• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gander Mountain Bolt gun find wow

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
So this lucky ass guy walked into Gander mountain today and found an accuracy international rifle in 308 Winchester in the FDE 2.0 Chasis. Now if this gun was shot I would be shocked. I mean shocked. The kicker is the price tag. $2500 dollars I could not believe my luck.

I could not get the old credit card out fast enough.

I am stoked.

Paul

Seriously?! Gander usually book values their used stuff. What year and model AI?

That would be amazing........they are WAY overpriced on 99.9% of their crap.

They could have mistakenly priced it at book value on an older AE, maybe a MK1.

They had to have booked it improperly, there's no way they priced it intentionally for that as their prices from what I have seen typically suck.

I handled that rifle and watched it for 5 weeks, but he's actually lying about the price. It was $2499. The rifle has no wear and looks virtually unfired. These are pics from my iPhone.

I walked in looked at it for about two seconds and said I will take that.

Bronco why the hell did you not buy it. My problem is I have a 260 custom build that shoots around a .24 group with 10 rounds the last time I shot it. I have no idea what I am going to do with this but I could not let the deal go.

Waiting on my AI AT and had just purchased my Steiner MSR, figured the wife would murder me if I dropped more coin for another AI...I just LOL'd that it sat so long. I went in weekly watching it sit...I had a feeling it would show up here sooner or later...I never imagined I'd see something like that at GANDER of all places. Great score man. If you ever shoot at CMRPC, say hi, I'm usually shooting my DTA or testing loads on one of my 6.5 Grendels.

My only "deal" at a retail store was many years back at a K-mart. I always swing by the ammo counter and take a look at prices. This was way back when the sales clerk actually put the little sticker with the price on the item. Someone had marked the Remington .22 / 100 packs at the box of 50 price. I asked the woman at the counter "hey, how much is that? " and she looked at it and repeated the price. I asked how much of that they had and she went in the back and looked for me. Turned out they had a little over a case / 6000 rounds and I took all of it. I had an FFL at the time and could not buy it that cheap. She offered to call another store and see if they had any and I replied "no thanks".

Once in a while you luck out.......

The only time I wonder into Gander is if I am at Sam's club waiting for tires and I will do a walk thru.
I was surprised to hear an AI ended up at Gander. I can only guess how they low balled the guy that sold or traded it off.
Glad someone here rescued it.

That's one of the benefits to us of Gander Mountain employing McDonald's fry cooks behind the gun counter.

Most of the time Gander Mountain is so outrageous on their gun prices it'll make you fall over laughing just looking at them. However, most of their clerks have a hard enough time telling a savage from a cooper so getting something like this in blows their mind and they mess up in pricing it.

Chalk this up as a win for the good guys!

It pays to scan the used rack now and then:

A few years ago I found two 80's vintage R700 long action rifles, one with a Simmons 4-12 scope and one with a Leupold 2.5-8 Vari-X III. Both were priced at $599.

You can guess which one I bought... Fifteen minutes later with a 10% discount.?

Heck, we can't even pick up used rifles to look at here at the Gander Mtns in Indy. They're all behind the counter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I picked up an AIAW folder in 308 with a S&B 5-25 on top for 6500$ a few years used at Cabelas.

I can't imagine what the guy who sold it let it go for.....

Awesome deal, congrats. I got a T3 lite in great shape around the holidays this year with a vxII 2-7 and a spare mag for just over five bills. Not quite as amazing but i was happy. Douche behind the counter tried to tell me how the scope wasnt really all that and some other shit. I just told him to go away and find the counter manager to help me and to not be pissed because i had the money to buy it and he didnt. I love the "industry pros" who try to tell me all sorts of stuff when i hit a store that isnt my usual looking for something. I dont know everthing (just ask the mrs) but the fools they hire......

So here are some pics of the gun........... Little more to the story, the guy there stated that he paid the guy $1500 for it. Makes you sick.

That looks like an AE MKIII.

It's probably worth $1000 more than you paid for it.

I bet someone's dad with the AI kicked off and a family member took it to the nearest gun shop to sell it.

Thats a....don't even think about it buy. I don't even need another AI...but I would have instantly bought that sucker.

I am still surprised by the price, but I am glad to see that you got an actual AI and didn't get fooled thinking someone's "custom" 700 in an AICS was somehow an AI. I know that most anyone on here would know the difference, but there are a lot of people who wouldn't have a clue. (Hence the reason why it likely sat so long) Great find, enjoy!

I recently saw someone pay $1700 for a modestly used TRG-22...deals like that happen, but they're few and far between.

The new Gander in St. Louis has used, beat to absolute SHIT, Gen 2 Glocks for $549. I wandered in and wandered right back out.

Based on how thoroughly confused a local FFL was when I did a PPT for my AE MKIII, I bet they thought it was a Rem700 in an AICS and priced it based on that. It took the local FFL 10 minutes to figure out what it was, even after repeatedly telling them, let alone 6.5 CM being stamped on the barrel.

So here are some pics of the gun........... Little more to the story, the guy there stated that he paid the guy $1500 for it. Makes you sick. [/URL]

They must have told you after they swiped your card that they payed 1500, you prob could of got it for 2,000 if you played hard ball.

Hey, let's not be dissing Gander Mountain. Couple years back, I'm looking for an older 1911. Came up with a National Match on the Gander web site for $1150. Used and the rear sight had been replaced. Looked closer at the photos. It was a pre-war National Match 1911!! Bought it in a heartbeat.

Yep, they are overpriced. Until the former fry cook gets in over his head identifying a firearm. Nice catch on the AE rifle!

OMG you lucky dog! I would have tore my pocket trying to get at my credit card. :p

Hey, let's not be dissing Gander Mountain. Couple years back, I'm looking for an older 1911. Came up with a National Match on the Gander web site for $1150. Used and the rear sight had been replaced. Looked closer at the photos. It was a pre-war National Match 1911!! Bought it in a heartbeat.

Yep, they are overpriced. Until the former fry cook gets in over his head identifying a firearm. Nice catch on the AE rifle!

Or you purchase a used HK PSP at a decent price only to find out a few days later it is a stolen firearm when you register it...

To their credit, I was able to get my money back.