• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Camo on SPS Tactical

kbrady

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
Franklin, KY
Finally had good enough weather to get out and spray some paint and put some stickers on my SPS Tactical. Drew and cut out stencils using blue painters tape with wax paper backing a few weeks ago. Degreased HS Precision stock with alcohol a few times and let dry about 10 minutes. Started slinging paint then.......Tan/Black/OD. Its not perfect by any means, but I like it and it turned out exactly how I wanted it. Thanks to the guys on here with the step-by-step on how to do this!! Made things idiot proof.

Before:
S6301874.jpg

After:
S6301910.jpg

Re: GAP Camo on SPS Tactical

looks damn good man! Did you just cut out random shapes with the tape or is there a pattern to follow?

Jake

I used a sharpie to draw random shapes, cut them out with exacto knife. Wax paper backing let me store them until I was ready to use them. Yes, it was a pain in the ass to draw and then cut them out. If you don't have patience, get premade stencils! Thanks for the comment. Was a fun DIY job.

Kelly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kbrady</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used a sharpie to draw random shapes, cut them out with exacto knife. Wax paper backing let me store them until I was ready to use them. Yes, it was a pain in the ass to draw and then cut them out. If you don't have patience, get premade stencils! Thanks for the comment. Was a fun DIY job.

Kelly </div></div>

If you think thats a pain try cutting out 30 digital stencils
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of spray paint did you use? </div></div>

Krylon Camouflage with Fusion....Khaki/Black/Olive

Thats by far one of the best GAP camo remake I'v seen thus far.

Thanks for they comments everybody.....it turned out better than I thought it would!

That looks great!! I need to build up the nerve to get the paint that close to mine!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cross C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks absolutely sharp as hell! Great work! Looks good on that houge. I bet it still feels nice as well even after that paint.</div></div>

I replaced the factory Hogue stock with a Remington 5R take off HS Precision stock.......I don't know if the paint would stick to the Hogue or not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats by far one of the best GAP camo remake I'v seen thus far.</div></div>

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

GG

Where can a fellow find one of those 5R take-off stocks? Looks like a fun project.

Seems there is always one for sale here on the Hide.....expect to pay 175-225 for it. The 700P take off stock is very similar to the 5R take off......the 700P is an inch or so longer overall. Both have the aluminum bedding block and dual swivel studs up front. Both are great stocks if you don't feel the need to step up to a Manners or McMillan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wade-19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where can a fellow find one of those 5R take-off stocks? Looks like a fun project.</div></div>

They pop up in the sale area a few times a month.

Nice paint job OP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Coker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I was so inspired by your paint job I did mine today here are some pics.

DSC_0312__44299_zoom.JPG
</div></div>

Looks good!! Did a hell of a job.

I was inspired as well... here is my Ruger 10/22 in the Boyd MacMillan knock off... the "Tacticool."

2723160216_large.jpg