommended USB app.
No lines on mine.

So far the best $49.00 dollars I have spent on my rifle, now I know why my groups have started to open up on my 338 LM, and I only have 830 rounds fired on that DTA barrel.

I just got mine today in the mail. Ordered Sept. 16, so two weeks. Looks like they shipped from China to a Calif. office, which then shipped out to me via USPS.

I only had time tonight to connect to my laptop to confirm it was working using the standard Win 10 camera app. Will do some bore scoping tomorrow. But so far everything looks good. Build quality looks ok and the scope part uncoiled and straightened out fine. Its stiff enough to send down the bore without any issues.

Will post some shots from the camera app. Looking like a good buy.

Attachments

• thumbnail8.jpg
    thumbnail8.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 173
  • thumbnail9.jpg
    thumbnail9.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 182
  • thumbnail10.jpg
    thumbnail10.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 169
I got mine Monday but didn't have time to play with it till today! It took some fiddling on my part to figure out the plug hardware to attach it to my Samsung/Android phone. It worked as advertised and had a caution flag about rolling up the optic cable too tight. I've opted to hang it from my caribou antlers till I build a rigid pvc holder that can protect and store it straight. Has anyone come up with pre-machined nylon or delrin spacer/lock rings for different calibers? My A. D. D. won't permit me to try and read back through this entire thread.

I got mine Monday but didn't have time to play with it till today! It took some fiddling on my part to figure out the plug hardware to attach it to my Samsung/Android phone. It worked as advertised and had a caution flag about rolling up the optic cable too tight. I've opted to hang it from my caribou antlers till I build a rigid pvc holder that can protect and store it straight. Has anyone come up with pre-machined nylon or delrin spacer/lock rings for different calibers? My A. D. D. won't permit me to try and read back through this entire thread.

UPDATE!!! - Got it up and running yesterday and looked down a couple of barrels and showed a couple of friends. I think I may have sold two or three more units. Kudos to Teslong! I think I'll start hunting for a dedicated tablet to use with this. I did spend a couple of hours reading back through the entire thread but didn't see anything new about bore spacers?

I ordered one from their site too. Takes a month to arrive to Northern Europe.

I asked about the package inventory and they sent me one. They noted the bag does not belong to the package anymore.

I guess it takes too much bending to fit it in to carrying bags?

I would have really liked to store it and lend it out in a bag. But it looks like it does not tolerate such handling.

I just received mine today. Two things:

1) I can confirm it works with chromebook.
2) It will sell a lot of cleaning supplies and barrels.

I scoped my HMR and I'm too ashamed to post pics. Looks absolutely horrible with all the carbon/copper. I'm frankly surprised it shoots as well as it does. I thought I was doing a decent job cleaning but now I'm on the hunt for better chemicals. Mostly something for carbon. Any suggestions welcome.

You scoped your HMR? Did you get a good enough view from the chamber into the barrel? I am guessing it does not go further.

I’ve been told the iPhone version target release date is presently planned for late October - early November. Info was current as of several weeks ago.

The original release was targeted for early October but has since been moved out approximately one month to early November.

Reactions: JRosson
My Teslong rifle borescope was delivered last Friday; struggled to get it to work on my Samsung Tablet, but it worked perfectly when plugged into my Desktop PC. Attached photo is the gas port in my AR-15 barrel. I always wondered if I had the gas block properly aligned, now I know [not!].

Attachments

• WIN_20191015_19_02_04_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20191015_19_02_04_Pro.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 194
Yes Sir, and made me an even stronger believer in BoreTech cleaning supplies. I was expecting to see all kinds of copper but no; I was pleasantly surprised. The BoreShine before I ever took this one to the range might have had a hand in it too.

If there are no apps to do this on Apple, it might be that Apple does not allow this to be done in their OS.

Last edited:
It's a simple camera app. Apple will have no issue beyond approval from their app department. You can find many shooting/ballistics apps in the Apple App Store. If that is what you were referring to as not being allowed.

I bought an old refurb pixel xl specifically so I didnt have to worry about the potentially malicious apps though I doubt its a real issue, I only use it for this bore scope and my spotting scope digiviewer.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Here are a couple pictures of brand new barrel that was just chambered.

Attachments

• IPC_2019-10-28.16.23.07.2160.jpg
    IPC_2019-10-28.16.23.07.2160.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IPC_2019-10-28.16.23.22.6700.jpg
    IPC_2019-10-28.16.23.22.6700.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IPC_2019-10-28.16.24.20.7240.jpg
    IPC_2019-10-28.16.24.20.7240.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 159
  • IPC_2019-10-28.16.25.44.9320.jpg
    IPC_2019-10-28.16.25.44.9320.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 158
I have been looking through a lot of bore pictures on this thread and the main thing that stands out is the rough looking tool marks . I have had a lot of questions in the past about barrel maker lapping. These pics show that there is no such thing as a mirror finish in a bore. "This Guy's" pics above are a perfect example of a new barrel I'm sure that it does help barrel performance, but for an OCD like me, it looks like they missed lapping all the barrels I have seen. I would hate to cull a barrel for apparent imperfections and see worse on the new replacement barrel. Just emphasizes the need for educating new bore scope users to the realities of bore life. The main use that I need a scope for is throat erosion and muzzle condition. The rest of the barrel is as shown, a means to an end. in this case both ends of the bore. Just an old man's thinking. Life is good but too short. Enjoy it to the hilt while you can. By the way, I am very glad to see an inexpensive bore scope of this quality.

That is a new Krieger barrel.

I have been looking through a lot of bore pictures on this thread and the main thing that stands out is the rough looking tool marks . I have had a lot of questions in the past about barrel maker lapping. These pics show that there is no such thing as a mirror finish in a bore. "This Guy's" pics above are a perfect example of a new barrel I'm sure that it does help barrel performance, but for an OCD like me, it looks like they missed lapping all the barrels I have seen. I would hate to cull a barrel for apparent imperfections and see worse on the new replacement barrel. Just emphasizes the need for educating new bore scope users to the realities of bore life. The main use that I need a scope for is throat erosion and muzzle condition. The rest of the barrel is as shown, a means to an end. in this case both ends of the bore. Just an old man's thinking. Life is good but too short. Enjoy it to the hilt while you can. By the way, I am very glad to see an inexpensive bore scope of this quality.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
This bore scope is the real deal.
Looking for opinions on the below picture. This is the gas port of a 6mm Creed barrel that has about 1200 rounds on it. Is that fire cracking / erosion around the gas port considered "normal"?
It's been shot almost 100% suppressed, and mostly handloads that would not be considered all that hot.
Note: I ran the scope in from the muzzle end, so the erosion is on that side of the gas port.
WIN_20191031_16_31_59_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
This bore scope is the real deal.
Looking for opinions on the below picture. This is the gas port of a 6mm Creed barrel that has about 1200 rounds on it. Is that fire cracking / erosion around the gas port considered "normal"?
It's been shot almost 100% suppressed, and mostly handloads that would not be considered all that hot.
View attachment 7180898

How does it cycle?

I had my Teslong camera wire broke.

Windows program can read it for some time until I touch the cable.
Android apps crash pretty soon after plugging it in without ever providing video.

I email Teslong and they replied very fast.
They have EXCELLENT warranty support.

I wondered how it broke, my thoughts are that it might not take much twisting that is required when for example, checking the crown if the cable has the slightest amount of curve to it. I asked them to check if it might be sensitive to it.

Near miss:

Are you storing the cable in the case?

I was having trouble until I started storing the cable by hanging like a cleaning rod.

What is it about the Krieger above your post that you don’t like? The barrel finish is correct. Did someone tell you the finish is supposed to be mirror shiny? The perpendicular marks in three of his pictures are caused by the chamber reamer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steel head
Ordered one today from Amazon, will check my over 1000 rounds 6 CM barrel.

Near miss:

Are you storing the cable in the case?

I was having trouble until I started storing the cable by hanging like a cleaning rod.
I have been storing it in the cardboard box that came with it. Once they noticed the wire does not last long when storaged in the original box they dropped it from the set.

That is why I am quite surprised it developed a problem, I have been quite careful when putting it in storage.

It cycles just fine, and shoots pretty decent too. I'm more curious than worried.
There's fire cracking for the first few inches at the chamber end, which I expected, but this just seems odd...

Think about the hell that orifice is subject to.

As an analogy think hot habanero and anus.

There will be damage.

• Haha
Reactions: SupressYourself
Near miss:

Ok...I'm surprised to...fortunately they don't hesitate to replace them...I'm on my 3rd one...

Like most products from that part of the world your purchase of replacements is built into the price.

If they spend more than $10 making them Id be surprised.

My wife buys shit all the time now and when she calls to ask to return it because its wrong color, doesnt fit, came damaged they just say keep it and send new stuff.

Not small ticket items either $200 mirror, an $800 coffee table - just keep it, your new one is in route.

Fucking sad.

What is it about the Krieger above your post that you don’t like? The barrel finish is correct. Did someone tell you the finish is supposed to be mirror shiny? The perpendicular marks in three of his pictures are caused by the chamber reamer.

I thought the barrel in those pic looked pretty nice.

So when does the iPhone compatible version release?

Been recently asking about this via PM of Teslong as well but have not yet gotten a response from their product manager.

Originally I was told release had slipped from early October to late October but they’ve obviously missed that target date. I’ve supposedly been added to an email list to be notified as soon as iPhone compatible product becomes available. Will post back if I hear back anything.

Sent me a new mirror as well, warranty extended to 3 years, seems like this company really wants to take care of their customers, been pretty pleased with my borescope I will continue to refer them business.