• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAMER CHANGER TESLONG BORE SCOPE!!! -- FINALLY A QUALITY REASONABLY PRICED BORE SCOPE!

Damn.. I'm so sorry to hear that. did you contact [email protected]? Or PM me and maybe I can help?

Started another series of emails today but no response so far.

Last replacement took a week to get here as they use UPS Mail Innovations which is slower than snail mail.

I did get it working once but when I touched the camera cord the screen went black although the LEDs still work. Tried reloading the app and then all the other apps but no change. Spent most of the day playing with it but now frustrated and put it down.

I dunno... My axmc barrel with 1500 rounds on it now without a single patch through it might be getting close but accuracy is still sub moa lol... I'm going to clean it now just to see what happens post cleaning pics to follow.

IPC_2019-08-03.15.28.23.1130.jpg

IPC_2019-08-03.15.28.35.9820.jpg

Reactions: MTRecon
Started another series of emails today but no response so far.

Last replacement took a week to get here as they use UPS Mail Innovations which is slower than snail mail.

I did get it working once but when I touched the camera cord the screen went black although the LEDs still work. Tried reloading the app and then all the other apps but no change. Spent most of the day playing with it but now frustrated and put it down.
Sounds very much like what happened with my first unit, but Amazon got the replacement to me in a couple of days. I suspect that there is a weak data wire connection. Not sure if this is a design or QC issue, but the bloom will soon be off the rose if these things keep failing like that. Hope you can get your problem sorted out satisfactorily and quickly.

Reactions: MTRecon
I just bit. Prime free delivery Wednesday.

I also needed a laptop. I wish listed this. I don't need a supertastic laptop, this should do.

Be sure to choose the Win 10 version instead of the Win 7 one.

Greg

Last edited:

I also needed a laptop. I wish listed this. I don't need a supertastic laptop, this should do.

Greg

Glad you said wishlist and not "I just got this.. Any warranty with that laptop? Sellers referring to Amazon, Amazon referring to sellers. Dicey waters sir, my .02. I need a new laptop too but haven't had time to really research things.

I've had the "black screen" a couple of times...Unplugging the scope from my laptop/phone and closing the App, then plugging in the scope first seemed to solve the black screen problem... (Also making sure the scope was plugged all the way into the phone/USB port might help.)

I actually have one, it's just in a Win 10 Hangup.

We moved to AZ, the password was lost, and I need to get it reset by someone who actually knows what they're doing. The local guy referred to it as "a password none issue".

It's also three years behind as far as Win 10 updates are concerned.

It's just a matter of bringing it in and bringing along $50.

Greg

Reactions: blackops_1
Okay.

Played with my Teslong. I didnt grow hair on my palms.

Surprised how beautiful my Garand barrel/gas port actually looks despite its 1952 date.

I dont know what I was looking at.

Often didnt see beautiful pristine surfaces.

Dont care.

This tool will be for taking a peeksy pre cleaning and a looksey post cleaning.

Operated the equipment via the XP/7 link.

Little bit confusing once I was in there as I didnt see the bore scope option only the endoscope option. Clicked around a little bit and found how to choose the bore scope and than was impressed by the amount of control I had on the LEDs so as to get good images.

Its worth $50 if it keeps running.

Greg

We use Toughbooks at work.

Heavy but dynamite pieces of equipment.

Wish I could get my hands on a small viewer to use the Teslong.

Might be I just didnt know what I was doing but the software only allowed for about a 5 inch x 5 inch view. Its good enough to see but not a full screen image.

We use Toughbooks at work.

Heavy but dynamite pieces of equipment.

Wish I could get my hands on a small viewer to use the Teslong.

Might be I just didnt know what I was doing but the software only allowed for about a 5 inch x 5 inch view. Its good enough to see but not a full screen image.
Guessing the camera's image resolution is the limiting factor.

Sounds very much like what happened with my first unit, but Amazon got the replacement to me in a couple of days. I suspect that there is a weak data wire connection. Not sure if this is a design or QC issue, but the bloom will soon be off the rose if these things keep failing like that. Hope you can get your problem sorted out satisfactorily and quickly.

Teslong engineers were able to duplicate my problem...replacement on the way...they suspect a disconnect is occurring when bending the camera cable...I plan to store the replacement vertical just like a cleaning rod and see how it goes...Teslong doesn't hesitate to send replacements if there is a problem.

Reactions: MJF and pbatesaz
Well so much for my guessing skills. :ROFLMAO:

That's seriously impressive. (y)

So how do I switch my view to full screen?

Im only using the free software on an old ass PC.

No idea. I'm using USB Camera Pro which was $5.00 on an NVIDIA Shield TV box. Just downloaded the app from Play Store and plugged camera in via USB.

I also have it running on my Samsung Galaxy Tab4 tablet. And it ran full screen in Win10 camera app

Reactions: pmclaine
someone probably needs to fire up the 3D printer and make some caliber specific jags that we can slip on the wire and guide it through the bore.

Until a better solution comes along, I wrapped scotch tape around the end until it measured just under diameter of lands, around .232” for a 6mm. This kept the camera centered in the bore and focus remained consistent.
7FDDA7D5-4925-45FF-A2B2-8820BDFE0546.jpeg

Anyone get this to work with a chromebook? I found “IP Camera by ShenYao China” app but can not find the “USB Camera by ShenYao China” app. I can not seem to get any other app to work. I’m using my daughters chromebook as everything else I have is an Apple product. I’m not too familiar with the Chromebook so maybe I am doing something wrong?

Update: No luck with chromebook but did get it to work with my 10 year old iMac in photo booth.

Last edited:
Ooohh... I have some in camo. This going to be one tactical scope!

JFR

Reactions: pmclaine
I was one of those guys who cleaned the crap out of their guns after each session. Cleaning my 300 RUM every 10 rounds. Recently I switched over to the 5-10 patches and i'm done group with my 6mm-06 and CZ 455. The new bore scope changed all that. Scoping the bores, the lightly cleaned guns looked like crap and the thoroughly cleaned bores looked great. I've used just about every gun cleaning product on the market and just tested what I had on hand. Butches Bore Shine, 50 BMG, Hoppes #9, Shooters Choice, Sweets.

I am now sold on Bore tech and JB bore paste. A little Bore Tech C4 removes carbon fast and does not blow out the house with a chemical smell. The C4 starts breaking down the carbon ring and the JB bore paste on a pellet removes the carbon ring with ease. The copper cleaner used sparingly removes excess copper while leaving enough to keep the bore smooth. I don't mean this to sound like a commercial, The bore scope has been fun to play with and test cleaning procedures.

Anyone get this to work with a chromebook? I found “IP Camera by ShenYao China” app but can not find the “USB Camera by ShenYao China” app. I can not seem to get any other app to work. I’m using my daughters chromebook as everything else I have is an Apple product. I’m not too familiar with the Chromebook so maybe I am doing something wrong?

Update: No luck with chromebook but did get it to work with my 10 year old iMac in photo booth.

I contacted them about Chromebook but so far it is not supported.

Because we like pics. CZ 455

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-07 09.09.28.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-07 09.09.28.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 136
I picked one up an I was surprised by what I found. I have bought several Green Mountain blanks and they generally do well but the ones I scoped are looking rather rough. I also looked down the bore of their top of the line AR barrel and it is perfect by comparison.

Here are some pictures of a Savage barrel that no matter what I tried it would never shoot well. High spots/low spots everywhere as well as significant chatter marks from chamber to muzzle. I have another Savage barrel that shoots amazing and it is very smooth with no high or low spots.
67734028_356284541963812_1784501363221200896_n.jpg67784578_637522110071864_1143583116128944128_n.jpg

And for comparison here is a Krieger.
68257707_2538715762826167_5586331638259777536_n.jpg

I am going to start scoping blanks before I even start cutting on them from now on. Another thing that amazed me was I spend a lot of time polishing out some chambers and they still look rough as hell.

so since i had time to take a couple pics for giggles, i figured i should chip in and post some examples for folks considering purchase.
of course, they are not as good as some already submitted, but i didn't mess with it much except to screw the ring and mirror all the way down as close to the camera as possible, except to rotate the view.

Application: Endoscope Camera
Device: Windows 7 laptop via normal usb.
Barrel: 20" 1:12 FN CHF (FN Scar 20S)

This is the transition from freebore to lands

20s_fb-to-lands.jpg

this is just somewhere along the barrel

20s_lands.jpg

part of the crown (normally obscured by muzzle device)

Snap_008.jpg

So I bought one of these borescopes pretty much so as soon as I saw they were available I've been looking for something like this for a while and even got close to buying an inspection camera but was never happy with the specs. So far this borescope has worked wonderfully for me and is very easy to use it is also been quite educational the pictures below are the crown back a few inches and near the Chamber of my worst Barrel take a guess at the caliber and make I bet you'll be surprised videos to follow of the whole bore after some cleaning.
Photo_2.jpg

Photo_1.jpg

Photo_3.jpg

Attachments

• Photo_1.jpg
    Photo_1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Photo_3.jpg
    Photo_3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 41
The first video is after my normal wipe out patch out Plus accelerator left sit overnight and then what patches and dry patches till clean get copper pretty well but recently I've begun to suspect it's not taking the carbon out video proof

After seeing all the carbon left in the barrel I tried some Bore Tech carbon remover and copper remover still left some in it so it was scrubbed with chameleon gel and more C4 / cu2 almost all gone

Reactions: GFRoSTY72
I wonder if this thing is so inexpensive due to some kind of subsidy from the barrel making industry? LOL! ;)

CRAP! Got hosed on this deal. Bought a Mosin awhile back... stuck it in my closet. "Great Condition" condition my ass. Wouldn't even be worth getting a new barrel for at this point I suppose

Anyone wanna buy a Mosin? If only for the black stock I bought for it. Never used. HA. A friend said it would make a nice doorstop :/

Last edited:
CRAP! Got hosed on this deal. Bought a Mosin awhile back... stuck it in my closet. "Great Condition" condition my ass. Wouldn't even be worth getting a new barrel for at this point I suppose

Im afraid after receiving mine and test on several barrel and here comes surprises that will cost me more.....to rebarrel

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
I fell for this too, forgot to come back to the thread. Mostly sad looking down my bores, nothing I have is remotely as nice as most photos you are posting, though they do mostly shoot nice so trying not to be disappointed. Especially for pistols, may well use for cleaning inspection; can see uncleaned chambers, and leade ick.

Nice to inspect things like gas ports also. Sad brightness is too low, and focus so limited, so I cannot really see into suppressors.

I have had no issues with focus distance, just twisting etc. works fine for me.

Really wanted it to work on a phone, but it does not on any of the several Androids I own. At all. Anyone figured it out? Works well on Macbook Pro. Does occasionally lock up if you leave it on too long, but just unplug and replug and it's fine. No biggie.

here is a couple pics from a '62 Winchester Model 88 lever gun in .308

freebore to lands transition

Snap_006.jpg

somewhere mid barrel

Snap_007.jpg

$50 spent may have just provided me a much more enjoyable rifle experience from a new build.

A rifle I want to love has some issues in its build and when I sent the builder a video of the borescope doing its thing, and documenting what the problem is, he agreed send it back for a brand new barrel and all associated rework on their dime.

Sweet!

Now start making these in the US so I can like them that much more.

I fell for this too, forgot to come back to the thread. Mostly sad looking down my bores, nothing I have is remotely as nice as most photos you are posting, though they do mostly shoot nice so trying not to be disappointed. Especially for pistols, may well use for cleaning inspection; can see uncleaned chambers, and leade ick.

Nice to inspect things like gas ports also. Sad brightness is too low, and focus so limited, so I cannot really see into suppressors.

I have had no issues with focus distance, just twisting etc. works fine for me.

Really wanted it to work on a phone, but it does not on any of the several Androids I own. At all. Anyone figured it out? Works well on Macbook Pro. Does occasionally lock up if you leave it on too long, but just unplug and replug and it's fine. No biggie.

Do you go to the "Advanced" settings and adjust the brightness of the LED?

I'm finding the default light too bright and I have to set it lower to see good detail without glare.

Last edited: